CCA, MCAD, CCAD, CIA? (vs. other art schools?)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: CCA, MCAD, CCAD, CIA? (vs. other art schools?)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Icon CCA, MCAD, CCAD, CIA? (vs. other art schools?)

(hi, i'm a student hoping to tranfer, looking for graphic design major with concentration in illustration interested in conceptart/illustration/childrens book illustration/digital art/, games/movies, and for some strange reason, want to try greeting card illustration at some point)

I've heard a lot of things about the more well known schools: parsons, pratt, mica, risd, saic, etc.

currently, im thinking of maybe applying to the following schools:
    pratt
    mica
    art center
    school of visual arts

im still looking deeper into ringling, calarts, parsons, u. cincinnatti

yep, so thats my list so far, but from what im hearing, the schools i mentioned are supposedly some of the best/competitive art schools in the US, and i feel as if i should think about the scenario in which i dont get into any of them.

so i was wondering if anyone knew anymore general info on CCA, MCAD, CCAD, CIA - im not finding much on this forum in regards to these schools, so i decided to make a topic here. just general info on their difficulty of getting in (from lurking these forums, im getting the feeling that these are generally easier to get into?), difficulty of course work, prestige (in relation to other art schools), education quality, and all that good stuff. any input is appreciated

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    CCAD is fairly easy to get into, but then again it's not really about the "getting into" as it is the "paying for".

It's a small school but the foundation year is pretty highly renowned and we have C.F. Payne as the chair of illustraion.

Since it's in freaking Ohio most of the illustration faculty are more geared toward editorial work, so you're basically going to have rely on yourself for learning concept art type skills. We have had plenty of graduates who have made it into the industry, the key is not necessarily the school you pick, but how motivated of a student you are.

Just apply to as many schools as possible and then see which is most convenient.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.