Sketchbook: I want to breathe art! - Page 4
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: I want to breathe art!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Asatira: Thanks, I don't remember how long the figure drawings were, I wasn't paying attention.

Here's my hands acrylic painting, I think it turned out nicely.

Last edited by FearSelf; November 29th, 2008 at 05:54 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Asatira is offline an amateur trying to figure things out Level 9 Gladiator: Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I can see the improvement from the previous posting.

"It's all about the triumph of intellect and romance, over brute force and cynicism." Craig Ferguson on Dr. Who
    sketchbook :: my dA gallery :: my art blog :: old sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah - that's a real step ahead! great! the left forearm gets a bit wide perhaps and an indication of the thumb's nail are my only anatomical nitpick this time. i should shut up since my colours suck big time but still i get the impression that the arms are a bit too red, nearly sunburned...
    keep it up! i would love to see you continueing the hand series!

Envisor is offline 21 year old artist workin' to improve! Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really nice indeed Fear! The anatomy and structure of those hands are much better than earlier pieces. I do agree with kat though, the skin does seem a bit too burned.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"- Albert Einstein

Eric wants to LEARN! Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Asatira-Thanks
    Katinki- Thanks, I guess I should add the fingernail of the thumbs, I don't want to mess with the forearms anymore, too afraid right now I'll screw it up, maybe later when I'm better at forearms. The color scheme I chose was orange and blue, so yes, the hand are orangeish, none of the hands series are actual hand colors, they all have some sort of color scheme either complementary or monochromatic, I guess I could make the orange more subtle. The next and last painting of the seires of hands will be monochromatic.
    Envi- thanks, I explained my color thingy above, too lazy to rephrase.

K, well here are some doodles I did during class XD And the sketch of the deer skull that will eventually become a painting in or relating to Matisse's style, somehow. (I had issues with the lighting again, so sorry it's so dark, I tried to make the lines visible.)

The first doodle is a Bookle.

Attached Images Attached Images            

Asatira is offline an amateur trying to figure things out Level 9 Gladiator: Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    From what I can tell, the skull looks pretty good. In the future, work on adding shading and values. That can do a lot to help give the skull form.

"It's all about the triumph of intellect and romance, over brute force and cynicism." Craig Ferguson on Dr. Who

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's going to become a painting, so there's no point to add value before I paint it. ;P Don't worry there will be value.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i'm curious how the skull painting will turn out! interesting new project! the placement of the scull looks a bit awkward to me - why did you cut just the tip of the antler? looks like you ran out of space unintentionally.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool, dude sittin' with the skullz is the shit...keep it up its good stuff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Katinki-Yes I did run out of space unintentially. Although if it were the left piece of 3 sets of artworks that should be set up together it would, I think work. But yea, that was an accident XD and I planned so hard.
    Niku-Thax dude.

Here's a sketch I tried to paint on the computer again, I got impatient and gave up at this point, so the clouds are incomplete and so is everything else. The second is a very nice emotion release sketch. I'll prolly hate it later. Or add something to it. Who knows?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    huh - something seems to really have set you up! you show the emotion nicely! the hatching is a bit messy but i guess that's normal when you're angry.
    the digi landscape looks like a real departure for you! great to see you trying somthing new! right now i think it is way to saturated, try to mess with the saturation and to evoke some depth!
    keep em comming!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Katinki- I wasn't angry, it's just feeling. If that makes sense? And I've always wanted to draw a person screaming. Because it looks like fun. Thanks, I'll be sure to mess with saturation and what not.

I did add on to the screaming thing. I think it turned out nicely, I wasn't sure if I wanted to add words or not. I think it looks good as it is right now. I also did some studies of my mom, an older friend, yarn balls, my brother's legs, and er stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the hatching is a bit sloppy but the subjuct matter dose seem really fun something i have not tryed yet

~You should never doubt what nobody is sure about~

Demo's Digital Damsels

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice sketch! the emotion on the two screaming pics really shown up. Maybe a word or two might add a little drama to that >D

and nice drawing of your mom (ooh, a good 'your mom' joke?) and the perspective is very good for your studies.

Good luck! I would love to see more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice sketches indeed! the ones of your mom are especially nice. the second one's perspective is interesting, did you stand on the couch? or behind her?
    like demo already said i think that your ink pieces suffer from sloppy hatching. check out ccsears ink hatching mentoring thread!

keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like the studies from life, especially your mom. I also kinda wonder about where you were for the second. I would also look into how to improve the hatching overall, like ccsears's thread, as katinki suggested. You'd be amazed how much you can do with it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Demo: Yea sloppy, thanks.
    Trefle: Thanks, yes I guess it would be a good your mom joke, thanks.
    Katinki: I sat on the couch and was just above her, that one wasn't my mom it was a friend of my mom. Thanks for the link! It looks really interesting and I should do some of their studies!
    Asatira: thanks, yea I do need to work on hatching.

Sorry I was gone for so long, I've been busy, busy. Right now I'm in Germany, haha. So here's some sketches I did, the first few were in the airport, and on the airplane (the ones that look not complete because I kept feeling sick), and the last one was done after dinner, just some quick splashes on paper because I haven't done watercolor in so long. The very last pic, is my hand becoming a cast thing, it was fun, and I lost some arm hair ><

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice mixed batch! are you on holiday in germany? however, the dog has to be my favourite! so much energy! the first page of life drawings is nice. the one with the man turning his head has some problems, but getting likeness in different poses looks like a great exercise!

keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    id agree that the dog is one of the best ones their it shows so much energy
    id just say try getting some big watercolour paper idk how well a sketch book will archive a water colour piece and we wana keep these for a long time. another thing to try is using crayola markers to start the piece out and then brush water over the markerd areas it will seperate the pigments in the markers and make emm runn in a cool fashion, our art teacher has been shoving us i think theirs a piece in one of the last updates in my book if u want to see an example

~You should never doubt what nobody is sure about~

Demo's Digital Damsels

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good to see you taking advantage of free time to do some quick sketches of those around you. Kinda curious, what is the cast for and will we see the results of it?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry guys, it's been really busy.
    Katinki: Thank you. And no I wasn't on holiday, we went back to Germany to get a physical for the greencard so we can live in America. That process was horrible. But in a way it was holiday because I got to spend a bit of time with family.
    Demo: Yea the marker thing is neat, my art teacher showed it to us last school year. XD the figure drawing with the girl sitting on the table was done in markers.
    Asatira: You will probably get to see the finished product of the cast if I finish it. I think it'll look neat, or atleast I hope.

Here's some stuff I'm currently working on, I swear I've done more but I haven't had a chance to take a picture of any of them so um you're just stuck with some Henna tattoo designs I did on my mom, her friend, and my arm(you can tell it's mine because it's so white)
    I just realized in the house I have some issues with straight parrallel lines. -.-

Last edited by FearSelf; November 29th, 2008 at 05:52 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    welcome back. i'm confused -why did you go to germany to get that physical? i thought you were attending an american highschool already? however, not much to crit. the henna tattoos look nice (it's years since i did some myself - that brings memories back!) but the design looks pretty traditional, perhaps some more daring and bigger designs next time?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Katinki: My family and I went to Germany because that's what was recquired for us to get the greencard/perminent residence through the lottery. I do go to an american high school under a student German visa, but once I'm 21 I get kicked out of the states. They have immigrants jump through a hell of a lot of hoops to get a greencard. It took us 11 years of applying to the lottery to randomly get picked! I can still speak German, but don't ask me to type in it, I have a 5 year olds education in that area. Oh and, if I get the chance to make huge tattoos on someone I totally will!

Sorry again for not posting so often...Well here's that skull finished. Does it look ok? I'm not sure whether I like it or not. Do you think it would be ok to put in a portfolio to send for scholarships or no?
    Edit: Sorry uploaded it a bit too big first time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Edit: I don't quite feel secure posting my finished stuff here, I think I'll just stick to sketches from now on since, well this is my sketchbook.

Last edited by FearSelf; November 29th, 2008 at 05:53 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for dropping by my sb keep up the drawing here. i would try to concentrate on form and lighting for a while to really get those drawings pop out. as for the linedrawings you should take more advantage of overlapping lines to create depth.
    egil

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.