Art: Sniper Archer

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Sniper Archer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sniper Archer

heres an sniper archer, well the idea is to do a archer that can calculate with the discance of a longe target, with things like bow inclination wind etc.. tecnically .. at long distance is almost impossible to get a precize shot i think.. but lets think the variables are diferent.
    Sniper Archer
    Sniper Archer

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice style:afro2:

there seems to be a little bit of anatomy problems in the arms, but the overall concept is cool.

what software/modeling method/renderer do you use?

-Nate

Burn Things. Guest
    wow - great details! it will look awesome w/ textures an all.

A sniper archer is a unique idea, but not sure how that scope would work w/ the bow as it would with a gun,(mb its just a telescope for sight?) anyway its a cool idea and anything is possible- i love the subtle merger of modern technology into fantasy/midieval.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,198 Times in 254 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not sure what Burn Things. is taking about when he thinks the scope wouldn't work, but i think that usuing big mirrors is an awesome idea! They seem big enough to see clearly while holding the bow away. Sometimes images get flipped though at that distance, maybe he just learned to coop with that, which would make him all the more skilled

I'm having trouble with the anatomy of the hand to the right of the image, it looks odd with the prespective, it seems like the knuckle area of the hand would be lengthened because of the perspective.. maybe its just me. Great work though. I think you should add more to the arrow hostler(sp?) if you have more time. Would be a shame to have everything beautifuly fashied besides that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that is a helluva model my friend. awsome costume deisgn too, must be a very fashion-conscious sniper/archer. and i think that the thing he keeps his arrows in was called a "quiver"...why do i know that?
    and btw, how are those vines modelled? i see facets so it can't be nurbs...but i can't imagine its box modelled either...mesh sculpted?

Degas Guest
    beautiful model. big fan of your rendition of the cloth. i made the same observation as davi about the hands. that is, i thought the character's left hand appeared out of porportion on the small side. but beautiful stitching and clothing work. the face seems a bit generic when put up against the idea of the character and the great control of modeling in the entire character (including the face) jsut cause i think it's plain, doesnt mean its not really good for what it is. again, good modeling and nice render.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the comments guys, i have not got much time to play with him. im working in ma first animation..
    I tried to fix the hand but im not sure i get it right, im not that good at anatomy.

"what software/modeling method/renderer do you use?"

it is all polygon modeling, i use nurbs bt just for balls or something premade. software: maya as the render is default maya software render.
    theres another render, i added shaders but i dont dare to texture(i tried before and it was way crappy i socks at texturing).
    Sniper Archer

greets

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    woo the size.. now i see.. is too smal.. err.. dumb me..
    *does a big red X the the left hand*

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.