Wicked Pissed : Intous 3 Question

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Wicked Pissed : Intous 3 Question

Thanks
    Thanked 2,320 Times in 906 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Wicked Pissed : Intous 3 Question

my tablet just altogether stops working randomly. I've had to restart my computer 3 times today in the middle of a piece. I have the latest driver from wacom and i got vista shit ass edition. Anybody else with similar problem? or better yet, any solution to it?

Last edited by Mr.Delicious; May 19th, 2008 at 01:10 PM.
    'If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems.And that's a big mistake.'
    www.DaveRapoza.com - Step by Steps, Videos, PSD Downloads, and tons of other crap
    SketchBook
    My Twitter Account
    Schoolism Alien Video Tutorial!
    -HAHAHA B.B.F.F. Forever...-
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 408 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    My previous tablet did that, the usb cable was broken right after the connector.

That was a shitty volito tho.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had that problem before long ago, i think it was the drivers, try un-installing them and installing them again. Did you had another tablet before?, maybe the problem is conflicting drivers. Maybe, the problem is photoshop? does it hang up with other software as painter?.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    gosh, I've uninstalled an reinstalled the driver like... 5 times? since i've got my new computer anyways

wish i had something that wasnt vista, I swear nothing works right with it

'If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems.And that's a big mistake.'
    www.DaveRapoza.com - Step by Steps, Videos, PSD Downloads, and tons of other crap
    SketchBook
    My Twitter Account

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dual Boot it up with some Linux?

I hear you can run PS pretty well on a linux machine.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You might be thinking of Gimp[shop].

Proprietary software like photoshop will never work in Linux.

My opinion is to buy XP, format and wipe your hands clean of Vista.

I mean come on, Windows 7 is due out in late '09-'10. If that's not a statement on how awful Vista is I don't know what is.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    seriously, my boss bought me windows xp, I just didnt wanna spend all day transferring my files to the external. , too much work to do today. eh, I guess I'll look into doing it tonight

SketchBook
    My Twitter Account

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm sure Wacom are aware of this issue by now, why not try to find an appropriate driver on their site? thats wt i did to avoid problems when i updated my OS Tiger to an OS Leopard.

if you can't find an updated driver/patch, contact them about the issue maybe? good luck!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Gory View Post
    You might be thinking of Gimp[shop].

Proprietary software like photoshop will never work in Linux.

My opinion is to buy XP, format and wipe your hands clean of Vista.

I mean come on, Windows 7 is due out in late '09-'10. If that's not a statement on how awful Vista is I don't know what is.
    You can run photoshop and other windows apps with the applicatione Wine.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yea the last time they updated their drivers was last september which was around the time it messed up, so i uninstalled that, and put an old one in... that didnt work. so I installed the only driver they had(thats what they told me to do on the phone ). I'll try contacting them again... Although i should just install my XP, transferring my like... 70 gb of psd files

SketchBook
    My Twitter Account

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We, Senor Delicious, take a siesta and start transferring. It'll be worth it in the end, eh?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did you try un-installing and re-installing photoshop?.

Try looking for solutions at adobe site also or other places of internets, i got this problems before and i fixed it without much trouble, i dont remember exactly how though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Delicious View Post
    Although i should just install my XP, transferring my like... 70 gb of psd files
    I think that's the strongest reason for buying external hard drives. I never save any work on my local hard drive. I save my local hard drive for things like video games and applications.

Although, a good way to look at this is it's a good opportunity to organize your PSDs. Convert a bunch into high res JPEGs, ditch others, and stuff like that.

It sucks though, I know.

Another way to look at it is you're freeing up probably around 750 megs of RAM by 'downgrading' to XP. I dunno how much RAM your install of vista takes up, but mine consumes a whole gig with nothing running.

FactorZero- Neat! I didn't know that. Is Wine a windows emulator for Linux or something?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamikazebob View Post
    I hear you can run PS pretty well on a linux machine.
    Depends on the version of Photoshop. The latest WINE and Photoshop CS2 has a Platinum rating (no noticable problems).
    The CS3 installer doesn't work, although some have mentioned that less legal versions without the installer work fine, it's something they might resolve soon though.

In any case that's more hassle than it's worth, installing another OS to run a Windows application is just shooting yourself in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gory View Post
    FactorZero- Neat! I didn't know that. Is Wine a windows emulator for Linux or something?
    It's a compatibility layer so it's not emulating anything, just pretending to be Windows by translating and implementing things that the software needs to run.
    You can do a bit of reading here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine_(software)

Codeweavers has a commercial version that's more user friendly available for Mac as well, I've been using their Crossover Games product to play the Valve/Steam games under Linux. Their customer support is excellent and they had a major role in getting Photoshop supported. Whether or not their product is worth using for the latest versions of Adobe's products will have to be seen when they release Crossover 7.
    The highlights of CrossOver 7 include support for Office 2007, as well as support for Photoshop CS/CS2 (and hopefully CS3) along with all versions of Dreamweaver, and a few other Adobe applications.
    Also I thought I should mention that not all commercial software is for Windows only, I have plenty of stuff I have had to buy for Linux. (Although I pride myself on how much I didn't have to buy too.)

Yes I still use GIMP... No that's not funny.

Last edited by SCIBOTIC; May 19th, 2008 at 09:34 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mmm, thats really my only problem... taking the time off, haha. I'd need to set aside a day to do it and right now i really just am dyin with my current schedule . I'll do it soon i hope.

SketchBook
    My Twitter Account

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mine seems to do this at home too, probably related to vista. The problem seems to happen when I am painting and somehow touch the strips on the side at the same time. So annoying. At work it's XP, doesn't seem to have the same trouble.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That keeps happening to me, and has happened for as long as I've owned Vista (about a year now).

Wacom denies it's a problem on their end, and have been doing so for about as long.

You don't have to reboot your computer if it happens again. Here are the steps I take, which is about as brief a method as I can make it:

1. Save your work and close Photoshop. For whatever reason, restarting the tablet's drivers makes Photoshop not able to tell you have pressure sensitivity, which is annoying.

2. Ctrl-Shft-Esc to bring up the Task Manager.

3. Press "Show processes from all users" and hit "Continue" on the little prompt that comes up.

4. Scroll down and end the three tablet processes. The names are different depending on the driver you have. For the older driver, it's two instances of "Tablet.exe" and one of "TabletUser.exe" or something similar to that, and for the latest driver it's two instances of "Wacom_Tablet.exe" and one of "Wacome_TabletUser.exe". Just kill all of those.

5. Click on the Services tab and scroll down to TabletService (or TabletServiceWacom if you have the latest driver). Right-click and hit "Start."

This'll restart your driver and give you pressure sensitivity back. Just start up Photoshop again and you should be good to go. Depending on the speed of your machine this could take anywhere from thirty seconds to five minutes, but regardless it's still a pain in the ass and a distraction that breaks the natural flow of working.

The only thing that I think has helped has been to open up the Wacom properties, click on the Functions area, then click on Photoshop. Then select the Touchstrip tab and hit Advanced. I deselected the "Enable special function areas" and so far it hasn't crashed on me, but we'll see. It is definitely an issue with the touchstrip, which is particularly frustrating because I have mine bound to brush size which is absolutely crucial.

If I come up with a better solution I'll let you know.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.