Critique Welcomed
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Critique Welcomed

I drew this early '08 and just had some trouble with it. Any critique will be helpful.

When life throws you lemons, throw back limes.

My DeviantART Page
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your drawing is interesting and I assume you are not looking for a realistic style.
    Thus, in its own way its good, not abiding to strictly realistic proportions.
    Even though, you wants opinions, so I’ll give you mine:
    The nose seems too rosy –unless you did it on purpose to point an effect like cold or a drunk state-. Normally the nose -being in a “high” spot of the face- tends to be lighter, not darker. Even though I think it would convene better if you leave the nose drawn until just a little bit above the nostrils, not much further. By the way the nose bridge is very thin, but perhaps that was your intention.
    The eyes are good, and you worked intensely to make them the focal point. The only tiny thing that I see is that one eye –the right one from the viewer’s position- is higher and a little skewed. Just a little. The eyebrows are ok, they don’t have to be perfect.
    You can soften the jaw. Make it smaller and a little more curvy. Thus you are accompanying the feminine and accentuated traits of your portrait.
    The hat could leave space for a little more head, that is, she could look more natural –even if natural is not intended- if you make her hat or head bigger. And for bigger I mean taller.
    The hair is fine, you can make it more shiny –your intentions seemed to be to illustrate a very trimmed lady- by using a rubber to show the light points. A little bit in the middle of the curls for example.
    That’s it, all what I opined was intended to keep your own style. Congratulations.

TASmith is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,108 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The disproportions here are disturbing. I'm not sure yet what you wanted from this piece.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like this but for me the extra long bottom eyelashes somewhat distract from the rest of the face . . .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lexx: Thank you very much for all of that . Jaws are (for some reason) really diffucult for me to do (even on an angle shot) so thanks for advice on that.

TASmith: Haha, yeah, I still have a lot of trouble with the proportions of the face and shading.

Ssimulacral: I drew this based on a glamor shot. I was in the mood to draw something out of the ordinary. Although, I did work on them too much. Thanks!

When life throws you lemons, throw back limes.

My DeviantART Page

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.