Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Thanks
    great lines i am really digging the drawings from life .. and the still life paintings of the apples get some more
    try some more complicated objects and lighting situations !

great work keep at it you will learn much in little time

My Sketchbook

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...156231&page=11

"Poor is the pupil who does not surpass his master
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    If you want to improve do anatomy studies, lots of them. Start with the bones as Imaginary said and work your way out. They can get really boring and tedious but next time you draw a figure from your head you'll notice the differance. Tis very satisfying actually seeing your own progress happen

Thanks
    O hay thar.
    Guess who got her scanner back?

I have drawn more than this, obvously. These are just selected works from, eh... well, 23. and 24 of June.

What? It's a goddamn LOT to scan! I'm seriously not going to scan everything. Especially not now. I wanna draw now. So this will do for now. Upload more tomorrow. Or the day after. Or something.

Scanning is boring...

@Imaginary: thanks a lot! I have taken your advice and practiced skeletal structure, ESPECIALLY the legs. Legs are a friggin' pain. And head angles. Goddamn head angles... anyway, I'll keep up the work! So you better stop on in here sometimes and kickstart me and tell me what I'm doing wrong, you hear?!

@TASmith: hell yes. Finally summer! I've been going at now (but not as much as I've wanted... so I've given myself a work-plan to keep it consistent). I haven't done still-lives or too many portraits, though... I'll do that tomorrow! Thanks a lot!

@Faust: thank you! I'll keep it up!

@Zorcron: Thanks! I'll do some more still-lives with more complicated things... one of my quirky habits is picking up pretty much everything I find on the ground that isn't complete garbage. I think it's about time I gave my shit some special attention... like a still-life, yes (unlike you believe in Toy Story... then I guess it's a portrait..?)

@L0rin: right on, I will (and have, at least a little)! I'll do it every day! Especially that damn skull and stupid head-angles... Oh, oh, and see what I did there? See, I did the 18 rule! Praise my awesomeness in following you artist-folk's tips!

EDIT: Damn, I forgot to mention WHAT I studied! Thanks to BlackDelphin for reminding me!
    The ears and eyes are from Anatomy Drawing School, and the skulls from Loomis' "Drawing the Head and Hands". And now you know!

Attached Images Attached Images                          
    Last edited by Monkeydominator; July 15th, 2009 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention what books I studied from. >:

Thanks
    jesus christ talk about discipline. 18 of each thing. i've been meaning to do that, but a guy told me it was 30. i still don't want to do 18. wanna have some fun studying anatomy? download aclands atlas of anatomy. it's an IN DEPTH dvd of a human dissection. intended for medical purposes so there's a lot of useless stuff but it's a fantastic supplement to artists anatomy books.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 1,092 Posts
    Aaah just look at those studies!!
    I totally dig those ears!! And i agree ^^; scanning in could be a drag, but i get nervous too when i think that it could not look good...

That aside, keep at it!!!!
    You're really dedicated so far so you're bound to succeed

And btw after what are you studying? Loomis?

Sketchbook - I really appreciate comments and critique, please visit!

Danny_K Icecold

"Good artists are the crappy artists who never gave up!!"

Thanks
    My girlfriend decided that I should scan instead of bothering her. So I did. Scanned some of the practice stuff from the same sketchbook as the last post. I'll... not submit everything. I think it's 28 pages or something. I'll keep it until tomorrow or the day after or some day after that or never. I dunno.
    Enjoy, I guess. *cough*

@the_original_sean: Thank you so much! And yeah, it's pretty boring to imagine it. But when you sit down with some music and lots of time on your hands, it's actually pretty relaxing. And wow, I've looked into it, and that DVD-collection looks AMAZING! It would be awesome to have!

@BlackDelphin: wow, thanks a lot! Yeah, I've drawn mouths, (profile-)noses, ears and eyes... but the ears was the hardest ones! And also the ones I put the most effort into, simply because I can't draw then for shit. And golly! I hope I'll succeed!
    Also, scanning is a drag. And editing is a drag. If it wasn't for the fact that CA is awesome, I'd be too lazy to ever do it.

SKETCHES, I CHOOSE YOU

Thanks
    My girlfriend left. Now I'm lonely. )8
    Just submitting the rest of the art before drowning you in my newer stuff. Didn't draw that much when my girlfriend was here. Who can blame me?
    ... well, everyone can. Bad excuse is bad.

Hard getting back to my grinding habits after such a long time off it. I've practically wasted two days already. Well, at least I've learned a shitload from the CA online classes. Learning is sexy.

Last edited by Monkeydominator; August 18th, 2009 at 04:31 PM.

Thanks
    Got some great studies going on in here, think I better go do some now, keep em coming

Thanks
    Hi there
    I said I'd be checking SB's out... so here I am!
    I've had a quick look through your sketchbook, and I have to say I can see a definate improvement from the start to where you are now! The anatomy studies are looking solid, I can see that you have a good understanding of it, but keep going! You can only get better with practice

I posted this in Morte's sketchbook, but I will post it here too:
    http://www.stanprokopenko.com/blog/2009/05/draw-eyes/ - This blog has some articles, giving advice and pointers on how to draw parts of the face, such as the eye, nose, lips, ears etc. I saw you have already done studies on them, but if you are confused on anything, or just want to study them more, I would definately recommend looking at the articles he has posted. I definately found it helpful, although I havent put his advice to paper yet, soemthing I will do in time.

Keep up the greatwork you have here, Monkeydominator! I should go and work now... feel free to kick me into gear if you see me slacking
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Its good that you started doing more anatomy studies. Will really help you out in the near future.

Thanks
    I love your anatomy studies, how long did you spend on your studies of the leg and the leg muscle sketches? Those sketches help me quite a bit.

Something that i learned is to venture into another styles, study more of another drawing style. I do see a very strong anime/cartoon type style.

And the link helped me out a ton, i'm still actually looking at them, i just took a break to take a look at your SB.

"Although nature commences with reason and ends in experience it is necessary for us to do the opposite, that is to commence with experience and from this to proceed to investigate the reason."

Leonardo Da Vinci

La Super Duper Uber SG!!

Thanks
    Well, you definitely got me beat in the studies department. For the most part everything's pretty good, it's all pretty accurate and shows a lot of promise. You know what you're doing, so I won't say anything =P

You're the opposite of me though - I do too many pictures from imagination and not enough studies, while you do too many studies and not enough pictures from imagination. I'd love to see some stuff from your crazy mind.

Now go doodle.

Thanks
    @The man with no name:
    thanks a lot! And I surely will! (once work is over... goddamned thing...)

@Spirit:
    thanks for the link and encouragement! Yes, I have improved a little I guess, but not nearly as much as I could have. I look forward to going to university, I hope the drive of the class will be... eh... a LITTLE more motivational than my former one.
    And oh, I WILL study facial features more! Like Morte said, my style is way to... animé... and I'm trying to get rid of that.
    NOW YOU GO BACK TO DRAWING!

@laxon:
    oh yes, it will! I will do PLENTY more than these. I still haven't gotten rid of my bad habits yet...

@Morte:
    thank you! How much time I spend is really depending on what I draw and HOW I draw it. If I'm drawing to really learn how things work, it can take a hell of a time, while some only take from two to ten minutes. On these, I spent 5-12 minutes on the human sketches, and... uh... actually, I have no idea about the other stuff. I don't really keep track of time, except for my breaks (so my arm won't completely shrivel and die, the useless thing).
    Ouch! You kicked me right in my art nuts. Yes, my style is very anime-ish... a terrible habit I picked up after four years of "IMMA BE THE BEST ANIMU ARTIST EVAAAAAAAAAR" and "IMMA BE A MANGA-KA WHEN I GROW UP DESU DESU DESU DESU". I still feel it's horrid grip on me... Nothing wrong with anime, by all means, but I want to learn realism and work from there.
    And yes, that link was really good!

@Lionsword:
    Thanks a lot! I do actually draw a lot from my head, but... eh... lacking a visual library, my doodles tend to... kinda... a little... look like cow diarrhea. Also, I had it lurking in my head for a while that CA wasn't really that interested in my mindfarts, seeing as they too tend to be like a cow's former breakfast. I'll try to get some stuff up, though it's not nearly as awesome as yours.

So yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaah. My arm's apparently hating the sh*t out of me. Working at the cashier's stand doesn't help much. Five to nine hours of work, one hour each way to travel, family stuff, university stuff... things have been a little hectic lately. And will continue to be for a while. Most of these are drawn at work, while listening to the CA online classes or while being our with my family.
    Well! Only two weeks and I'll be spending time with my girlfriend in Oslo for almost three weeks. This meaning: I can draw like crazy while she's at school. STRIKE!

Also, I won a 1,500 GBP scholarship for my good high school grades. DOUBLE!

Oh, and I've got a sketchbook support group now! TURKEY!!!

EDIT:
    some of these are (loosely) drawn from stock-photos, second one is doodles from master works, some are from life and some are from my head and all look like donkey poo. )8<
    GIVE ME SOME YEARS WILL YA

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.