We've something amazing up our sleeves for you this week, and we're not the only ones! ConceptArt, along with ChOW, COW, IDW, EOW and POW, have all gathered together to present a contest of epic proportions.
Starting May 15th, 2008, and running until 11:59 pm on June 30th, 2008, all the weekly contests will be combined and unified under one topic, "DEEP: Undersea Utopia" and for EOW this means...
Environments of the Undersea Utopia
Civilization, biosphere, dwellings, palaces businesses, agriculture as much of the whole idea as you can possibly imagine.
Please create several views of the SAME world so that you decribe the entire environment that you imagine.
The world is Deep under the sea, so it's up to you to decide; how it got there, how it survives, or even whether the inhabitants are air breathing or not. it is all up to you to show us your vision of the perfect world under the sea.
Instead of the normal one entry per person, this time we want to see a variety of work.
Judging will be based on idea development, presentation, and the over-all body of work (vision). The amount of work invested in each idea or concept is up to you; 5 developed concepts with sketches to back them up, 100 thumbnails categorized on different subjects, go wild. In the end, bundle it into one image/submission and post it in the Final Burning Thread.
The results will be judged by both a public poll and a judging panel, as there are going to be awesome prizes for the winners!
Focus the illustration on the environment, idea development, and it's design. You may include characters, and creatures and Stuff... But they should not be the focus of the design. Both color or B/W entries are accepted.
Max single submitted image size 1200x1024 pixels. Remember that you are to present multiple images to portray this world. I recommend: distant view, medium view and close up details. of several aspects.
New Images only, no old work.
Here's a few notes for you guys:
1. Environments can be whatever you think fits the bill. Natural, Created, Built, it doesn't matter. You're totally open.
2. Submit all your work in one post in the final burning thread. I'm going to put the final burning thread up WELL before the deadline, so you can post in there and edit it when you have new work to add to it. So if you finish a few pieces well before the 6.5 weeks (!!) are up, but then finish some more, you are to submit them all together.
3. This is about ideas, not just pretty renderings!Judging will be based on the body of your work, and the ideas within, and presentation. However, craftsmanship is always important too, so do a nice job!
4. There will be a poll, but final winners will be decided by a judging panel. This is because...:
5. There is the potential for some really awesome prizes. Trust me. Trust me they are awesome. Keep your eye on this space for details.
We want to see what you can think of, how much you can think of, and how far you can stretch yourself. Guys, run with this! We all have the potential to pull together some ridiculously awesome stuff. Please take time with your art work, this is a great opportunity to show everyone of what you are capable of and there is plenty of time to do a great job. Put some thought into it!
Deadline: June 30 - 11:59pm
Last edited by chaosrocks; May 14th, 2008 at 11:58 PM.
To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
What if I dont do loads of thumbnails and development work?
Everytime I do an environment, I work out and develop an image and design on the fly, and I know many other people do. But I've got a feeling that would damage my chances, regardless of the quality of the final piece?
I hope I'm wrong, but thought it was important to ask.