Sketchbook: Black Spot's Sketches - Page 67
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 2136

Thread: Black Spot's Sketches

Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,425 Posts
    Follows
    Following

I admire how Sherlock Holmes influenced you in your oncoming art, and made your day
    and sunshine to glimmer much better. That underwater mermaid under the moonlight is
    looking powerful, I have to admit that you’ve managed to fulfill every requirement that
    was expected. I would be the one who would give you the rose from the whole organized
    company that keep admiring your art. It’s a bit dark, yes you asked, but Holmes was
    also more likely to solve his mysteries in the dark alleys, looking directly in the face of the
    underworld masters of organized crime. That last painting has that scary inevitable
    feeling, the included fascination, the hidden industrial non commercialized ways within the
    bronze flowers on the mythical stone field. Me personally got the feeling when you are
    alone in a private place, and you think that no one is watching you, and then you get
    yourself comfortable, loose your clothes and then realize that there is someone in the
    corner watching you all the time. That lightning burning moment when you realize that
    another person is in the room and watching you, that is what I felt first when I saw your
    painting. You were always able to pull of this kind of masterful moves with your art Mrs. Spot.
    I can truly respect this, and I want to express my joy and satisfaction toward your thoughtful
    well smartly created pieces. Cheers to a true warrior of time like you are Mrs. Spot.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Ho LP good to see you still about.

Okay more stuff from the workshop. The poor model - I did fo abuse her image and she was so pretty.

My original sketch
    Name:  wormo.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  54.7 KB

Vector version
    Name:  wormas.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  15.4 KB

Stuck in one of my backgrounds
    Name:  wormds.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  27.0 KB

Tonight I've been drawing horses from youtube - still need to do more work
    Name:  h1.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  84.7 KB
    Name:  h2.jpg
Views: 848
Size:  64.8 KB
    Name:  h3.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  63.2 KB
    Name:  h4.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  71.5 KB
    Name:  h5.jpg
Views: 836
Size:  67.0 KB

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Horsies!! My arch-nemesis!!

You're making them necks a bit too long. Try blocking them from photo, get the proportions fixed in your head, and then the flow of movement.

Then play with the range of races available, from the Breton to the Icelandic, and see what comes out

Was great to meet you in person btw

気計 - Quike
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.."

The Spaniard's Sketchbook... No holds barred

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks, and it was lovely meeting you too. Yeah, they do seem to be turning into the loch ness monster on some of them. I'll keep the neck think in mind.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quick doodle from head. It's been ages since I did a head from imagination. Got bored with the hair.

Name:  face130613cs.png
Views: 780
Size:  212.5 KB

Asatira is offline an amateur trying to figure things out Level 9 Gladiator: Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pretty nicely done portrait, especially from imagination. I can see why you'd get bored with the hair, since there is so much detail in there already.

The horses look pretty good. Do you recall what kind you were drawing? I know that different breeds (?) have different proportions, and I have to kick myself to remember that.

"It's all about the triumph of intellect and romance, over brute force and cynicism." Craig Ferguson on Dr. Who
    sketchbook :: my dA gallery :: my art blog :: old sketchbook

Asatira is offline an amateur trying to figure things out Level 9 Gladiator: Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pretty nicely done portrait, especially from imagination. I can see why you'd get bored with the hair, since there is so much detail in there already.

The horses look pretty good. Do you recall what kind you were drawing? I know that different breeds (?) have different proportions, and I have to kick myself to remember that.

"It's all about the triumph of intellect and romance, over brute force and cynicism." Craig Ferguson on Dr. Who
    sketchbook :: my dA gallery :: my art blog :: old sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not really, I was just drawing random ones from youtube trying to get a generic shape and gesture. More horses
    Name:  h6.png
Views: 797
Size:  445.1 KB
    Name:  h7.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  52.2 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good sketch's , do more of them , proportions are a bit off , pay attention to shapes more , no need to force yourself to shading , its better to keep it simple with good line quality , then later on continue on with shading , you have grounded your drawings nicely .

On And On , I Am Cursed To Live Cursed With Life Until I Have Done What Done What Must Be Done . . . I Am The Man Who Would Not Die .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Still scribbling my horses, but took a break today. Still Life - still a WIP

Name:  IMG_1093s.jpg
Views: 755
Size:  71.7 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did some more on it. Whether I do any more to it or start another one depends on how I feel tomorrow.

Name:  IMG_1095bs.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  46.4 KB

Thanks
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I really like the still life! The resemblance of the material and yet the nice variation
    is dynamic in a nice way. Hope you will work some more on this, but it already looks quite
    retouched. Overall great job!

Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

"Good artists are the crappy artists who never gave up!!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, love that last still life. Is it pastel? Watch out for the elipses though. Some of the openings don't match the rest of the tin.

Your horses are cool, a great start. If it helps, I try to break them down into specific shapes - head, neck, shoulders, ribcage and hindquarters. Then the legs. There's also general proportions for length of leg compared to body etc, but I cant remember what they are. Anyway, you can use the measurements of whatever horse you're drawing and use those.

Good luck with them and I hope you do more. They're lovely animals to draw.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the expression you captured on the nude male studies. The flailing bone arm study made me laugh.

Make a sketchbook happy, feed it a tip to improve!

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85628

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So I rubbed it out and redrew it.

Name:  IMG_1104as.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  53.2 KB

Name:  IMG_1105as.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  78.7 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good stuff!
    The forms in the under-drawing don't look correctly defined: the ellipses could be cleaner and in better perspective. The middle right one has sharp points sticking out of it and should be smoother. All of them could be constructed better, perhaps by using a rectangle and cutting away at it to form the ellipse -- that way you know everything is in correct perspective.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks. I'll probably do that on the next version. I'm planning a series of them.

Finished a quick study I started ages ago.Oil on canvas board.

Name:  IMG_1106as.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  85.4 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice, I like the hair.

My site:
    http://thecentersphere.yolasite.com/

DA:
    http://halfshavenbananas.deviantart.com/

New World Creation: Designers Wanted – Environment of the Week

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And to top off today a scary SP I did during the Wimbledon change overs. Well done Murray. Trouble is now that I've met so many CA members, I can't flatter myself any more - it sucks.

Name:  070713sps.png
Views: 543
Size:  122.0 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh and don't flip it - I already know.

Back to that study. Thought I'd do more work on it. Still tons more to do.

Name:  IMG_1108bs.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  78.5 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, I'm here for the nipples I really like how the study is coming along

気計 - Quike
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.."

The Spaniard's Sketchbook... No holds barred

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks. More colour added. Going slowly.

Name:  IMG_1109bs.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  77.3 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Think I'll leave it for now. I might come back to it in a couple of months.

Name:  IMG_1110as.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  94.6 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like it, good work, maybe I would add more colors to background, hmm

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Think I need to correct the leg width first.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Colour and rendering:

I don't know how it's reading in real life (every photo seems to be a drastically different white balance! use grey card?), but in the latest version on screen: Some of the highlights/hue shifts are either too strong or not blended enough, 'cause it kinda looks like she has chalk dust on her leg and under her arm. Similar but subtler effect with the green bits.

Not sure what kind of style you're ultimately going for, so my comments might be biased (towards Bouguereau style). But having the combination of big jumps of hue and often value, and not blending them a whole bunch, can make skin look blotchy.

I would either exaggerate the hues but blend the shit out of it to make the transitions really gradual and subtle, or exaggerate the painterly brush marks but make the hues and values as accurate as possible. I realise impressionists often do both, but it seems hard to do without making skin look dirty (and even famous impressionists don't always do this nicely).

I actually thought you used acrylics at first because it doesn't have that uber-blended style of oils. A lot of your paintings show amplified local contrast for some things like hue and value.

Misc.:

Is there a reason some bits have outlines (like around the feet, bit around the shoulder, waist) but the rest doesn't?

Still studying anatomy so I could be wrong about these, but: back of the head maybe a little small? and/or torso maybe a little long?

Sketchbook | Composition tutorial
    @LulieArt - Twitter, where I post useful links, tips, and neat art-related things I stumble across.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking through the last few pages, a lot of your studies have very muted values, I'd like to see some more punch in the highlights. Now obviously some of this could be due to the photo you took of your painting.

I can see what Lulie means about the chalky skin as well, buggered if I know how to fix that though

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    I can see what Lulie means about the chalky skin as well, buggered if I know how to fix that though
    Just hue shifting to more orange/less blue should work fine. Or, like I said, do a more subtle gradient. Bouguereau did lots of blues and greens too but it was so subtle and such a gradual gradient that it worked. (I guess there it's also very mild with the value shifts, so that's another way he pulled it off.)

Sketchbook | Composition tutorial
    @LulieArt - Twitter, where I post useful links, tips, and neat art-related things I stumble across.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,425 Posts
    Follows
    Following

When you said that you are going to pump the jam up, me and my thoughts floated
    toward a lopsided joke and clown behavior, but obviously it turned out totally
    that you were dead serious. You were not clowning at all, you stepped up, you’ve
    pushed the pedal to the metal. Mercifully saving the merciless crowd of tormented
    torture, you can walk the walk, and escape the talk. Just look at the shiny little
    horse drawings and traditional paintings, just look at them. They are not ordinary
    wall paints, they are justified right caused evolutional masterpieces, made by your
    true master mind and skillful hands. Your intentions were good, and your mind was
    clear, obviously you made this day a clear carved sun shined haze. Strong and powerful
    are weak words to describe your path of success. I still admire, feel rejuvenated after
    my visit, my hidden aura is like a watering can after being put into it’s shiny stand.
    Keep up the good moral, and share your golden dust with us Mrs. Spot.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    like the horse sketches need to start doing some myself

Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 322