jelly fish
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: jelly fish

tomwaits4noman is offline well, that's a pipe of a different color Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

jelly fish

Looking for advice on something I am working on,

a work in progress, feel its missing something, not 100 percent happy with the lighting, tips advice feedback welcome...

Attached Images Attached Images  
    SKETCHBOOK

"There aren't any shortcuts. You've got to dig in study and draw the world around you. This is the only way to hone your skill and develop a style that is your own". GREG CAPULLO
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

tomwaits4noman is offline well, that's a pipe of a different color Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    made a few changes etc..

SKETCHBOOK

"There aren't any shortcuts. You've got to dig in study and draw the world around you. This is the only way to hone your skill and develop a style that is your own". GREG CAPULLO

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    personally, i liked the brighter one. the second one feels very heavy, while the first one give a really serine vibe, tranclucid ocean..

my only crit. for the moment is that your jelly-fish is not exactly jelly-ie it seems to be made of very hard material and it's most obvios at its center with those thingies (don't know how they're called).
    have u used a reference?
    your work seems to go more towards a stylized, um, style? (haven't slept much, english is not my first language so please escuse stupid sentences like this one...) rather then realistic. but it's not there yet, u can get it much more to the extreme i think if that was your intent.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    updated version feedback advise welcome

SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh wow!
    this looks amazing! such a progress from the first ones!
    only thing i recommend is to add better, sharper highlights on the jelly-fish head, resulting from those shimerrings - which by the way, are great, and i think you should have a little bit more of them, maybe at the bottom half of the painting or in the jelly-fish itself?
    anyway this is great work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This loks ace, it reminds me of a guy I knew at uni - he was in the year above me. He did a simular piece to this http://arcipello.deviantart.com/art/jelly-56690097

Don't know if that helps to see other's techniques or not. Are you using any reference? I recommend David Attenborough's Blue Planet for inspiration!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.