My first pencil drawing
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: My first pencil drawing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My first pencil drawing

Im just learning and readin tutorials so that I hope critiques, so i will do better work.

Attached Images Attached Images        
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can see you are trying the grid method. The grid method is an old technique used to enlarge a sketch, especially useful to mural painters to help them enlarge a drawing so they could copy it onto a wall or ceiling.

I've seen beginners try the grid method and fail horribly, so I think yours are a great start. There are a few crits I could make, but considering these are your first drawings I'll instead just say great start and I hope you keep at it. With practice I think you'll see great progress. When you are ready to tackle it, try looking at some anatomy books which will give you a better idea of what is going on in the face, which will help you identify and place features a little more accurately. The grid system works well to get you started, but it helps to have more solid info to take it a little further.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J Wilson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    for first sketches these are pretty good!

i agree with dweller on the terms of the grid technique and anatomy basis..
    the grid method really helps to understand "where thing are" as anatomy knowledge will help u understand "how they are"...
    a lttle tip for the grid (if u keep working with it, that is) for the details u can make a tighter grid, for example just for the face. when i started working with it i found it very helpfull...

i'd like to point out a few things that are consistent in wour work and bother me a little ( i hope i'm not too hard. i hate writing critiques in english...I always seems to come out a bit harsh and official so please forgive me if that's what happenes..i'm a nice person, really) :

necks - except for the jessica alba portrait, they are very manly. what do i mean? they are very wide and the adam's apple is overexadurated(spelling?)..
    lips - i guess the way they are treated, with very strong outlines, is to show their volume and that they have lipstick on or something of that sort? instead, the result is that they look very flat and "not attached" to the face. (of course this also have to do with anatomy issues, and u need to understand better how their anatomy is built, but that will come with time and practice too..)

the reason i pointed out these two is that their combination makes your women here look a bit, well, transvastites...so watch out from these..
    i've seen many starters do this (hell, i guess i was one of them too) so i thought just to give u a "heads-up" as they say

i really hope it helps and that haven't come out too harsh
    keep on the ggod work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks by critiques I will take in consideration. Now I wanna know what to do with Jery Ryan, Jessica Alba, Sandra Bullock and the biggest one Francesca Neri.
    All of them have adam apples.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by omarx646 View Post
    Now I wanna know what to do with Jery Ryan, Jessica Alba, Sandra Bullock and the biggest one Francesca Neri.
    All of them have adam apples.

not sure what u mean..
    put on your ref pics along with the work and i'll to clarify myself

good luck!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.