Sijun hacked (Cloud-nine too)

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sijun hacked (Cloud-nine too)

Apparently both Sijun and Cloud nine forums have been hacked by a turkish group...

Careful Conceptart! (and those other art communities) Such a freakin odd and random thing huh?

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    retards...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's probably because both were running a VERY outdated version of phpBB (sijun anyway) that has many security holes, hope Sijuns database has been backed up... too much good stuff on that forum.

I don't think CA is in danger since it's using vBulletin (and a recent release too).

Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    nah...retards actually have a brain...

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Thanked 3,345 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Urge to make anti-religious art... rising

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Rainville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    they did it to mine also, luckly all they did was replace the index file.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    what in the world...

hope the communities don't get disrupted the way ep did

Thanks
    Thanked 11,203 Times in 2,747 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Eatpoo and Sijun etc...have made mistakes with using Phpbb which is inferior software. CA runs vbulletin and has a secure server system as well as on and offsite backups. The most we will ever lose is 15-30 minutes if the main server system goes down. This is one of the major upgrades we have been able to make since there has been some support with the downloads...and it cost an arm and a leg. Assuming we do not see natural disasters destroy everything in two different states at the same moment, we should be ok for the long run. The system also checks in on all machines every few minutes. If anything goes wrong, adjustments are made to solve the problem. Data security is key. Eatpoo taught the art communities that...unfortunately.

Regarding eatpoo (R.I.P.)...They seem to have failed to back up their site for years and must have never installed backup servers. I wonder where all that hosting money went, that they raised (even I donated back then too). Beer I guess...a simple backup server would have saved five years of digital art history that is now gone. Congrats to the eatpoo mods for finally up and leaving to start their own group. I imagine there is good chance of success for their art community now that they are not working under bigots and drunks.

Last edited by Jason Manley; May 13th, 2008 at 10:38 AM.
    LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well, it appears c9 and sijun have kept up with their housekeeping;

both are back up and appear to be functional (though i haven't posted, since im deathly afraid of the talent at both places) the link for sijun at the top works, but for c9, you'll have to follow a new link: this guy

i know this might be stirring up old garbage that may not want to be discussed, but i was wondering: is there any way to get a brief history of the evolution of the art communities? as i understand, eatpoo was a sort of hub where many of the leaders of art communities now came from - i think i'd just like to hear about the glory days, since, despite some of what's happened on that site, i feel particularly beholden to it for turning me away from elfwood/da and into here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    what happaned to eatpoo exactly?

iv been on that site a few times ages ago.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How eerie...

~ '
    ~

Will update sometime soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Islam hackers? Thats new.

My work: [link]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Its nice how there quite respectfull and civilised in the actuall message.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 557 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Speaking of which, anyone excited for the new season of 24?

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

· or check out my: Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's a thought: Why don't CA takeover Sijun? Dhabih seems to be hands-off for years so.

Sijun gets to maintain it's looks, admin board, and whatever preserved database that's left. CA/MB takes over the membership, hack proof it better than now, and gets to advertise at will.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ugh, c9 only lost a few minutes of information.

And as part of the group of mods that JUST left Eatpoo, all I can say is Eatpoo's biggest shutdown was from one of the ex-admins fucking it all up on purpose. Then another crash, and with all the weird shit and racism dogging it's (scat) name, and severely weakened art standards, we felt it best to distance ourselves from all that.

Ahh, how times change. All Eatpoo seems to have taught people is if you let your friends run rampant with racism around a bunch of really kickass artists full of sass and amazingness, that shit will wither and die fast. ESPECIALLY when the new admins can't be bothered to get off their asses and get the thing going again. Seems our leaving fueled some great debate and now action is actually being taken, so who knows, maybe it'll be something great again. But I'll always miss those brutally honest critiques, no other place like it for that (back then).

you're invited to the freakin' party.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bummer...

it is of note that ca got hacked by a muslim group once...back when vbull had some serious security flaw. Was an old version and we showed up with all admin priveleges removed and some banner that said Allah Akbar. I was a little disappointed to see that Allah did not approve of the latest works in the finished section...or was it the posts in the lounge...who knows...either way Allah's followers gave us the shutdown for a few hours too.

Last edited by Jason Manley; May 13th, 2008 at 10:34 AM.
    LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,199 Times in 254 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    its interesting that no one remembers that I was one of the early admins on eatpoo and was banned from the site multiple times for helping jason create conceptart.org/forums.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, it's all over now Davi. That site and it's entire history is sadly, entirely, ruined. At one point it was one of the coolest creative places on the net, filled to the brim with talent from a wide range of disciplines. Is a total bummer to see what racism, infighting, hate and elitism did to what was once an oasis of imagination. As much as there was rivalry, both real and perceived, what they built was an important part of digital art history and should have been safeguarded against loss, even after the traffic dried up.

You have been a good help over the years. Thanks.

Last edited by Jason Manley; May 13th, 2008 at 10:33 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    ...sob...

...anybody got a hanky...I got sumpin in my eye...

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

lol

I just sheda tear, but for a different reason.

But, the lack of eatpoo traffic dried it up. I asked my pals google and yahoo for a crit and they responded with more than 3000000 answers.

If not for the caring bots, I would have been lonely in my sadness.

Last edited by BooBerri; May 13th, 2008 at 11:54 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rainville View Post
    Urge to make anti-religious art... rising
    Thought of the same thing.

But we dont want a bunch of religious extremists to attack CA, do we?

*sigh*

~B. Klarić
    ---SSG#46---
    Blaz ł MarkWinters ł petitemistressł sfa ł Shmaba
    -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jesus and Mohammed united, wt a bunch of retards those hackers are! If Jesus really "hates their nation and blahblahblah" do they really think hed want a bunch of retards to do his bidding? i swear this type of extremist shit is wt makes my fucking ppl so undesirable, when in reality, most of us arent even like that! God/Allah never asked you to play god yourself asshole, read the Coran. Read the Bible. if you *really* believe in God, let him do his own damn bidding in the "afterlife". dammit! >.<

and Jason, dont mind if i correct you on a detail, you said "hacked by a muslim group once", but i do think you meant islamist group? as in the extremists, not the believers (muslims).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by davi View Post
    its interesting that no one remembers that I was one of the early admins on eatpoo and was banned from the site multiple times for helping jason create conceptart.org/forums.
    Umm...? Did you all kiss and make up then? 'Cause the way I found CA was through a CA vs Poo Thunderdome (in which I thought, "What's CA? Oh! Wow...they seem a bit more sane. *jump*").

Or was it more Thunderdome than the good-natured contest we'd like to believe?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,345 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    sorry...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    pft. Jason. you call this art? your piece is seriously lacking dont you think?!? you heathen.

Name:  sym-islam-240 copy.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  98.8 KB

Now, *Thats* epic. thank me later

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirana View Post
    Umm...? Did you all kiss and make up then? 'Cause the way I found CA was through a CA vs Poo Thunderdome (in which I thought, "What's CA? Oh! Wow...they seem a bit more sane. *jump*").

Or was it more Thunderdome than the good-natured contest we'd like to believe?

That tdome was actually what started the rivalry between the sites. The groups got along fine before that, for the most part. Many people were members of both, like myself, and some took up sides...much too seriously. I really liked EP at that time, and felt like they deserved spotlight as much as anyone on CA did. Though almost every one of those people have moved on to other forums now. This was prior to the hateful crowd becoming too dominant. Talent ruled the roost over there back then.

Anyway, the thing people don't realize is that the whole rivalry was just Roundeye and I coming up with ways to create some hype and generate traffic. We both agreed that having a contest and getting the sites fired up would lead to more traffic for all the artists, and the sites, which was one of my goals, and obviously one of his. I was helping eatpoo and he was helping conceptart in that way by putting it all together. We were helping the artists of both sites. And so we made it happen. The whole thing was planned to go as it did...except for the spitefulness that came across between sites during all the trash talk. I did not expect as much of that as happened. People actually thought I didnt like roundeye or eatpoo back then...which I did. I even offered roundeye work at one point...got nivbed his first real job, and started working with nox, amongst other things. A lot of good things happened from that contest...not all was bad.

Nox won the event for eatpoo but andrew got his piece voted as best concept so both sides had a winner. Nox did two pieces that made all of us say.."who the hell is this guy!" Time keeps on ticking ticking ticking...crazy how far we have all come since then.

If I had it to do all over again, I would have discouraged the trash talk that went down. It created too much drama that went on for a couple years after that and is the reason we no longer do inter-forum contests.

Last edited by Jason Manley; May 13th, 2008 at 02:47 PM.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I haven't been to eatpoo since they banned me as a joke. They moved my first post into the Toilet and then banned me for having a post in there being under 18.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    That's interesting. I was never really too aware of the drama surrounding the thunderdome. My reasons for leaving eatpoo stemmed more from that top tier of administration which made the forum seem more like a social club. I had no expectations that the forum was obligated to be diplomatic to everyone, however I just didn't expect what I perceived to be outright abuse and cruelty. I was one of many who had been an avid member of TeamGT and when that started in its decline, Eatpoo and conceptart.org had both been newly established. Of course a lot of the artists whom I wished to keep an eye on began posting at only one of the two forums.

Eatpoo was great and I initially enjoyed their sense of humor, way before the racism, and before the point at which it became very personal for too many people. At some point down the road, it became obvious that the the admins had begun hijacking user accounts and posting as them. I made the mistake of voicing my distaste for this and from then on one admin had taken complete control over my account and started posting as me. I just left. There was no grudge between myself and really almost everyone at the forum including Roundeye, who had been helpful to me in the past, but also no hope or point of arguing my case. I reduced my involvement back to lurking.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How odd that the trash talk went that far, especially when artists on both sites moved in much the same circles. There would be NO Thunderdome if there was actual hatred.

And I always wondered why TD died off...figured people were too busy. Guess LMS is the new TD, yah?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1