Flowers

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Flowers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Flowers

Hi guys ! My name is Amilton and im from Brazil, student of Design.
    Someday i really want to be a concept artist but living here at brazil its a little impossible, well anyway i'm trying to make a portfólio trying to get a job as a ilusstrator and i'm doing these flowers , any comment , critique is extrem welcome !!
    thanks in advance

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's looking good so far. Are you going to finish the rest of the flowers or leave them in silhouette???

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

"finished"

i've finished ... critique / advices are extreamealy welcome

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like how you rendered the petals for the most part. My primary concern is the lack of time spent on the leaves (when compared to the petals of course). Given the type of image, typically blurred edges won't be in order, unless executed perfectly. Here you have blurred in a manner that a camera lens would, which is contrary to the painterly approach that one would expect (crisp edges in light, blurred edges in shadow, etc.)

The stigma and stamen of the flower appear to be painted onto the petals. Try to work more on their individual highlights and shadows, as well as cast shadows onto the petals. In fact, try to take better care of the cast shadows from one petal onto the next. Additionally, the piece could also use more texture overall.

Like what you've done. Keep it up and best of luck

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc-DM View Post
    I like how you rendered the petals for the most part. My primary concern is the lack of time spent on the leaves (when compared to the petals of course). Given the type of image, typically blurred edges won't be in order, unless executed perfectly. Here you have blurred in a manner that a camera lens would, which is contrary to the painterly approach that one would expect (crisp edges in light, blurred edges in shadow, etc.)

The stigma and stamen of the flower appear to be painted onto the petals. Try to work more on their individual highlights and shadows, as well as cast shadows onto the petals. In fact, try to take better care of the cast shadows from one petal onto the next. Additionally, the piece could also use more texture overall.

Like what you've done. Keep it up and best of luck
    great advice from Havic. To add to what was said its important to carfully observe the edges of petals and other parts. you want to be able to do two things with edges, put them in how you see them and put them in how you see them in relation to your focus. (really just one thing) if you examine each edge arbitraly, they may appear sharp. but having a fixed focus and obseriving with your peripheral vision the sorroundling edges, it will help to make proper relationships. how do you find your focus? if you glance for a second at the still life your eye is attracted to a particular place every time. (with a fresh eye) that generally is where the natural focus is. understanding how and where your eye stops on the still life with help to transfer that same information to the panting. it is not easyto just grasp at first, but with practice you'll start to notice it get easier. to note there amy be more then one stop for your eyes.

- Kinjark

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Unhappy thanks !

Hey thanks a lot aboput all critiques, they were really helpful ... i made some changes i hope it's better now ... i haven't done evrything u all said cause im a litle tired of this pic ... so i think its toime start another i feel really lazy drawing like this ... i need to draw to much more !

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.