Thanks

Go Speed Racer, go!

LOVED this movie. May not be deep but holy crap it was gaudy, cheesy, exciting, completely unrealistic and over-the-top fun! It managed to take the camp and cheese of the cartoon and instead of trying to make it "modern" and "cool" it amped it up and is just this thrilling, spectacular, heavily anime/asian influenced mass of awesomeness. I mean, jesus, at one point someone managed to say "Inspector Detector suspected foul play" with a straight face. And there were many hot guys to ogle too

Ignore the critics, they're all old farts who can't have fun. This movie is the most entertaining thing I've seen in a while, and that's saying something - I loved Iron Man and doubt I could pick which one I liked more - but Iron Man did not have me running across streets and striking poses the whole way home.

They made the most perfect big-screen adaptation of the cartoon they possibly could have - they took everything that made the show a cult classic and just made it bigger and awesomer

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Yeah. They're old farts. All they do is complain about the visuals!

Thanks
    Actually most of the reviews I've seen have lauded the visuals - some complain that it's too bright and colorful but for the most part they all say the effects are ground-breaking. It's the live-action-cartoon theme they bash it on, but hell, I loved it Definitely going to see it again.

Thanks
    that movie is the future, i bet the dvd is going sell like crazy!

christ

Thanks
    Unfortunately too many people read Newspaper reviews. This will go down in history (at least as far as i'm concerned) as the best movie that tanked in the box office. Nobody will watch it because of the bone headed reviewers who never enjoyed being a kid.

The POINT of Speed Racer IS Speed Racer

Thanks
    That movie was amazingly great.

Everyone please go watch and support it.

Thanks
    This was a great movie it had a lot of the classic and pulled off being live action cartoon . I hate movie reviewers that don't want to be kids.
    I love seeing the guy that was the voice of Speed in there its been a long time since I seen Peter Fernandez in person but her still sound the same (he was the voice of Speed and Racer X)

My wife and I love it and we found everyone there liked it so word of mouth could get this movie a better rating ..I tell people to go see it it it a fun movie.

I was hoping for more time in the Mach 5 and all but it was cool i did note one thing the credited the movie based on Speed Racer made by Tatsunoko Productions but the show was not called that is was Mach Go Go Go where "GO" mean "5" in Japaneses and it is a very different show in Japanese but for the little brother the voice is still the same .But don't get me started on the so much Anime in the 60's and 70's was screwed up but re-writing then.

Its still fun to watch as it was so camp and all you love to watch it and i like the re-mix sound track they ran at the end they had fun with that.

OH BTW i say DVD on the movie at Target Call Meet the RACER its like a Documentaries on Speed and his Family and all. i think I may get it i was looking at the toy marketing at Tartget and Hot Wheels got the lic for this movie it like a ton of version of the Mach 5 and 6 and the Mach 4 Rex drove

I hope the try for a second one ...The had a great cast too John Goodman was dead on Pop Racer .

IronMan was great and if you watch till the end of the credits you know what coming next it to had good casting ..

CC

BTW to learn more on the original Show Mach Go Go GO here is a link which is really cool as it cover how the show came about.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2...racer-is-born/
    Last edited by CCorsair; May 13th, 2008 at 05:43 AM.

Thanks
    Speed Racer! Speed Racer! Speed Racer !

I'm so glad at least a couple more people saw this great movie!

Thanks
    hehe yea, it was a wonderful movie experience.

saw it late at night monday, including my friends, there were 8 people in the entire theatre. So comfortable.

Thanks
    Yeah dude, I had a huge grin plastered on my face for the whole duration and so did the friend I went with. I was embarrassed I was smiling so much until I looked around and saw everyone else was. The whole audience clapped and cheered at the end.

Thanks
    oh god i watched it again!
    the last race is an orgasm in my mind!!!