red riding hood again.

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

red riding hood again.

another image from my red riding hood college project. What do you think? Spot anything?

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey,
    you captured the scence pretty good with tilting the the room slightly to the side

as is saw it i was like: "hmm something is fishy around here..."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not particularly ecstatic about cropping of the wall to the bottom. It really separates the two parts of the room, almost suggesting that you could do completely without the entire left side of the canvas. On top of that the curtain to our left is without the fold treatment you gave to the right side.

She's smiling as she walks in. What about changing her posture a little bit and give her a more cautious expression. It's obvious there's a busted flower pot on the ground and, while I know she's oblivious to the fact a wolf is posing as her grandmother, this is in plain sight.

The wood grain looks a little sloppy, almost like you got tired and said "fuck this, I'm out." That said I'm also really uncertain as to the sense of the architecture you've got here. Some things look a little funny.

"She took the ice cube trays out of the freezer. What kind of a sick bitch takes the ice cube trays out of the freezer?"

LOOK AT MY WEBSITE!
    LOOK AT MY SKETCHBOOK!
    LOOK AT MY BLOG!
    LOOK AT MY DEVIANT ART PAGE!
    LOOK AT MY FINALLY FINISHED PAGE!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i thik the free space could be intentional, cuz i thought the wolf or whatever is somewhere in that corner (not to see though cuz it would be to typical)
    maybe shade that part of the room... not the shadow of the wolf around the corne just make it darker...so that one have a bit of a creepy feeling. maybe pull the curtains and make the light come through the open door so the part where she is standing is bright and where she heading to is dark...know where I'm leading?
    but i agree with Quigleyer on the face expression

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @quigleyer: your are comeplelty right, but it is intentional, i should of mentiotned this is for a double page spread and thus the left hand side of the image will be the side with text on. Expression wise i also agree, I guess id didn't think about it at the time, Ill change it up next version. About the wood, well its actually inkbrush/marbled on to try and get an interesting texture, It could probably do with touching up so thanks.

@hymgami: thankyou.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh man. When you put it that way about the double page spread it changes all of that. Good way to come up with that- two pieces that make up one. Smart job there, SmartKyle.

"She took the ice cube trays out of the freezer. What kind of a sick bitch takes the ice cube trays out of the freezer?"

LOOK AT MY WEBSITE!
    LOOK AT MY SKETCHBOOK!
    LOOK AT MY BLOG!
    LOOK AT MY DEVIANT ART PAGE!
    LOOK AT MY FINALLY FINISHED PAGE!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What looks funny about the architecture is that the left side wall is continuing beyond the height of the wooden beams, when in fact it should become the inside of a sloped roof. That is against the constructive logic of the building and never happens in reality.

Also the beams are flat looking and the front beam should not be level with the room's corner.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ahve to point out something..
    at first i thought she is stepping outside, and so i thought "what the hell with those curtains? they're in the wrong side of the wall!"
    anyway, my point is, that due to lighting & colouring it looks really confusing without the text or explenation. the only thing that really implies on an indoor scene is that broken pot. i know the architecture supposed to be of an indoor, but it could also be of a back-door cottage-house..
    the lighting is really that of an outdoor sunny day, and if its indoor then, the light should come from the window or a lamp.. u should also concider adding props, to indicate to homely enviornment..

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.