Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

the Church of Scientology’s "Psychiatry: An Industry of Death" Museum

Just thought people might want a break from their easels and/or schooling to have a bit of a giggle:

http://www.catsandbeer.com/science/f...f-death-museum

Excerpt:
    What is psychiatry?

Psychiatry is a fake science practiced by evil, money-obsessed no-gooders at the root of a secret, global conspiracy whose goal seems to be to either take over the world or to destroy it (I’m not exactly clear which).

Psychiatrists have been behind history’s worst human rights atrocities including 9/11 (!!!!), Apartheid, all genocide, the Columbine shootings, AND the Jewish Holocaust.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    God I hate Scientology.

Maybe it's just because I spent a lot of time studying psychology, or maybe it's just because I was clinically depressed for eight years--until I went on medicine, then my life took a giant turn for the better. Maybe it's just because all of the scientologists I've known have been assholes who were told they were crazy and needed to go on medication, then decided they would join Scientology to avoid it. (Seriously, if a psychiatrist tells you're batshit insane, PLEASE go on medication. P-L-E-A-S-E.)

. . . You know what, it's not even that complicated. It's because Scientology is a load of crock. There, I said it.
    Let's do this.

Thanks
    hahaha. i found it funny when it said "the Jewish Holocaust"

well at least they were only behind the JEWISH holocoust, and didn't touch the slavic, gypsy, russian, bellorussian ones. thank god scientology haha.

i find it funny in the sense that the paragraph was going on a huge blaming spree, and got all conservative with the last point and let all the other types of holocaust off the hook for now.

edit: btw, i think that was a joke article, it probably wasn't real.

Thanks
    "Psychiatry: An Industry of Death" museum. Seriously, he won’t shut up about the thing.
    Not being able to shut up and speaking in terms of grandiosity is usually the hallmark of manic depression. I think he needs to see a psychologist.

I think that museum just reinforces the fact about how insane people are.
    My New Neglected Sketchbook
    You Ain't no Nina!.....

"Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- John Fitzgerald Kennedy
    "My mind is made up. Don't confuse it with facts." -- Terence McKenna

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSeRider View Post
    I think that museum just reinforces the fact about how insane people are.
    A fairly special trait of humanity is to always prove how stupid it is. As nature says "Ok we get it, you're all idiots" leave it to someone to respond "No no, let me show you just how stupid we can be".
    My work: [link]

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavel Sokov View Post
    edit: btw, i think that was a joke article, it probably wasn't real.
    Unfortunately, it was a blog. The place exists.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/sto...d45be37b85&k=0
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychia...ustry_of_Death
    http://www.amazon.com/Psychiatry-Ind.../dp/B000P8CMAI
    Last edited by aea; May 8th, 2008 at 02:13 PM.

Thanks
    I really like the entrance they give Tom Cruise in this video. He's crazy too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_...eature=related

Thanks

Thanks
    I was wondering when the scieno/anony fight would reach CA......

Thanks
    Wasn`t the founder of Scientology kicked out of one of the major occult covens ? Maybe he can`t get over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae
    "Art is the physical result of your soul battling with your intellect to the death...with a sharp pencil..."
    THE AUSTRIAN SKETCHLORDS
    Baron Carnifex
    Duke Corky

Thanks
    I think I have found an American museum more insane than the Creation Museum in Kentucky.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Orunitier View Post
    I was wondering when the scieno/anony fight would reach CA......
    Its been bubbling under the surface for a while now, and occasionally is mentioned in some of the bigger sketchbooks if you know where to look.
    Do you Mentler?

Booting up a new sketchbook.

Thanks
    I agree, I don't like Scientology but they may have a point about psychology, I don't like the idea that there are pharmaceuticals in my drinking water from people taking drugs for every godamn fucking thing known to psychiatrists....half the shrinks I know are looneys themselves, so yeah....I think it's a dumb industry....
    ---- -
    sehertu mannu narāṭu ina pānāt šagapīru ningishzidda
    abrahadabra

Thanks

Thanks
    Attacking a crazy cult is stupid as hell?
    Sketchbook
    Looking for mentor

Thanks
    It is hilariously so. But see, rather you believe it or not, if you had seen the hideous hemotoma of retarded children that makes up /b/, then you would realize that this is probably the smartest thing they've done.

In other words:
    For me, the fact that someone is protesting Scientology isn't interesting. Hell, protesting is lame and I know it. When Cindy Sheehan protest, as justified as she might be, she looks retarded. When /b/ protests, they look only slightly less retarded. But just the fact they did something is really frickin' awesome to me. Its like if, at the end of 1984, the proles rose up and kicked big brother's ass.

That's why I get excited. I'm probably making too much of this, but I really do think this is an important leap in the development of internet culture.
    Do you Mentler?

Thanks
    And you know, thank Satan I live in a country where freedom of religion is respected and honored...
    ---- -
    abrahadabra

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Naomi Ningishzidda View Post
    And you know, thank Satan I live in a country where freedom of religion is respected and honored...
    Check out the links. A large portion of it is a pyramid scheme. Huge sums of money (300k to go up to OT 8) must be paid to get promoted inside the cult. People who proselytize are rewarded with money. Plus apostates of the cult are branded as SPs. In addition to being shunned by all members of the church (which under certain circumstances could mean never seeing your family again) they can and have harassed the crap out of defectors.

This is without even touching the hard to believe stuff like Operation Snow White.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeom View Post
    Attacking a crazy cult is stupid as hell?
    Well, for me, I don't care how crazy their beliefs are: the Mormons and Wiccans are crazy too, but they don't hurt anybody. Its a bunch of general practices by the church that really get on my nerves

Also, I doubt he was refering to the idea of protesting, but more to the rule 1 and 2 breakage. Nerds walking into broad daylight wearing V mask and talking about epic fail guy is a wee bit much for me too.
    Last edited by Zaxser; May 8th, 2008 at 10:56 PM.
    Do you Mentler?

Thanks
    Well I'm worried about judging an organization without firsthand experience, as you may or may not know I am a Satanist and I am painfully aware of how misrepresented we are as much of a scattered and wolfish clan we are....we still arn't the baby sacrificers and black cat murderers the public makes us out to be at all.

I would imagine Scientology attracts mentally unstable people because they oppose the factually abusive psychiatric system, and that's bound to cause some problems.

Hell, Tom Cruise is brilliant, he doesn't harass me, and I don't see anyone knocking on my door telling me to join Scientology, so for right now I'm just going to stay out of their business, it looks like trouble to me but it's live and let live for this chica...

I think they're wrong to allow these things to go on though, there should be some statement made where they agree not to support individuals who carry out acts of terrorism, but who's to say who's pulling the strings.

I feel like once an organization gets really large it becomes very unpredictable and difficult for anyone to control and allow for good choices to come forward. That's just chaos...and who in the hell named Scientology?

It has nothing to do with science!!!

---- -
    abrahadabra

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Naomi Ningishzidda View Post
    Well I'm worried about judging an organization without firsthand experience, as you may or may not know I am a Satanist and I am painfully aware of how misrepresented we are as much of a scattered and wolfish clan we are....we still arn't the baby sacrificers and black cat murderers the public makes us out to be at all.

I would imagine Scientology attracts mentally unstable people because they oppose the factually abusive psychiatric system, and that's bound to cause some problems.

Hell, Tom Cruise is brilliant, he doesn't harass me, and I don't see anyone knocking on my door telling me to join Scientology, so for right now I'm just going to stay out of their business, it looks like trouble to me but it's live and let live for this chica...

I think they're wrong to allow these things to go on though, there should be some statement made where they agree not to support individuals who carry out acts of terrorism, but who's to say who's pulling the strings.

I feel like once an organization gets really large it becomes very unpredictable and difficult for anyone to control and allow for good choices to come forward. That's just chaos...and who in the hell named Scientology?

It has nothing to do with science!!!

That's completely understandable. I was interested in Satanism for a period of time, but I've always found it sort of like eclectic Buddhism: it's interesting and makes a lot of sense to me, but doesn't really strain my participation, so I never got too involved.

For me, I'm interested in the Scientology raids, but not deeply involved. I honestly think it is an important event in the history of the internet and I think Anonymous's cause is socially just. Plus the pictures of protesters have been very interesting.

L Ron Hubbard (the science fiction writer) founded and named Scientology. Early entrants into the church usually are put under the impression that Scientology is an alternative to psychology rather than a religion.
    Do you Mentler?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    This is stupid as hell
    I bet you remember when /b/ was good.
    "Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckWeisel View Post
    I bet you remember when /b/ was good.
    Made me laugh Dr. Pepper up my nose.

( /b/ was never good )
    My work: [link]

Thanks
    Hell I would hate being in Scientology, the religion sounds like the godamned boyscouts or something...but still, to each their own...I'm really serious about that...
    ---- -
    abrahadabra

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxser View Post
    That's completely understandable. I was interested in Satanism for a period of time, but I've always found it sort of like eclectic Buddhism: it's interesting and makes a lot of sense to me, but doesn't really strain my participation, so I never got too involved.
    Wait, is the Satanism you are talking about is the same as the anti-Christ devil thingy?

The first time I read a Christian leaflet I thought it was pretty interesting, until it mentioned religion with figure idols being fake religions. It looked pretty deliberate to emphasize it in a leaflet giving out in a largely Buddhist country where many people got sort of a Buddha figure of some kind. The satanism and Buddhism connection you talked about might play a part here.

(or maybe I misunderstood the whole thing, in that case I'm sorry)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by enrigo View Post
    Wait, is the Satanism you are talking about is the same as the anti-Christ devil thingy?

The first time I read a Christian leaflet I thought it was pretty interesting, until it mentioned religion with figure idols being fake religions. It looked pretty deliberate to emphasize it in a leaflet giving out in a largely Buddhist country where many people got sort of a Buddha figure of some kind. The satanism and Buddhism connection you talked about might play a part here.

(or maybe I misunderstood the whole thing, in that case I'm sorry)
    Satanism was a religion started by Anton LeVay. The Hebrew meaning of Satanism being roughly "Antagonist." I guess you could interpret it as a sort of ritualized egoism. If you use any p2p programs at all, you should be able to easily find a copy of the satanic bible for free, if you're really curious. Or check out the most reliable source on the interwebz. Just to be clear: LeVay thought people who thought they could really summon demons and shit were daffy.

As for Buddhism, it can be a sort of dogmatized belief structure, often with Buddha as god and it comes in a variety of flavors, some including idol worship. Or a Buddhist can just refer to someone who follows the teachings of Saddharta. (Who said himself that he was not a god and was fairly non dogmatic.)

Do some research on your own if you're really curious and want high accuracy though- I only half remember this stuff.
    Do you Mentler?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Made me laugh Dr. Pepper up my nose.

( /b/ was never good )

Haha, /b/ is ten thousand lights having a conversation with himself.

Thanks
    The thing is that psychiatry does deserve alot of criticism. And there are people that get subscribed the wrong medications, or are institutionalized because of wrong diagnosing, and are suffering because of it. This has been ongoing critizism from several organisations sinds the sixties I think.

And then Scientology picks it up, making everything look retarded and blown up.

ps: About the holocaust, alot of psychatrists where held accountable for genocide during the Nuremberg trials. Here is a research paper about the subject. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...?dopt=Abstract
    "Master storytellers never explain. They do the hard, painfully creative thing-- they dramatize"

Sketchbook

Thanks
    I'm not sure about the whole scientology thing but I did watch the movie Psychiatry: An Industry of Death.

I looked at some of my clients on psychiatric meds (i'm a personal trainer) and slowly got them off of medication they thought they needed. As time went by I taught them how to eat and live healthier without psychotropic meds, there lives have drastically improved and they realized NOTHING was ever wrong with them in the first place, they just lived unhealthy lives with bad habits.

This video changed my life and the lives of my clients for the better. I highly recommend everyone at least give this film a chance.
    blog

Quote Originally Posted by Vhan juju
    I don't know what happend to guys like you gruve24, but whatever it is, it sure has a way of destroying hearts...

31. The Following User Says Thank You to gruve24 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    You think you're qualified to tell people to stop taking their medication because you saw a movie. I can't even think of something sarcastic to say about that. That's just fucking irresponsible.

Eric
    www.WhereIsMyEyeball.com My portfolio! Go check it out!
    Sketchbook

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 0kelvin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    The anti-psychiatst movement is a very mportant part of the whole system, to keep it in "balance" so to speak. They rise important issues especially when psychiatry is used for political or criminal purposes. For example, in Russia, psychiatry is commonly used by lawyers to bail out murderers in court, sice they are not to be treated guilty and have a miraculous remission after just a few months. (in my view, psychology does not belong into court, since most judges have no idea how much of a guessing-game a psychiatrical diagnosis often is.)
    In fact, psychiatry is a branch of medicine that is very vulnerable to violation of human rights, since often it implies a detainment-character.

On top of that, we often have a paternalistic view on the side of the psychiatrists that still is incorporated within the medical culture (the title of a doctor, for example that implies a scholastic background is essential for a medical practitioner). So indeed a lot of psychiatrists I met are pretty arrogant and are not giving insight about the treatment they are conducting. That gets better though, since there's more and more statistical (oh, the irony!) evidence that psychoeducation has a positive ifluence on the course of a mental illness. In germany in particular we have a system that indeed the biggest assholes are giving the biggest chance to become doctors (All those with the best grades in school come to study medicine, and I don't mean good grades, that you get by learning and thinking but I mean top grades that you get by cramming and asslicking, as always there's exceptions,so I don't mean you )

Btw, there is a difference between psychologists and psychiatrists (Often not in the attitude, psychologists can be pretty arrogant themselves) since psychiatrists are the ones that are allowed to prescribe medicine.

I could critique away how fucking horrible the psychiatric system is right now, pathological over-diagnosing, shady hospital-practitioners, utterly unprofessional treatment by ll kinds of professions (everybody is a Psychologist, no?), vast ammount of "treatments" that call themselves psychological witout any methodological background (e.g. tree-hugging-therapy, rebirthing, etc)
    cultural and political bias with definition of disorders ("treating" homosexuality until within the 70ties, upcoming of "fashion"-diseases that come up and soon fade away again, like multiple personality disorder, that had a big mpact in the 80ties but is diagnosed very rarely if at all today.)

Yeah, it's really scary when you think of it...

BUT, there have been times before psychiatry and imho it is one of the false idealizations of 19th century where poets have written about the village-idiot that has a divine status and ges treated like a child.
    Until the 18th century in europe, families were holding their mentally ill relatives like animals bound to a chain in some small dark room in the cellar, since nobody should see this disgrace of the family.

i agree that pills are not always neccessary, but sometimes it is the case, that patients don't want to change their lifestyles, they don't want to have psychotherapy and actively work on their problems, so pharmacy at least helps those people. In that regard I can see how your advice was beneficial, gruve24. But your actions were more than irresponsible still, how can you judge wether a person needs his medication and wther he doesn't? Give a chronic schizophrenic the advice to never take his pills and he'll go crazy. It's like talkign to an alcoholic and saying that a glass of wine a day is still okay, you're judging from your own point of view and have no idea how much harm your advice can do.

Anyways, Scientology has nothing meaningful to add, all that their tions do is seeding more confusion in a field that is already complicated enough

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast