Thanks

Wacam Bamboo Fun

Hello i've been lurking around this website for awhile now, gathering insiprion and start doing some artwork again after about five years after my artwork got some how missing after I moved form one city to another.
    Looking through this website really got my creative juices flowing. I've been sketching almost everyday again. I'm running out of paper and penciles!
    So the real reason for this post is I'm looking into buying a Wacam Bamboo Fun tablet so I can get a bite of this digital art. The question is the bamboo fun a great starter tablet since its only 90 dollars for the medium size at Best Buy? I've done my resreach and some other tablets made by Genius and other companies have just about the same specs at lower prices but i want the best bang for my buck. So I'm asking those experienced digital artist if this is the best starter. I know that opions varie from person to person, but the majority usaully out weighs the rest.
    Thank you in advance for any help.

P.S. Wasn't sure if this was the right thread to post this in.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I beleive the Bamboo is the offspring of the graphire (wacOm bw). It's not the tools that makes the skill... That said, I prefer to have a broader workable space to work with. I'd try a small tablet like the bamboo to test the feel first and THEN move on to serious tablets if a) you like working digitaly and b) if you're serious about your art.

Thanks
    I'm starting to get serious about my art again thanks to this site. The size of the bamboo fun medium seem to be perfect for me usaully because I favor the small sketch books anyways. And this digital art seems to be the perfect thing to let my juices flowing the right way. I'll buy it this thursday and i'll post my thoughts about it. If it turns out I really like this digital art i'm gonna be upgrading to the big boys.
    New Found Inspiration Through

Thanks
    Well I got the tablet this Tuesday, and my thoughts about it are pretty good. This my first time using a tablet and doing digital art. The two thing I hate is getting used to this new medium, and the other is since iI have a widescreen monitor the tablet working surface seems a bit odd to me into comparision to my monitor. All in all in it fells strudy(expect fot the hockey puck pen holder) I thinks its a great starter tablet to get the feel for, and the price was good too, so I like it, gonna diffently get a bigger better tablet in the near future.
    New Found Inspiration Through

Thanks
    but the bamboo medium is 19:10 too like a widescreen??

i have one too and i'm also happy, great deal!! i work on an IMAC 20" on ps cs3 and painter, work wells as hell

cheers