Thanks

metal gear solid 4(what will happen)

theres been alot of talk about this being the final chapter of the metal gear solid series. Does anyone think Hideo Kojima will kill snake off or will there be a huge plot twist that nobody will see coming?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Pseudocognition is offline The crazy chick who watches you while you sleep. You drool, ya know.
    Thanks
    Nah, it's the end of Solid Snake's story. Too many journalists etc. have played it and said the same thing--everything has been wrapped up.

Which is good.

Kojima has mentioned MGS:5, but the story arc would not be about Snake. I say bring on a female main character

Thanks
    Why do people even ask? Isn't it obvious in the trailers that this will be the end? Or, are you just hoping there will be more? Well, no. Metal Gear Solid is good, which means in must end. A good story is one that is wrapped up to a closure, a unique and interesting package. Harry Potter ended, Lord of the Rings ended, Fight Club was a one-off, etc. Mario, Final Fantasy VII and Star Wars are the ones that get milked, and you can see how ugly that is. Kojima is an intelligent man, and wants to work on other projects. What he does, he does well. This story closes.

Maestro Andres is offline It's just a nickname, still too far from being one...
    Thanks
    Yeah, they will all die out of foxdie: liquid, snake, megumi, patriots, meryl, etc etc, except for Drebin's monkey because monkeys in diapers are immortal

Nah, j/k, pretty sure that Snake will die, the question is how and when, and plus it is a great thing that Hideo Kojima wants to wrap everything up (especially by bringing all past characters) and move on from there.
    SKETCHBOOK SUPPORTGROUP #48
    Maestro Andres | CouchPotato | Mono2k5 | Sawa | 0shade0

"The aim of figure drawing is never to copy the model but to analyze it." - sfa

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudocognition View Post
    Kojima has mentioned MGS:5, but the story arc would not be about Snake. I say bring on a female main character

Don't you remember MGS2?

Pseudocognition is offline The crazy chick who watches you while you sleep. You drool, ya know.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Oaksford View Post
    Don't you remember MGS2?
    Ha ha. :| I liked Raiden. A lot. In fact, I managed to convince the guys at my local Gamestop to hold the giant Raiden poster in the window for me after the game was released >_>;

Rose drove me up the wall, though. Hopefully she stopped sucking between 2 and 4 when she noticed her boyfriend was suddenly 3/4 cyborg. Ehehehe. On the other hand, I have never seen a more interesting "OMG I'M PREGNANT" scene.

ETA: People seem not to like him 1) Because he's girly, 2) Because he's not oozing testosterone and badassery from every pore, like Snake, and 3) Because he's a whiney noob (Lol "Not Nerd, NODE."). Well, Snake had to start somewhere, too. If you ask me, I think it was extremely important to have a more inexperienced character. One of the big themes of MGS is what war does to people. And voila: Noobish Raiden of MGS2 becomes physically deteriorating and seemingly emotionless Raiden of MGS4. The girliness... well, I'm not going to say it was the best decision EVER, but... it really drives home that Raiden and Snake are not the same person, physically or otherwise. They are foils to each other, in English 101 terms.
    Last edited by Pseudocognition; May 28th, 2008 at 08:46 PM.

Maestro Andres is offline It's just a nickname, still too far from being one...
    Thanks
    The thing with Raiden, in what I read on the wikipedia article about him, was he was designed that way to be more appealing to the female audience. That was the main intention in his design.
    SKETCHBOOK SUPPORTGROUP #48
    Maestro Andres | CouchPotato | Mono2k5 | Sawa | 0shade0

"The aim of figure drawing is never to copy the model but to analyze it." - sfa

Thanks
    Oh god, the spoilers cometh DX. *gun to head*

Thanks
    raiden was designed to be more appealing to the female audiance because hideo got depressed by what girls said about snake lol. and mgs4 rocks
    "the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold.And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him. And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden." GENESIS 4:19

Thanks
    I got the game. The line-up was actually not as long as I had expected (with photos of line-ups on Kotaku.com being street long). A lot of people were buying PS3s on that day just for MGS4. I mean a lot.

Fortunately, the local electronics store is right across my school, and its opening time is right on my lunch period (no midnight opening helps too).

As for the game itself, I think the cutscenes are too long and too frequent. Thus far, I think I've played 60% of the time with 40% cutscenes. The story is compelling which alleviates the problem of the long cutscenes; they simply drew me in every single time. When I did play, though, it was very fun as it improves upon the game's prequels nicely. It is also much more challenging in my opinion.

That said, it's not a game for those who has not played MGS before. The cutscenes, in my view, will turn off anybody who is not truly "into" the world of Metal Gear because it would seem like a movie at times. I recommend this game not to everyone who has a PS3, but to those who are avid fans because of that reason. Metal Gear Online, however, might be a totally different story but I'll leave that until I actually play it.

As for what will happen, I wouldn't want to say anything after playing it to avoid spoiling others' fun.