View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

SpeedAnim5:BattleCool

Update: hmm, i cant upload it on this site so here is a link:
    http://coldcity.deviantart.com/art/S...eCool-87915689

Yay, just finished today:

I would love your bashful, hardcore criticism. I appreciate and appreciated future and past criticism.

Practice practice practice!

Last edited by SpikeVallentine; June 8th, 2008 at 06:15 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like the animations you are doing, great dedication and storytelling in them. They are very entertained and like how you incorporate music effectively. With this last one, composition wise, I think you are overusing a bit much side views for your battle sequences. I know that side views are easier to animate for battle sequences but try spicing things up by tilting the camera, changing the view, make the camera enhance the feeling of dynamism and action. See how they are doing it in today's anime such as Naruto, Bleach, even the Advent Children movie, or better yet, watch MontyOum Dead Fantasy videos Anyways, this stuff is great, keep at it!

SKETCHBOOK SUPPORTGROUP #48
    Maestro Andres | CouchPotato | Mono2k5 | Sawa | 0shade0

"The aim of figure drawing is never to copy the model but to analyze it." - sfa

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Andres View Post
    I really like the animations you are doing, great dedication and storytelling in them. They are very entertained and like how you incorporate music effectively. With this last one, composition wise, I think you are overusing a bit much side views for your battle sequences. I know that side views are easier to animate for battle sequences but try spicing things up by tilting the camera, changing the view, make the camera enhance the feeling of dynamism and action. See how they are doing it in today's anime such as Naruto, Bleach, even the Advent Children movie, or better yet, watch MontyOum Dead Fantasy videos Anyways, this stuff is great, keep at it!
    thank you for your honesty! YES!!! profiles are such a sneaky way to slide by,ahhaha. but yes, thank you!!

I like your criticism a lot, that makes a lot of sense. yesssss.
    Thank you!

and i chekced out MontyOum Dead Fantasy, i remember seeing his creations before, yes! i must study him.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn, your productive.
    The story is cute, in a macabre sort of way.
    The depth of field you occasionally portray (by blurring the background) is awful nice, it brings variety to the piece and helps to keep the linework from feeling flat.

Camera shake is a nice effect to help us feel those sword clashes.
    But the shakes start before the blows are actually struck, muddling the oomph of it a little. The trembling is a nice touch, especially during emotional moments. But at times I think you were a little generous with it. For example the Female Lead seems pretty damned carefree, it's a bit dramatic for her to tremble and cower when she first mentions there's no prize money when she's so nonchalant and perky about it a moment later.

Monty Oum is alright to study.
    His Martial Arts Choreography cherry picks from Hollywood at times, and as a result his characters can be a mishmash of styles and characterizations. This was more prevalent in Haloid than Dead Fantasy II, but I digress. For the Fanservice personified that it is, that's all in good fun and makes for a great result, but for the sake of education I'd recommend studying professional Fight Directors/Martial Arts Choreographers directly.

(I'm not saying the man doesn't do his homework, but that you should be doing his homework too.)

Last edited by Zilant; June 9th, 2008 at 03:06 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.