Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock: 10/4 Thumbnails and WIP progress shots, pg. 21.

Thanks
    Some fast sketches/costume designs for my Dominance War invoker.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Max Challie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,136 Times in 893 Posts
    hah allrigh! I actually missed your portfolio post with all the replys you've gotten.. and your own posts too! thread's on fire again. real nice port; I'm really happy you've added some sketches. hah don't hate me for it; I always just like those best I guess.
    SKETCHBOOK - my website - facebook company page
    ooh yeah; did you know I'm a certified art-teacher? that's right. everything arty I say has been endorsed by the state of the Netherlands! (they'll be sorry soon)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ashess For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,246 Posts
    Mock!! I love this work, your doing so good!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kelly x For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mock View Post
    Some fast sketches/costume designs for my Dominance War invoker.
    her head is too big (width wise)

Quote Originally Posted by Mock View Post
    It's always fun to come off of a really stressful couple of weeks and just paint the hell out of something you really enjoy or that means something to you.

WIP. I think I'm going to reeeeally push this one.
    Give us some emotional attachment, IE a face or something to look at. Is she scared that shes falling? is she calm? excited? I'm pretty sure this is a W.I.P but if you weren't planning to include something that tells us how to feel aside from color (which isn't that bad if there is no figure) but because there is a person present you need to tell us how to feel. You control us for the few seconds-minutes we look at anything done by you. You are the puppet master and we are the marionettes, so make us dance

Sorry this was such a small critique but times is short for me. On another point I checked out your portfolio, and i wanna say i know youll make it eventually. I don't know what their standards are now, but your references (especially the first one) are gold. That kind of praise is worth more than gold, I only hope that in Dallas you can kiss some Dobsky ass subtly

EDIT: woah i just realized you're a girl , i dont know how that makes you more awesome but it does hahaha. mainly cause your avatar
    ~Curiosity killed the cat. But it made me a F#@k of a lot smarter.

The Human Genome SketchProject

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Genome For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 449 Posts
    Nice work in here! You seem really productive and you improve fast, comparing your work on the first page to your latest. And it hasn't even been a year since! Do you ever put the pencil down? I'm really impressed! Your pencils are especially nice to look at, lovely shading.
    And good luck with the atelier, have you gotten a response yet?
    sketchbook / sketchblog / deviantart / facebook / twitter / e-mail

"assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit" - cicero

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AsaB For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Asa: Putting the pencil down is for wussies. =P

And nope, no response yet. From what I've heard it's pretty standard that if there aren't any spots open, it's unlikely that you'll get a response because they don't go beyond a set number of students. And if they review your portfolio and you don't get accepted, then there's not really a rejection letter or anything. You just know by the several months of silence. Which is cool. Gives me several months to put together a better portfolio.

Genome: Pfffffft. Man, I'm always grateful to see your comments, regardless of length. Thanks so much for all of the support ad critique you give me. It's extremely appreciated. And yeah, haha. Mistaking me for a dude seems to be a pretty common thing.

More individual responses tonight. I'm going to Barnes and Noble all day to work on drawing skeletons. I realize I've pretty much skipped over the human skeleton in my studies, so I'm going to go make up for it by drawing dozens of them.

Thanks
    Mocky mock,

The first and most important crit I can give I feel is that your avatar SERIOUSLY disturbs me, we are talking actual nightmares. (i was abused by a muppet as a child)

Your skills are on the verge of becoming awesome! Not sure how many studies you do from life but I think setting up some digi still life would help muchly, your pencils have improved tons since your first post, well done there but aye I would focus on lighting as has already been said, look for core shadows and edges and shizzle.

Good luck with the MB school and I am seriously jealous of your Dallas going ways.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DannySketch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    It's your evil twin here.
    I noticed quite an improvement on page 8, whatever you're doing keep on pushing in this directions...the study of planes seems to have made your sketches more solid. Nice tones and colors on the falling woman, by the way.
    In bocca al lupo!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to GaussianRaider For This Useful Post:

Jumping around houses north east in the uk.
    Thanks
    I certainly like the progress! Yes yes!

Planes need to be singed into your mind with branding red hot iron!

Here, another quote from elwell about planes. Working inside the outline.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwell View Post
    While plane diagrams can look superficially like cg wireframes, there are differences. For instance, "artistic" planes are often slightly curved, while cg polygons are always flat. Planes are more important as a way to think than as a way to draw. Loomis wouldn't actually construct a head by literally going from diagram 1 to 2 to 3, but it's important to be able to recognize those underlying structures as you're drawing. There is no universal "right" way of conceptualizing planes, especially when you get to the smallest forms, but with experience you will start to recognize common things to look for. Also, how we approach planes differs depending on how you are working. When working from life (or photos), we use the light to draw the planes. When working from imagination, we use the planes to draw the light.
    (Yes, I've got a bookmarked folder of usefull posts.)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Fitzin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Well, it's almost here. Leaving in about 7 hours to begin the long roadtrip to Dallas. Hopefully to become one step closer to making the dream come true. And probably one step further from the Atelier after Carl destroys my portfolio on review day. =P

Wish me luck!

I will see you guys when I get back, filled with new motivation, inspiration, and hopefully a shitload of new knowledge and skills to try out. I'm so excited I'm practically pissing anticipation.

Dominance War semi-rendered out costume design for the Clericon.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mock For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Helllaa Rad!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to rossipoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    No art since I don't have a scanner here in Dallas, just a bit of advice for anyone who reads this: if you get the chance to go to one of these workshops, do it. And I don't mean "if its easy". Make the effort to save the money and get the time off, because these experiences are priceless. We've only been to the kick off party so far, and I'm already filled with renewed inspiration and passion for art. I'm ten times more determined to succeed.

It's definitely what you make of it. If you sit in a corner and don't talk to anyone, you will only get what you can pick up from whats going on on the stage/screens. If you approach people, talk to them, ask them questions, they can provide you with some of the most amazing advice you'll ever hear.

When I get back, expect things to go to another level. I've been too lazy and too complacent so far.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Mock For This Useful Post:

Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast