We've something amazing up our sleeves for you this week, and we're not the only ones! ConceptArt, along with ChOW, COW, IDW, EOW and POW, have all gathered together to present a contest of epic proportions.
Starting May 15th, 2008, and running until 11:59 pm on June 30th, 2008, all the weekly contests will be combined and unified under one topic, "DEEP: Undersea Utopia" and for ChOW this means...
Inhabitants of the Undersea Utopia
Guys, this is quite literally a free-for-all. First and foremost, the one entry per person rule has been lifted. We want to encourage you guys to get as many ideas out there as you can, so you have absolutely no limit.
Here's a few notes for you guys:
1. Inhabitants can be whatever you think fits the bill. Human or not, it doesn't matter. You're totally open.
2. Submit all your work in one post in the final burning thread. I'm going to put the final burning thread up WELL before the deadline, so you can post in there and edit it when you have new work to add to it. So if you finish a few pieces well before the 6.5 weeks (!!) are up, but then finish some more, you are to submit them all together.
3. This is about ideas, not just pretty renderings! Judging will be based on the body of your work, and the ideas within(vision). Craftsmanship and presentation are important. Even though you will be judged on the ideas, you should still do a great job!
4. There will be a poll, but final winners will be decided by a judging panel. This is because...:
5. There is the potential for some really awesome prizes. Trust me. Trust me they are awesome. Keep your eye on this space for details. CHECK HERE FOR PRIZES & FURTHER INFO
We want to see what you can think of, how much you can think of, and how far you can stretch yourself. Guys, run with this! We all have the potential to pull together some ridiculously awesome stuff.