Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 24

Thread: Alex's Sketches!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Alex's Sketches!

    Here you will find a bunch of sketches and stuff that I did. All of which are meant for practicing! =D


    So here is my first one. Someone asked me to sketch them so I though why not good practice right? So here you go! Any comments? Alex's Sketches!


    Should have the next one soon
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    219
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 43 Times in 41 Posts
    Well, first thing first: it would help to get rid of the yellowy background! It makes the image look dirty.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to furiana For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by furiana View Post
    Well, first thing first: it would help to get rid of the yellowy background! It makes the image look dirty.

    lol I just tried to make the sketch stand out a little more. Wont do that on my next one
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    219
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 43 Times in 41 Posts
    Is that what happened? I thought it was a scanner screwup! Mine does that all the time.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by furiana View Post
    Is that what happened? I thought it was a scanner screwup! Mine does that all the time.
    lol noo I edited that in with photoshop.. My scanner is actually pretty good shockingly but it is only a year old.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Nother one!

    Alex's Sketches!

    comments are welcome
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    683
    Thanks
    206
    Thanked 229 Times in 210 Posts
    Anatomy, anatomy and anatomy ,-) Btw, not bad for a start, keep practicing!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    2,370
    Thanks
    985
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 1,033 Posts
    Thanks for stopping by my SB man, keep it up. I would try and really focus on your line confidence. Sketchy lines show hesitance, throw those lines down with authority! One line, point a to point b, don't be afraid if its not accurate, just keep putting them down. Blind contours (draw with your eyes closed) and continuos line contour drawings (never pick your pencil up off of the page) can help with this a lot. Keep it up man, hit up George Bridgman and Andrew Loomis too, there is a lot of good stuff to learn from them. Cheers!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Fingers View Post
    Thanks for stopping by my SB man, keep it up. I would try and really focus on your line confidence. Sketchy lines show hesitance, throw those lines down with authority! One line, point a to point b, don't be afraid if its not accurate, just keep putting them down. Blind contours (draw with your eyes closed) and continuos line contour drawings (never pick your pencil up off of the page) can help with this a lot. Keep it up man, hit up George Bridgman and Andrew Loomis too, there is a lot of good stuff to learn from them. Cheers!


    I will definatly work on this. But as for the anatomy and stuff, mind linking me to some stuff that would help me with that? I started practicing everyday, getting at least one or two drawings done a day. This will definatly increase as I get better . But any help is great
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Arizona, USA
    Posts
    1,084
    Thanks
    506
    Thanked 631 Times in 355 Posts
    Well nice start so far. If you really want to improve these portraits you have to work on proportion and placement and you can only do that through observation.

    I have a mirror by my drawing desk that has served me well. I would recommend you get a mirror as well and practice on your face. You can control the lighting and everything.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JJacks View Post
    Well nice start so far. If you really want to improve these portraits you have to work on proportion and placement and you can only do that through observation.

    I have a mirror by my drawing desk that has served me well. I would recommend you get a mirror as well and practice on your face. You can control the lighting and everything.


    I has a mirror by my dessk too like right in front of me. its hard drawing myself lol

    edit: new sketch
    Alex's Sketches!
    any comments?
    Last edited by AxFROWNYxFACE; July 26th, 2010 at 02:28 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  14. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    the South
    Posts
    394
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 70 Times in 64 Posts
    well, my honest advice is to stop drawing portraits... look at your hand and draw it.. it helps incredibly believe me, ive been doing it for a while now and my drawing has improved so much...

    and if you love portraits so much that you cant bear not working with them, then dont draw them, learn about them. study the proportions and try doing it Piero della Francesca style! (just setting up a grid ) i think Bridgeman will also help you a ton

    check this site out http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=131117

    it has a lot of free online books, including bridgeman, whom i think will help you a lot... but even more helpful than bridgeman, for me at least, is Robert Beverly Hale I dont think any of his books are online, but they are WELL worth the money...

    thats all for now, keep posting ill come back tomorrow =) remember, hands hands hands!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  15. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    the South
    Posts
    394
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 70 Times in 64 Posts
    what happened to once a day man?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. SketchBook: Alex' Sketches and studies.
    By Alex Parent in forum Sketchbooks
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: September 7th, 2013, 04:42 PM
  2. SketchBook: Alex Lashko Sketches & Studies
    By lashkoalex in forum Sketchbooks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 23rd, 2013, 05:16 AM
  3. SketchBook: Alex Khaine Sketches
    By Khaine17 in forum Sketchbooks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 29th, 2012, 04:19 PM
  4. Alex
    By KFAnderson in forum ART CRITIQUE CENTER
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: October 7th, 2010, 06:33 PM
  5. Under the Influence of Alex Ross: Sketches and concepts
    By ChaoticKnight in forum ART CRITIQUE CENTER
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 4th, 2006, 07:37 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook