Thanks

3D Model Marketplace

Hello all,

I'm new to these forums and I was wondering if this board is the right place to discuss a new online 3D marketplace (sort of like TurboSquid but appreciably better)? I'll be launching a new site in the upcoming months and I'm looking for places to announce it where people would actually be interested to hear about it. This seemed like a pretty good forum for it, but if I'm way off, any pointers in the right direction would certainly be appreciated

I'll be looking to recruit some Beta users and the like, so if you'd be interested, let me know.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    The lounge MIGHT be on ok place to do it, but only if you intend to become a helpful and active member of this community (meaning conceptart.org). Jason very recently posted that he was getting tired of people coming in here just promoting their crap. It borders on spam, and can be annoying.

Come in, be helpful, and get to know people. Don't just promote your site. Once people know you and you've made a good impression a small bit of self promotion would probably be received better.

Thanks
    That sounds pretty reasonable. I was hoping to go to this board to get some feedback and bounce ideas off of the community (such as what you think of the design, how the site works) rather than just screeching out ad-promotion for a new site. Most people just ignore that anyways.

Right now it's still in development, but when we get closer to launch I was thinking to preview it up here and hear what people think. It'd be pretty silly to design a site without trying to make it as useful as possible for the people who are actually going to use it.