Art: Speed Animation!!!!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Speed Animation!!!!

http://coldcity.deviantart.com/art/S...lease-86047957

I think my animations are stronger than my paintings, i want to improve my paintings by 777 more.

I am new to this forum!!!! And would love to improve my paintings!!!!!!!

Any mentors available etc.etc.? I wanna paint like a pro....

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ha - 4 days huh? I have to say the idea is kind of funny how they travel to the random spots and the director talks to them- you could really milk that idea. The storyline and dialogue could use some work but what can you ask for in 4 days. Another thing that kept running through my head was the fact that the animatic pitch for the movie "shoot em up" was about at this quality or less- just food for thought. keep it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by DECYPL View Post
    Ha - 4 days huh? I have to say the idea is kind of funny how they travel to the random spots and the director talks to them- you could really milk that idea. The storyline and dialogue could use some work but what can you ask for in 4 days. Another thing that kept running through my head was the fact that the animatic pitch for the movie "shoot em up" was about at this quality or less- just food for thought. keep it up.
    YES, i am definately milking this idea. i will blow it up.
    I havent' seen shoot em up yet. but that is some delicious food for thought!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You fit an ASTONISHING amount of stuff into four days! i couldn't believe how many scenes you had. This was all made in Flash, then?

How about a movie of similar length, but instead of four days you take forty days and do all the full-motion animation you want? It was sort of anime to the Nth degree, very very static, which is more than explained by the ground you covered in four days. If you can do that, you can flesh out a lot of the scenes too.

FourTonMantis is offline Without vision we will die Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really want to see what you can do in an extended amount of time. That was pretty cool.

Maloc sure had a lot of ammo.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by FourTonMantis View Post
    I really want to see what you can do in an extended amount of time. That was pretty cool.

Maloc sure had a lot of ammo.
    Maloc. ahhahaha.

I wanna improve my art, that's what made me want to join this site!

Last edited by SpikeVallentine; May 23rd, 2008 at 07:05 PM.

HunterKiller_ is offline Registered User Level 15 Gladiator: Spartacus' Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 654 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man.
    I quite enjoyed that animation, not to mention it's an excellent amount of work for 4 days.

I'm curious to where you got the SFX and music?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very entertaining, even at 4am with the sound off. Good job

SketchBook Chris Yoakum?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterKiller_ View Post
    Hey man.
    I quite enjoyed that animation, not to mention it's an excellent amount of work for 4 days.

I'm curious to where you got the SFX and music?
    The animator did all the music, it mentioned that in the credits in the end, and about 50% of the sounds were made by the animator.

the rest were www.findsounds.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, nice short I agree with jinxtigr, you were able to get quite a large number of scenes in 4 days of work. The story telling worked well and you have a great handle on using holds and cycles effectively. My favorite shots were the ones were the camera was pulled further back and you got to see the characters move around the environment; they were pretty nicely animated and I definitely would like to see more of that. If I could offer any criticism it would be to try to vary shot type. Most of the piece seems to be medium shots (waist up) and close ups, and, while this works well for the dialogue that you've got in the piece, the long shots of them moving in the environment definitely added a nice element.

Keep workin away at it, you're doing a great

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Onir View Post
    Hey, nice short I agree with jinxtigr, you were able to get quite a large number of scenes in 4 days of work. The story telling worked well and you have a great handle on using holds and cycles effectively. My favorite shots were the ones were the camera was pulled further back and you got to see the characters move around the environment; they were pretty nicely animated and I definitely would like to see more of that. If I could offer any criticism it would be to try to vary shot type. Most of the piece seems to be medium shots (waist up) and close ups, and, while this works well for the dialogue that you've got in the piece, the long shots of them moving in the environment definitely added a nice element.

Keep workin away at it, you're doing a great
    ohhh yeahh. Lovely criticsm! yeah! More wider shots, have the audience breath more! okay, yeahhh lovely! but ahha, medium shots are easy to pull off. so on a serious serious project, yes , more varied shots!

thanks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're serious? Well good for you, here's stuff I intentionally skipped over.

All the sound is rock-bottom sub-pencil-test level. The visuals are already significantly better than the sound, FX and voice acting. If you take this ANY farther, the sound will stick out like a gangrenous thumb...

I'm attaching a picture of a thing you can make to help. You need a better microphone (anything for podcasting should be fine, plenty of USB mics out there too) and to control your acoustic environment. What you're looking at is a work in progress- a nook in a bookshelf lined with acoustic foam (Auralex) with the mic in it. There are also things you can do to treat the room, but the immediate environment around the mic kinda goes first.

Even a little attention to this will take you far with regard to making your own animated movies. It doesn't take that much.

Voice acting was pretty weak- think about how the dialogue timing feels, if possible stretch the animation to fit the words, rather than forcing the words to fit the animation. Get into the character, find the emotion and dive into it rather than trying to put on voices and not really paying attention to your delivery.

How's that for an unexpected crit direction?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    story is entertaining, sound was great too, love the character expressions!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Was this just made up as you went along?

Pretty cool. The story kind of reminds me of Gantz. I'll try and give something like this a shot. Need the practice.

Last edited by Costau D; May 26th, 2008 at 09:56 PM.
    ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER
    "Amateurs look for inspiration; the rest of us just get up and go to work. " -Chuck Close

DRUNKEN WASTREL SKETCH GROUP:
    [ Costau D ][ Cuervo ][ Braintree ][ Fumble ][ Ookchk ][ RoboMonkey ]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmoChimp View Post
    Was this just made up as you went along?

Pretty cool. The story kind of reminds me of Gantz. I'll try and give something like this a shot. Need the practice.
    yeah, made up as i was going, but i always have a main idea/ outline in my head or jotted down as notes.

AMAZING AMAZING PRACTICE. i truly recomdn this

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rock-button sbu =pencil-test level? doe sthat mean the sound was horrible?

Yes, for serious projects i will have ass kicking sound FX. thank you for reminding me. the mic i have is a cardioid condenser mic AT2020, using a tube amp. it is amaaaazing quality. havent fully used it yet.

cool mic set up you got.

There was no voice acting in this btw. I used text to speach.

ahah, thanks for the advice though, i'm always always open to hearing advice and suggestions.

"think about how the dialogue timing feels"
    always

"rather than forcing the words to fit the animation. "
    horrible idea. its more that i force everythign to fit the music, only cuase none of it is original score.

i dont think you can truly truly truly crit on the voice acting in this, hahah.

"How's that for an unexpected crit direction? "
    Wasn't a surprise.
    Open for harder crit.

Quote Originally Posted by jinxtigr View Post
    You're serious? Well good for you, here's stuff I intentionally skipped over.

All the sound is rock-bottom sub-pencil-test level. The visuals are already significantly better than the sound, FX and voice acting. If you take this ANY farther, the sound will stick out like a gangrenous thumb...

I'm attaching a picture of a thing you can make to help. You need a better microphone (anything for podcasting should be fine, plenty of USB mics out there too) and to control your acoustic environment. What you're looking at is a work in progress- a nook in a bookshelf lined with acoustic foam (Auralex) with the mic in it. There are also things you can do to treat the room, but the immediate environment around the mic kinda goes first.

Even a little attention to this will take you far with regard to making your own animated movies. It doesn't take that much.

Voice acting was pretty weak- think about how the dialogue timing feels, if possible stretch the animation to fit the words, rather than forcing the words to fit the animation. Get into the character, find the emotion and dive into it rather than trying to put on voices and not really paying attention to your delivery.

How's that for an unexpected crit direction?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    pld:

You're kidding. As text to speech, it's pretty rocking!

Why text to speech if you have a microphone? Yikes, I embarassed myself beautifully, talking about text to speech as if it was you reading in a very unnatural stilted manner

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxtigr View Post
    pld:

You're kidding. As text to speech, it's pretty rocking!

Why text to speech if you have a microphone? Yikes, I embarassed myself beautifully, talking about text to speech as if it was you reading in a very unnatural stilted manner
    ahahha. text to speech becuase it can be done in seconds.
    text to speech because this isnt serious and i dont want to summon any actors
    and text to speech because it sounds freaky.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.