Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

-♥Lionese's Sketchbook♥-

Hey lovelys, newbie here!
    Coming from DA has you can see in the picture and i have to say wen i saw ConceptArt i was like "Oh Ma Gawd, how can i transfer my soul to here ?".
    I am so tired of souless critics that just hover in the atmosphere haunting you like the creppy guy in ur closet that refuses to vanish from there !
    Anyway i hope to get to know you all a lil bit and most of all make losts of progress !
    So here is my first work, nothing much, see loads of mistakes all around, my lil char Thomas that i draw too much ...
    Either way shower crits at me if you wish, I'll be sure to put up some more sketches and lil works soon!
    But for now sleepy time !
    Good night all!
    Oh and do warn me if im doing anything wrong with the thumbnail dilema!
    Gosh Confusions, confusions!
    And don't mind the "@" in the DA link it was a mistake and i was using my bro's PC at the time when mine was getting fixed ahah XD im wayy
    distracted thats what kills me sometimes ):!

-♥Lionese's Sketchbook♥-
    Last edited by Lionese; March 25th, 2009 at 12:47 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

nice one

Hey! Welcome to Concept Art!
    Its a nice first post. I wonder if you are going to put that in color! Would look great! Sketch on!

Thanks
    Thanks, ah i still have losts to work with!
    Im afraid i cant cuz the image was on my bros pc i was working there while my Laptop was getting fixed afraid i lost the file !
    But it would look sweet tho !
    But i have my PC now and look forward to start coloring cant wait !
    Looking for some tutorials or guides to help me with that i dont color much or nothing at all thats my problem >_>!

Thanks
    hey, welcome to CA. : D Nice first post, haha, lots going on there. Can't wait to see more. :]

Thanks

Thomas Body Ref

Woo go for art slacking like i do D: no serisouly i must be the worst person int he world not giving you some updated works...grrr

Any way my life hasnt been the best and yeah i draw like crap(and honetsly dont have any inspiration or patient) so you can guess why i ahvent updated you...or been on here at the very least, but its all changed now and i can update you with something i did recently...and ya some of the stuff i liked and could actually see improvement!

So ya i wanted a general body ref of my char Thomas, so here he is, i started shading but meh got bored XDplz forgive me...and ya wen i was scanning i was like OMG i forgot his nipples D:< anyway...he has nipples btw...hope you enjoy and get to see at what anatomical level i am, male wise in this case !

Bye guyz love you all and oh gimme crits of course.
    Will update more work soon for you!

Love
    Lion

Thanks

New Works

Here are more litle works ive been doing, the more complete ones at least !
    Enjoy and of course give me your critics .

Thanks
    nice scribbles keep going

Thanks
    Not too shabby, but it'd all look a lot nicer without the watermark.

Thanks
    Thank you all for the sweet comments :3, hope to post more soon enough.

Always so worried of what will be nice to post here or not, so from now on ill post whatever i have done in the day crappy or not promiss !

Walnut-i know i know i'm just so lazy to take it out most of the times to post it on CA >_>, but i'm hoping to be much more active around here and don't worry the next sketches will be wattermark free !

Love Love Love!
    Lion

Thanks
    hey interesting drawing style, really neat to look at. Btw dont write in that light pink, tis hard to read it like that.
    My observational skills may be great but I said nothing about my drawing skills

Art Station
    Working Years
    My Blog/Tumblr
    College Years
    Highschool Years

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please comment on my deviant art I need friends T-T
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks
    sooo many sketchbooks to seee, so little time. I love your linework, very very nice. these would look great colored, do you ever color them?

Thanks
    Hey Don't worry about posting 'crappy stuff', this is a SB, not a gallery Just posting images that are good will leave everyone stumped as to where you're actually at and we can't tell you what you need to work on. Hope you post some more soon -Sam

Thanks
    Some Lineworks and colored stuff D:

The 1st two are like 2 or 3 weeks old and they where pretty much just experiments.

Im trying to get used to the digital realm, so for the 1st ones i decided to mess around with textures, pretty simple backgrounds, simple colors and coloring styles just to get a hang of things.

I saw Peer Project an decided to go with it, it will help me to understand better how coloring works, lightning, etc.

I always have drawn in excessive amounts but never colored so my skills in color are quite null and basic, but over this month i have leaned alot from conceptart and its wonderfull community.

I hope that my drawing skills match my coloring skills soon enough and that i can post has much has i would like too D:, i will try post all that i can in the future, now i have internet on my house again so it shouldnt be a problem to post some stuff after work.

---

Now onto my personal critique on the peer project volume one exercises (1 and 2, ill start with volume 2 i just had the chance to read it yesterday).

Exercise #1: I think i did okay with the values, but the colored one is just a tiny bit darker, but i think it's quite nice in acount that i didnt even use the colorpicker.
    I measured by eye the grayscale values and aplyed them to the sphere keeping in mind the intensity and hue.
    I was working fully in Painter 9 if anyone has any curiosity about it.

Exercise #2: I made 2 brief studies before actually coloring it, a reflected lights one and a shadows one.
    In the 1st one of the reflected lights i wanted to know and measure the strength of the intensity of the lights and how they would affect the objects near them, i had the pictue in my mind and tryed to translate it to the canvas brifely.

The shadow work is a bit off, the light source was bothering me and i ended up changing it do a more simple one in a bit of a diagonal direction, i ddint know if the cast shadows would be vertical os diagonal, so i chaged it.

The the final, i applyed what i had in mind to the canvas and voila, but the intense pink should be less saturated to give more emphasys to the bright colors of the blocks, oh well this is how i learn right?

Hope you enjoy, and give critiques if you can

Just for the ones that are wondering the 1st 2 work's linearts where done traditionally, i hate inking digitally my graphire isnt very sweet on me... ill be workin and saving for a cintiq then ill be happy D: and ill buy it in like 4 months or so.

Take care sweeties.

Thanks
    Here are a bunch off doodles, i dont like calling these sketches because they are way too messy and unprecise.

I mainly draw like this to astablish the concepts of the charecters i am about to draw, so then i can be more accurate in anatomy and design on the next stage.

The 1st ones are simple doodles to get the creative flow going.
    The others are for the 2 week Teen Chalenge Scarcity(hope i didnt make a typo), just planing out how i want my animals and altered Mother Nature to look.

Tomorrow i will make a thumbnail of the piece, then a sketch and finally on to lineart .

Much Love.
    Lion.

Thanks
    The 1st one is the lineart i am about to color in the next few days for the Teen Chalenge. I'll defenetly use wattercolor to preserve some of the lines.

The 2nd is a study i guess, i got frusterated and didnt even finished the hair or neck.
    It's dificult for me to give the figure more form and apeal... i still have alot to learn when it comes to coloring, i think that ill start with the darkest shading the next one and see if i get something more interesting.

I also find it very dificult to color over the lines D: i think its because im used to do them so often im not taking the transition well... ah well ill post some more tomorrow.

The other one was my 1st speed painting :o

If you can help with these issues it would be great.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast