Drafting Tables

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Drafting Tables

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Drafting Tables

Hey guys, Im looking around to purchase a drafting table and I found myself a little lost with all the options and price games. I also found many of the tables to be lacking essential features that I've come to expect (i was recently working in an area where a drafting table was supplied to me). among them is an area where i can put my ink when I'm inking, and also some storage spaces for all the different supplies. I was looking at this desk option. : http://www.draftingtables.com/drawin...collection.cfm

just the desk mind you, its 229. then I might buy a little side desk for other supplies. But i wanted to get everyone opinion on the matter before i put my wallet on the line. anyone have any good experiences with other desks? or bad ones with this one? Drafting Tables in general seem extremely overpriced. yes its something you use everyday, but still. can anyone offer other suggestions that may be better?
    thanks!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Drafting Tables in general seem extremely overpriced.
    Not at all. It's not just a tool, it's a piece of furniture. Had to furnish your own apartment or home yet? It's very, very expensive. Also, the more real wood, the more expensive (on all furniture).

Personally, I own two old versions of these. I've seen them in every art store and quite a few office supply places. You can see why they're popular as not only do they height and angle adjust, they come with some nifty extras. I also prefer that they're so lightweight...move enough times, or change your studio around enough and you'll know why.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd say get one, they are really nice. I had to sell mine though because I moved and there just wasn't enough room for it. But I only bought it for 5 dollars at a second hand store (the ones will clothes, and all that other junk) like the good will.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Personally, I think animation desks are the best. Storage EVERYWHERE, inclined surface to your liking, backlighting... I was livid when I heard Toronto's various closing studios were just chuking them in the trash.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There are decent inexpensive alternatives like the one Mirana linked. As long as it's solid how fancy does it need to be? Sturdy, adjustable, and with enough space for the biggest work you are likely to make are all that really matters imo. Then again, I haven't used one in years since I switched to mostly digital work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm jealous that the one I linked folds down to 5" for storage! Okay, if you use it all the time like you should, that wouldn't happen, but when you have TWO dammit...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.