Art: On patrol...

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: On patrol...

On patrol...

Hello - I'm new to this site, and hope I'm posting in the right place?!

I normally work as a storyboard artist on kids tv-shows, which means I'm always drawing simple cartoony style drawings in B&W. But currently being unemployed I've got time on my hands to do some color work.
    I would appreciate any critique you can give me, so I can perhaps avoid making all the same mistakes on my next illustration.

I'm very impressed with all the high quality work I see in here and hope to learn a lot from you guys and gals:-) Thanks,
    rzs

You can check out some of the work I normally do here:
    http://norgaard.cgsociety.org/

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Cool pic man. I like the sketches you have on your site.

Other than it looking a wee bit unfinished I would add in some darker colours. It's kinda of washed out right now and with such a strong backlight you would expect much darker areas on his frontside.

Can't wait to see more from ya and hopefully the unemployment doesn't last too long for ya.

Thanks Dreln

I completely agree it that it looks washed out - I hadn't noticed at all until you mentioned it, but it definitely needs more contrast. Also I've had friends tell me I should have added more armor details, so I guess it's not as finished as I thought.

Cheers

Nice stuff. Love your sketchy style.
    I would say that their some games workshop influence in your work but maybe i'm wrong.

Yeah this piece could use some love, compliments on the animatics in your portfolio though. I've enjoyed watching Skunk Fu and it's really neat seeing your work behind the scenes.

Since I'm used to doing quick work, I guess this seemed finished to me - it's slowly dawning on me that concept art is all about the details. Which is exactly why it's great to hear everybody's comments - I feel I've got some good pointers for my next illustration..so thanks.

I just took a look at the games work shop site, and I see your point Spookybabydoll - There's a certain warhammer feel, to the robot suit, though not too much I hope ;-)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.