Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Petite's Sketchbook (Updated September 20th - Rainbows in my Green Tea!)

Thanks
    Slash - I got some progress for ya! I'll save you a print

l0stinth0ughts - thank you good sir! sick little girls are my forte

Clochette - haha yes that IS me! you recognized me
    I don't fight the monstroplants tho, I fight hello kitty zombies from page one of my sketchbook the monstroplants are for jumping on!

lilnebo - thanks a bunch lilnebs! i wish i knew even a little about web design or programming so that i could make myself a website and make the game available to play on it... if anyone could help me it would be much appreciated!

Sork - thank you Sork! I dont know what the pending approval thing is about ;-; I'm pretty sure I entered right copyright info...

dCepT - hehe thanks Fred! i'm not sure if the sent version was th 69 or 66 one tho :< gotta check! about the game, i would put it online if only i had a clue how... halp?

Bambi 09 - thank you!!! much appreciated, love

Shmaba - Update on here god sir! the wood project is a diptych, drew out the second part and carved out Alice how's ringling treating ya?

AA-ron - thank you! I usually have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to color so I gotta say it really makes me happy when people seem to like my color choices... thanks

ok now! Update tiems! ...in the next post... updating takes so much time with the individual copyright info entering thing... still very appreciated, thanks CA people for that thoughtful add-on
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Alright! Christmas dump 01! MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS!
    these are all our of my moleskine except for the last one.
    All are from life except the 2 colored pieces I've been trying that "one calculated stroke no random noodling" approach to life drawing and i think my line control is improving little by little... do give me your thoughts!
    Also a more geometrical stylized approach to the human figure in the last page and next to the red haired portrait gotta keep at it!!

Attachment 548447

Attachment 548451

Attachment 548449

Attachment 548446

Attachment 548454

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 408 Posts
    The last one is lovely, and a clear improvement! You're making me proud!

Here, has one of these: It will make you run faster and able to run through goombas!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Slash For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,292 Times in 745 Posts
    Oooh your love is proud!
    Love this redhead portrait too!
    Merry xmaaaas!
    Sketchbook :: Blog :: Gorilla Artfare :: Prints :: my Etsy
    koppa says:
    i could kick an eggs ass if i wanted to

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Clochette For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Love the red head! Goooooooooooooooo Dina!
    "Master storytellers never explain. They do the hard, painfully creative thing-- they dramatize"

Sketchbook

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Duq For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Slash - hee! thank you my love
    Clochette - thank you Clo!! MERRY XMAS!
    Duq - thank you Stephan!!! X3

AAAND update 02 of the night! long (or slightly longer) poses range 5 to 15 minutes. I actually have a bunch more but they're on A2 that I left at school for practical reasons... stupid, I know :<
    these are A3 so too big to scan, thus necessarily photographed with my camera...
    sorry for the less than satisfactory quality! hope they are still visible enough to crit!

first one was a splurt of anger on the paper using acrylics paint... dont sweat it lol. I thought an sb should show the good, the bad and the ugly...

Thanks
    You're handling your foreshortening well!! And it's good to see that you're putting the pencils we got for you in paris to good use!

I've already given you some crits on MSN, so I'll just make this an asspat. :3

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Slash For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Slash - gotta work those pencils!

alright sorry for the spamming ( i hope its not forbidden...) but CA has a tendency to eat my huge posts and make me cry so here i am mini posting...
    today's 3rd update is progress on my Alice In Wonderland woodblock print, a diptych now featuring Alice surrounded by spermatozoids with a jammy toast on her head, and the March Hare surrounded with woman eggs (i know proportional scale to the spermatozoids is not accurate, stylistic choice ^^)
    Overall shot and detail shots! its an A2 wood plank so i cant but photograph it... sorry for the crap quality!

Attachment 548486

Attachment 548491

Attachment 548489

Attachment 548490

Attachment 548492

Thanks
    Rockin updates! Your figures are looking really nice, reminds me how much I miss my figure drawing class in college. I really like the girl in the colorful dress further up the page and the colored pencil foreshortening piece. No crits, keep it up!
    "From here to the ears and eyes of the 'verse!"
    "There are three basic types, Mr. Pizer, the wills, the won'ts, and the can'ts. The wills accomplish everything, the won'ts oppose everything, and the can'ts won't try anything." - Vincent; The Black Hole
    -----------
    www.youtube.com/algae998
    DeviantArt gallery
    Zbrush WIPs
    Sketchbook

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AA-ron For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Lovely works you have here, Petite. The ones that catch me eyes are your woodblocks and videogame screencaps and designs. Love the concept for the Alice characters with the female/male reproductive cells/base structures. I'm curious as to what your thought process was/is that leads you to this concept?
    Also, The handling of the feet/lower legs is fantastic! I had to think about it for a second, good job. Have you ever played a PC game, "American McGee's Alice"? I think you'd dig.

The videogame looks cool, is it playable? can I play it? It's flash right? Have you ever heard of XNA? Assuming your on windows of course.

I definitely see improvement in the quality of your sketches/figure work.

Oh and thanks for stopping by my book!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to tsujni For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey!
    great linoleum cut outs! really nice characters and a good style for this kinda work! i really like the curly knees they have reminds me of tim buton which is really good

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Katzenminze For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    AA-ron - yeah, life drawing is probably the only thing I'll miss from college! thank you!

tsujni - thank you tsujini! I've heard of American McGee's Alice and been dying to play it, but never could find it ;-; also i run on mac so XNA for me... As for the meaning behind the spermatozoids/Alice it all comes down to the ambiguity that you find within the novel itself. Upon re-reading it when I decided to make my master's degree a reworking of it, I realized that book was a perfect balance of mature horror and lighthearted child storybook. Throughout I felt uneasy, uncomfortable; I guess if i had to compare it to a phase in human development, it would be those all too awkward puberty years; utter confusion. I chose to approach my subject from this angle and focus on the uncomfortable ambivalence in my character designs as well as my re-writing of the story. As a result of it, and as you can see, my Alice and March Hare are a mix of child like features, with adult attributes and a curious outlook upon their wonderland. they are fragile yet bulky, absently focusing on something they really want to know about. Since the diptych is a character double portrait, I wanted to portray my characters with elements that represent them or interest them; here Alice, the very curious little girl's psyche, is overwhelming the March hare's (thus his surprised look as opposed to her calm intrigued face) and surrounding them with reproductive imagery (which is how my school taught sex ed: exclusively at the cellular level ); of course the March Hare's psyche has its say as well, but the poor bastard knows nothing except that it's always tea time; hence the tea time themed background in both portrays.

...PHEW!! I wonder if anyone will read that... oh well at least I explained it! haha

Katzenminze - thank you very much Katze! this is MDF tho, we cannot find linoleum here ^.^ I'm glad you like Alice and the March Hare, kinda bummed it's Tim Burtonny, def wasn't my intention :< i guess creepily cute will always be associated with him!

Today's update is my *slow* progress on CHOW 140; the Bettie PAge tribute, rest her soul, and this week's chow; the christmas ghosts!
    Photoshop failed me hard while i was working on the ghost so i had to completely redo it. I know, photoshop save reflex fail :'( gah!
    will have to work harder tomorrow... also worked on NDA pieces today, but those are unfotunately NDA... BOO!

Attachment 549147

Attachment 549144

Attachment 549142

Thanks
    Argh dammit, i typed a loong reply for you, so long in fact that i got an error message saying i was no longer logged in. Tried pressing back, but it didn't work.. fine.. i'll type it out again, but its gonna be a little less elaborate this time.

I'm just typing this out to remind you of the stuff we talked about on skype: I love the christmas ghost piece, i see great potential in it. I will make sure you finish this one, no matter how long it takes. No more unfinished chows! T_T

I think you should draw inspiration from the lotr ghost army for this one. But instead of the pale greens from the movie you use the pink, blue and purple you have going on here. The background color needs to change. Her arm holding the stick is too short, or badly foreshortened. Her hand on that arm is too small as well. I don't know if the big foot is a stylistic choice, but from a "correct anatomy" point of view its too big.

Make sure you fix ALL of the basic forms before rendering. I don't wanna see any noodling until after all her shapes and limbs are elegant and pleasantly proportioned. It's much easier to achieve a good result if you don't have to go back and second guess anything in the middle of the rendering process too. And sometimes stuff doesn't work, and it needs to be repainted, better to realize that at the sketch stage, right?

So yeah, keep working on it, its rewarding to see how you're progressing. Not long ago getting to this stage would have taken you ages. Now you did it in i dunno how long.. 1 hour after your photoshop crashed? I'll be looking over your shoulder every step of the way on this one, It's gonna be a portfolio piece, and an awesome one at that.

Cya tomorrow litol spoon!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Slash For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast