Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Dannelf: Thanks! But really? I feel like I've been going backwards for a while now, at least in some regards.

My rendering is horribly messy, ynh.

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Doing.

Thanks
    Some.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 438 Posts
    I see great progress over these pages. The public sniper drawing is very good, and especially the fact that you do so much of it is good. Whenever I try doing that, I just draw one or two persons and then give up because no one keeps still!

I espicially like your self portraits. Do more of those. Try not to start rendering too quickly - you want all the proportions to be correct first. Begin with simple shapes, don't go into detail too soon. Many of your SPs are too long, or too thin. Make sure the basic shapes are correct before you move to details and rendering.

Thanks
    Serpian: Thanks! I followed your advice and tried to get the proportions down this time. I have tried it before, many times actually, but it has always failed.

Somehow I saw things more "clearly" today and I think I got the proportions down quite nicely... Not much likeness still though, the eye-nose-mouth area is so messed up. The main problem is that the eyes are just a bit too small and too far apart. I didn't use much time with this, I'll try to do better next time.

Thanks
    Here's a pile of nonref'd dung but I see a bright future: My life drawing classes start tomorrow! They'll be 18:30 - 21:00 every Tuesday until April 2009.

Thanks
    Edit: Double post.

Thanks
    Congrats on your new classes, they will help you a lot im sure. Heres something to have in mind in the future: the limbs have movement limits, the legs can move backwards not so much, the column can twist to a limits, the arms also have its limits, try to measure this limit before trying to draw any pose, otherwise the pose will look unnatural when you try to put a limb over its normal limits. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Christian223: Thanks again, it's great to have you here always giving insight.

The first two pages are 2 minute poses and the 3rd is 10 minutes. After that the instructor suggested that I'd take a bigger paper. I did, the paper was something like a meter high... It was pretty hard, I've only drawn on A4 before and at the size that I see. The same pose continues next week but I won't be able to post the result here, since it's so big and I don't have a camera.

Thanks
    I've been drawing but haven't updated this thread for a while. Here's some new stuff, all from today. The bad looking drawings are 30 sec poses from Posemaniacs.

Thanks
    Hey Taneli, nice to see you working hard. (Still )

Keep up the good work, and dont forget to try and apply what you've learnt to something from head everynow and then - you will have to go through everything you've learnt and hopefuly it'll stay fresh in your memory

I'll be watching

Thanks
    Lakka: Thanks for stopping by again, it's nice to have you here regularly too! I have included some hands from my head in this update... they are abysmal but I'll be better in the future. Hands are kind of going into detail too soon, so I'll leave them to a closer study later.

Lots of writing, a messy onion and a frustration-induced modification of an sp.

Thanks
    Andrew loomis has a book specialized on how to draw hands, so imagine how complex it is that loomis wrote an entire book dedicated to them, so i recomend you to leave hands for a while until you feel more comfortable with other things.

I also recommend you to follow the second tutorial here: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14119
    it will give you insight on how to draw heads, take a few hours to do this one, dont do it fast, take your time, erase as often as needed, have patience, and remember that your are learning so dont get frustrated when you expect masterfull results and you dont get them, you are a learning students so remember that and have patience and understanding of yourself. Follow the steps as carefully as you can, that way youll learn more.
    I wish you good luck!, keep it up!, keep your motivation allways up and dont demoralize yourself!, thats very important to keep going!.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1