Problem is Patience
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Problem is Patience

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Problem is Patience

I actually don't have patience...not just for practice sketch, for anything you can imagine!...I can't wait for something, like I have a problem with Time boundaries!!!

How many peoples have problem with patience...how patience you are?!

I think light-speed communication age cause to loss our patience, we want anything soon as possible, we want just CLICK & RUN!!

What is your advice to be more Patience?!

Last edited by nimadez; May 21st, 2008 at 09:04 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    stop watching tv, stop playing games on machines, stop using the internet compulsively (have your pc switched off by default as opposed to on), cook all your food yourself...

philosophy. genuine interest in the subject matter, i think.

Other than that, just have patience.
    Michelangelo said genius is patience... try meditating, daydreaming, try to realize that virtuosity and hard work, if ill advised, will cause more harm than good.
    Don't act before you've thought adequately... Action without thought is dumb but thought without action is nothing that will be remembered.

Last edited by Helioth; May 21st, 2008 at 08:44 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You are getting the spirit. Do not become patient, BE the Patience!

Other than that there is nothing wrong with having a lot of energy. If you do not manage to use it in the right channels, you could to a little time-management. This guy gives some good advice: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...40380335567758

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks dear Helioth,

I stop TV for 3 years, I stop playing games for 5 years, I cook my food by myself because no one do it for me...but I can't turn off my PC, first because my job (god damn money) and second because I addicted to get stone in front of PC!!...without PC I feel lack of something, I feel emptyness...I wake-up in the morning by sound of stupid PC Fan and go to sleep at night by turn it off!!

But you have some good points "Michelangelo said genius is patience", I think understand what is my problem through my life!!...because I have PC habit for all my life...back to age six!
    I think it's better to quit the PC habit...like peoples who quit heroin habit!?!!?

Special Thanks to you

Dear Faust,

Time-management is the great idea, but I never success it through my life.
    I have type of chaotic and confused mind, I can't arrange my mind...

But thats the good idea, I most do it soon or late...I feel Time-management could help a lot...

Last edited by nimadez; May 21st, 2008 at 09:13 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If genius is patience, I'm an idiot. I have zero patience and have struggled with it my whole life. It does get better as you get older. I don't watch TV or play video games either. I've just always been like that. I am trying some self-discipline and I believe that's really what it comes down to. Not easy though. Good luck.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree we've become a society spoiled by the internet. I remember dial up, and how long it would take for a page to load up, sometimes several minutes. Now if a page takes more than 9 or 10 seconds I'm wondering what the hell the problem is!

I used to manage an art store. One day the owner decided he wanted a web page and wanted to get involved with selling online. He thought it would be perfectly reaonable to order the products from his distributors as the online orders came in, get them delivered once a week, and then ship them out regular mail or ups. I tried to tell him it would never work, because no one is patient enough to wait weeks for delivery anymore. We are spoiled by getting things we order online the next day, and even that is too long if we can get it locally the same day. He just didn't realize it's a whole new generation and we need everything NOW.

Michelangelo said genius is patience... try meditating, daydreaming
    Yeah, but being impatient and needing everything NOW frees up time for day dreaming etc!

I admit, I'm impatient at times, about certain things. I want to watch Battlestar Galactica the night it airs and not wait for it online later (and even that has spoiled me- no more waiting for reruns or even dvds!). Other things you need to be zen about and just take it as it comes. Artwork takes time, and while you may wish you were faster, or could just skip to the part where it looks awesome, you need to put in the foundation work. Most self improvement goals (learning a skill, losing weight, getting in shape, etc) take a long term approach if they are going to work. You can recognize you are impatient, and still learn patience where it matters most.

Last edited by J Wilson; May 21st, 2008 at 10:36 PM. Reason: silly spelling mistake *sigh*

7. The Following User Says Thank You to J Wilson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What if this is part of human evolution toward high-tech and space age?!

our brain wiring speed-up, because today humans work with computers, gadgets, digital devices and satellite!!...even no more do simple math by itself and use calculator!!

Hundreds of years ago it takes around year to travelling between two country, Now you can send/receive information all around the globe, simply by CLICK!!...this is like magic from gods for our ancestors!!

I think evolution toward higher-technology cause to dramatically change in human biological system!
    - Humans slowly loss their masculine power and shift toward feminity, because no more need muscles to move tonz of stones and build pyramid!
    - New Generation childs works with computers and gadgets better than their parents, even typing faster, I even see childs who setup windows XP by itself!!!
    - Our digestive system prepare itself for fast-foods and possibly in the near future just take pills when get hunger!?!?...because don't have time to eat and chew for minutes!!...and even slowly loss it's teeth and then stomach!!
    - Today, human eyes receive more light than ever, because computer monitors, TV, Artificial lights and Las Vegas!!!
    - And scientifically, today childs have slowly larger brain than past!...like brain need more capacity to store informations!!

But...I don't call this bad generation, or machines are devil!!...I think machines and computers help us to know itself and world around us, help us to growth faster than ever...help us to understand our brain and genes!...help us to understand how reality we live in, could be virtual reality!!! (what did you say!!??)...I think even help us to create better Concept Arts!!

But in cost of loss love, soul and patience!!...we go toward anger, depression, hate, stress and almost impatience!!...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok what?

Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    patience... fuck that. dont be patient.
    just be FOCUSED.

to focus, i need my headphones. i have these things from sony that go down in the ear canal a bit, they block all outside noise. when im working, and have them in, im like a sniper, totally focused, nothings gonna break my concentration. and i dont even have music playing half the time!
    i say get some good headphones and try it out.
    if headphones dont work, try those ear muffs they use at gun ranges. those fuckers will block out ALL sound.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by complete2 View Post
    patience... fuck that. dont be patient.
    just be FOCUSED.

to focus, i need my headphones. i have these things from sony that go down in the ear canal a bit, they block all outside noise. when im working, and have them in, im like a sniper, totally focused, nothings gonna break my concentration. and i dont even have music playing half the time!
    i say get some good headphones and try it out.
    if headphones dont work, try those ear muffs they use at gun ranges. those fuckers will block out ALL sound.
    Amen! I always have my ear buds in at work. A lot of the time I listen to music, but even if I'm not listening to music I often leave them in because it discourages people from interrupting me for silly stuff. They are like a little "do not disturb" sign.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by nimadez View Post
    and second because I addicted to get stone in front of PC!!
    I don't know if this is what I think it is because of the grammar, but perhaps the weed is messing up your brain causing you to be impatient.

Check out My Sketchbook!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Homeless Foxman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Homeless Foxman View Post
    I don't know if this is what I think it is because of the grammar, but perhaps the weed is messing up your brain causing you to be impatient.
    I don't know about you but I've found weed to have the opposite effect. Now if he was talking about crack I'd be more likely to agree.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter Coene For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 1