Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Jumping around houses north east in the uk.
    Thanks

Ideas...

I've read more of your posts, especially the ones concerning your thoughts of the conceptart atelier.

I'd love to go there myself when I leave my own college, it whould be a worthy goal for me to reach. I'm concerned however that I may need more skills

Now concerning my ideas...

I suggest you play around with the compostion a little more, What is he looking at? Anwser questions concering if this is a story.

With the feet, they look ambiguous, I suggest moveing them, giveing them space, to help give a sense of perspective.

This is what I beleive a excellent example, I got this from the Temple of the seven golden camels. I found this a good example of feet placement to make for beleiveabilty in this post. Theres a lot of posts there concerning compostion over that place. I heard DanialC checks there.

Keep exploring possabilties in this works early stage.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fitzin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,280 Posts
    digg the updates good show !

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    your pencils are great, clean and show lots of form. A pleasure to look at.
    also dig the designs and, most important, your attitude!
    vai alla grande, continua cosi´! =)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pepps For This Useful Post:

Thanks

House Call

Got a good book
    happening here

Look forward to
    meeting you at
    the Dallas workshop

I gave you
    5 BONES

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mentler For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey Mock,

Nice work man, I'm really loving it all. I'm not good enough nor do I have the know how to offer you crits on your work. All I can say is that I'm honored to be in your sketchgroup. Keep this stuff up.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cdejong For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    You guys make me happy. I love coming back to find comments in here. I'll respond to them ASAP, as well as posting new work. My computer went kaput over heating issues, so until the tech comes out and fixes it, I'm S.O.L on posting all the stuff on my HD. =/

Thanks
    keep up the Bridgeman (great job b.t.w), and don't forget to look up some Loomis too!

Loved your first all digital.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus12 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Zeus: Yeah, I think I'll have some loomis studies to post this weekend. Thanks for commenting!

Seb: You're more than qualified to critique, but thank you. I'm glad we did the sketchgroup, its great motivation for me to post more.

Mentler: Thanks! That's an honor coming from you. I just saw in the instructors post that you might be teaching in Dallas! Can't wait to see you there. =)

pepps: Thanks! Pencil work has always been a major weak point for me, so I'm trying to improve on that.

Grandmassa: Thanks, man. There will be more. Always more.

Fitzin: The skill is just a matter of time. You've been working your ass off! You will get there. Just keep pushing man. And thanks! I adjusted his feet a bit accordingly, but I'll probably adjust them more to give him a bit more of a realistic stance.

Nothingbutzack: Learning digital is overrated ;P And look on the bright side, that gives you time to work on the foundational skills that a lot of people ignore. So when you do get around to digital, you'll have the foundations down entirely. =)

Genome: Agreed on the asspats, haha. I'm throwing in some red smoke on the left side of the image to catch and reflect some of the light from the main source, and hopefully make for a more interesting image.

Walid: Thanks, man. Hopefully it'll be done by this weekend and I can move on to the companion image that I have planned.

Got an HD enclosure to snag some stuff til I can get my computer fixed. Update on the current WIP, and another WIP of an old, old character from a game world I had in mind back when I was like 15, haha. I really wanted to paint a face at that angle in detail, so we'll see what comes of it.

Bottom image is the original character sheet WIP done a long while ago, not recent work. But I'm still fond of it for inexplicable reasons.

Will have a big update this weekend, I imagine. About 15 sketch pages and hopefully finished versions of these two pieces.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,414 Times in 593 Posts
    Looking good madame mock : )
    Keep it coming ! And dont hesitate to go a bit crazier with your line drawings (check out lungbug, just to get some ideas going)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DanielC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    DanielC: His sketchbook images won't load. =( Maybe I just saw an old sketchbook or something, I'll have to look around more.

A long(er) pose that usual. About 3 hours, I guess? I photoshop-darkened the outside a bit more since the scanner picked up all the light parts that were left in the sketch, and I've killed enough 8B pencils trying to make it dark.
    Last edited by Mock; February 9th, 2009 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Removed crappy titania WIP. Because it was a big blistering sore on the face of my sketchbook. Like herpes.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,414 Times in 593 Posts
    nice new pose !
    Something i usually do with these is having the darkest dark the same value as the background value, just to give it more depth and have both the positive and negative space fit together.. but i guess that's more like a final touch
    Anyway, keep working !

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DanielC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey man, the painting is looking pretty cool, I dig the palette and pose a lot. The face could use a little bit more work, I feel like the forehead is too big... but I dunno, maybe just play around with it a bit. I think the face might just be scrunched up a bit. Not sure.

The figure drawing looks nice, anatomically there is nothing wrong with it, and the pose and everything look really solid. The shading could maybe be a bit more blended, and the direction of the shading on the leg breaks the rhythm in the figure... remember to shade along the planes, not across them. It preserves the motion and direction. It is also much easier to describe shadows that way.

Still looks awesome though, keep up the good work dude. I wish I could say that I'm looking forward to meeting you at the Dallas workshop, but there's no chance I'll be there .

Keep on truckin', you get better every update.

Thanks
    Excited to see your weekend update ! , The only critique I have is your creatures "feet" seem a little too large for the body. The large hands are fine, but when it comes at out as large hands and feet it looks like a clown!

still excited to see it done!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus12 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I would devote a seperate sketch book to drawing nothing but hands and feet. I forget where I first heard this quote maybe it was Ian Mc Craig who mentioned it but " all else can be forgiven if you nail the hands and feet." Also it might help to choose a target praportion type like naturalistic/ idealised/ or heroic and so forth. This will help you target a balanced bodytype and structure with which to house your designs on top of.
    Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert.B For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    hey! nice updates, the life drawing looks very good!
    i thought i´d share some ideas on your chow. I like where it is going, but there are some things i find distracting. Mainly the lightest part and contrast is on the dress wich becomes to my eyes the focal point (it´s ok of course, if that´s what you want) The face looks a bit weird at the moment, of course it´s not finished but the proportions are really off. (the distance chin-eyes is like 1/3 of the face =) ). Also the leafs are really a lot!! it may look a bit too crowded, and it´s a bit disapointing the fact that they cover both hands!! =)
    hope this helps, keep up the good work =)

Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast