Alchemy Software?

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Alchemy Software?

Does anyone know where I can get that Alchemy program for painting quick thumbnails and symmetry? I looked online but I wasn't sure if it was the e-paint version or what it was.

My Sketchbook

Life is a long lesson in humility.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks interesting. I haven't tried Alchemy's symmetry feature yet but I have played with the symmetry tool in AliasStudio and it's a fun and fast feature to use to generate designs. Hopefully it will become a standard tool with the rest of the major 2D apps.

What I'd like to see, to software developers out there reading this, is a 3/4 sym tool where the mirror is not quite 90 degress as the source drawing side. You can angle the mirror axis in AliasStudio (for ellipses in perspective) but it's still a perfect mirror. With a 3/4 tool I have in mind, drawing a 3/4 angled character or face would be a bit less tedious. There could be settings where you could choose whether you want to see overlapping lines or not and how much surface you want to reveal for the semi-obscured side.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipMcgee View Post
    What I'd like to see, to software developers out there reading this, is a 3/4 sym tool where the mirror is not quite 90 degress as the source drawing side. You can angle the mirror axis in AliasStudio (for ellipses in perspective) but it's still a perfect mirror. With a 3/4 tool I have in mind, drawing a 3/4 angled character or face would be a bit less tedious. There could be settings where you could choose whether you want to see overlapping lines or not and how much surface you want to reveal for the semi-obscured side.
    Sound interesting, but a bit hard to visualise. Think you could post some quick sketches illustrating the idea? Definitely all into hearing new ideas for Alchemy.

Alchemy
    An experimental open-source drawing application
    http://al.chemy.org/

Members who have read this thread: 3