Results 1 to 8 of 8
May 12th, 2008 #1
Someone with a job in the Graphic Arts field
I apologize if this is in the wrong forum topic.
For a school project I need to interview someone with a job in Graphic Arts.
I'll need to know:
Your Name (you can make it up it doesn't really matter)
The name of the company you work
Your job title
The interview questions are:
1. On a typical day in this position, what do you do?
2. What training or education is required for this type of work?
3. What personal qualities or abilites are important to being successful in this job?
4. What part of this job do you find most satisfying? most challenging?
5. How did you get your job?
6. What opportunities for advancement are there in the field?
7. What entry level jobs are best for learning as much as possible?
8. What are the salary ranges for various levels in this field?
9. How do you see jobs in this field changing in the future?
10. Is there a demand for people in this occupation?
11. What special advice would you give a person entering this field?
12. What types of training do companies offer persons entering this field?
13. What are the basic prerequisites for jobs in this field?
14. Which professional journals and organizations would help me learn more about this field?
15. What do you think of the experience you've had so far in terms of entering this field?
16. From your perspective, what are the problems you see working in this field?
17. If you could do things all over again, would you choose the same path for yourself? why? what would you change? (please really think about this one and give a good answer)
18. Who do you know that I should talk to next? When can I contact them and should I use your name? (I don't care about this question you can make something up)
Please tell me if I should move this to another forum. If you're going to respond I'll need an answer to all the questions. Thank you so much if you can give me a respose to all of these questions.
Hide this ad by registering as a memberMay 12th, 2008 #2
There was another thread about this sort of thing a while back. I believe the general consensus was "please stop trying to get interviews from us." Methinks you're going to get the same response here.
In any case, that's my response.
May 12th, 2008 #3
May 12th, 2008 #4Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2008
- Madison, WI
- Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Whats with all these interview things for school? It seems if someone wanted to know something about a career that they might desire they would research it on their own, won't get anywhere by sitting around asking other people for answers.
Check out My Sketchbook!
May 13th, 2008 #5
Sorry, I didn't know you guys have already had a lot of threads like this. I just don't have any one to contact and this was my only other idea besides making something up.
May 13th, 2008 #6Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2008
- Thanked 19 Times in 12 Posts
Maybe we should have a sticky at the top: "Don't Ask Us To Help You Do Your Homework". Similar to the sticky about not getting tattoos designed.
Hell, here's a list of 'interview' threads:
And for kicks, here's an 'art homework' thread:
...Shoot, there really is a lot of this stuff. Pfft.
May 13th, 2008 #7
It's as phoney as your boss doing the "write your own review." They SAY it's to make you think about your own strengths and weaknesses. In reality, they have no idea how to do a review. I always refuse to do mine. Hey, I want an actual review! And I'm not telling you the areas where I'm weak! If you haven't noticed, then it's my secret!
May 13th, 2008 #8
The dweller- yeah that question has come up on just about every one of those threads...teachers being lazy. Its one of those "prepare yourself, teach yourself" type of dealios...btw...anyone thinking of attending ITT technical Institute, in their game design degree...don't. unless you know everything there is to know about "game design" and development. cause thats how they teach...by not teaching.
trappedinabox- Im on the ass end of the art industry..graphic design, my title is "graphic artist" but my boss calls me "get to work", I can answer some of those questions for you, if you promise to send your teach a link to these threads and discussions. pm me
Last edited by JL.Alfaro; May 13th, 2008 at 02:12 PM. Reason: I am the lord of all that is Editing, do not question my editsJ.L. ALFARO
"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."-Dr. Seuss