Opportunity to get in on the ground floor.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Opportunity to get in on the ground floor.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Opportunity to get in on the ground floor.

Greetings. I am working flat out to open a Gallery and Store to feature different styles of art. All the necessary business aspects are in process and I'm trying to attract many artists from many places representing many mediums. This site has the announcement and more details, and feel free to contact me with any questions. Thanks

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A question for you: If there is no commissions, what incentive is there for gallery workers to sell the artist's work?

Part of the reason why traditional gallerys charge a commission is because the gallery workers are in effect paid sales people. Sales people generally earn a portion of sales to provide the incentive to actually sell, and that is the same for sales in any field. I hate to say it, but the sound of your offer sounds much more like landlord than gallery, as you are just renting out space in a location that few of us will ever see. Even if you have a highly visible location, a mish mash of artists that were willing to pay for space is not likely to make a great looking show or gallery.

I know you are just trying to explore ideas and different business models, but this one may need more thought.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.