Art: Oh, hi!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Oh, hi!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oh, hi!

well hey! If there's going to be an animation forum HERE, maybe it's time to get back into that abandoned animation project.

This is as far as it got- notably, without any character design to speak of and without getting motion right. But, I actually did this, and it's all drawn frame by frame in 'Pencil' with no bones or kinematics, over an animated moving-circles reference program I wrote.

"Oh, hi! I'm a penciltest."

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Jason Manley is offline Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,606 Times in 2,213 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    must study weight...start watching some cartoons and sit there with the pause button and go from to frame and watch how timing and weight are used. study study.

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops 25% off registration right now!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Too right- next time that gets more attention. What happened was this- I'd made a collection of keys from referencing the soundtrack, and I thought I could plug those in to a vertical position setting (on the underlying reference) and somehow doctor it so that I had a walk.

The fluidity of the form is OK but the walk was a scarily bad failure for that reason- I'm going to have to do pose to pose animation if I ever want this to work. It's basically the hand-drawn equivalent of a really bad CGI motion trainwreck. On the bright side, the whole thing from start to finish took only about six hours...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.