Anyone Goes Or Went To Full Sail

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Anyone Goes Or Went To Full Sail

I know some people totally detest that school but oh well... i Just wanted to know based on people who went or who is going. I plan on goin in july but i dont know what program is right for me... I want do illustration and concept design (no big surprise) lol. I belive their game art program is pretty good but it focuses on alot of 3d stuff i believe.. so yall just let me know what yall think

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Are you planning to go based on what you've heard, or have you actually visited the school and checked out their programs offered?

Ultimately, you'll have to decide for yourself if this school will meet your educational goals or not. I would strongly encourage you get a catalog, thoroughly read over it and their website, then attend a tour & info session and take along a list of questions you have about the college. Their website lists an open tour on May 18th, make every effort to go.

If you are interested in illustration/concept art, you may want to find out if this school offers any traditional art courses at all. It looks like 90% of their classes are based in digital media.

Also, decide if you are comfortable with their proposed "accelerated degree program" (another point to note, if it even matters to you, is that all of their degrees offered are Bachelor of Science). Do you feel you'll get the education you need in less than 4 years?

Thanks
    Thanked 16,675 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I don't think Full Sail has any reputation whatsoever as an illustration school.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwell View Post
    I don't think Full Sail has any reputation whatsoever as an illustration school.
    It's more of a vocational/"profit" school. If your into illustration try ringling if you have a decent portfolio.

Sketch page coming soon.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.