Page 6 of 270 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Hey dude!

Your figures and understanding is getting even more solid yet...the last page with a man and woman sitting down...from reference or from your head? You are also placing some nice 'landmarks' on them which adds a lot to the realism...such as nicely formed knees, elbow suggestions etc.

Also think about suggesting the 'iliac crest of the pelvis' (looked it up for ya!), and perhaps emphasizing your feet a little more...sometimes they seem so simple and yet can have interesting shape.

With your colored piece I think it suffers from too many heavy darks...it doesnt encourge as much eye movement, or depth, or focal point as strongly as it could. Try and lighten the BG trees and see how much your character will pop out. Good start

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,193 Times in 1,969 Posts
    Kilon:Thank you very much!!!

Jakers:Thnx pal .I will try to make some experiments with it .By the way when i use references i write a notice next to the sketch (all my works are non-ref, and thats a goal)It doesnt mean that my understand came from nowhere, but from good observation and memorization

Thnx for support guys

Thanks

Quick update!!!!

i try to work until my head blows up!!!I need to become better so i draw and draw and draw again and again.Now i am a little into making my coloring skills better.Focusing in hard full opacity(some with some less opacity) brushes.
    I am a noob lvl in this one, so i will keep studying ways to improve as fast as i can.
    Update!!! thnx for support guys

If i had a drawing tablet this was gonna be easier to succeed
    see ya

Thanks
    hey man really good work as allways. It is a real tragedy that you dont have a tablet. In your first post you made the comment that you wanted to get into Video games. Video game concept requires several different skills, you are doing great at character design but I think with your understanding of volume and form you could do some really brilliant three-quarter view environment studies. These are environment shots that really explore the game-play space from a functional angle. Give it a shot I bet you would do really well.
    For Science- Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Thank you Forscience .Ok you will allow me to finish a certain amount of training in coloring and then ill try out what you said.It sounds interesting
    Thnx for support guys i will soon upload more of my nooby color studies

see ya

Thanks
    impressive progress here! keep following your path with the studies, and focus on the facial planes

keep it up!
    Last edited by Hyver; September 16th, 2008 at 09:38 AM. Reason: typo
    WEED TORTURE WIN
    www.hyver.com -()- sketch thread

Thanks

Coloring study update!!!!also sketchies

Ok ok i am glad i have more supporters in my sketchbook that gives me more power to continue!!!
    Here my continuous coloring study(i achieved to learn how alt works to make nice graduation)
    Also some sketchies here...
    Hyver:Thank you very much , i will finish some of my coloring studies and then i will balanced do the studies(what you and forscience told me )

thnx for support guys!!!

Thanks
    WOW those are quite an improvement , it is a big step. Keep going , I really like the last ones. With color you need to understand shadow and light better , you have very dark and very saturated areas in you colors , but as usual I love your choice of colors.

I see better anatomy and better lines , quite good.
    So you think , that you are a noob ? Wait till you see my sketchbook.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=135839

If you want something better then listen to my music

http://www.soundclick.com/kilon

Thanks

Tiny update!!!

I am studying studying studying studying and hoping to understand better how color works.

Kilon:
    Thnx man , i did the saturation like that to make a greater contrast, but i have to keep studying and realize how color works.Thnx for the comment

Ok lets make a little update...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,011 Times in 643 Posts
    The cube is the best
    Try using just the normal hard brush laying down everything then blending
    It looks much more solid that way because right now things are looking muddy
    Check out bumskee's digital painting thread in the photoshop sub forum it helps tons and there alot more thread to help in therre
    Keep it up!

Thanks
    The first coloring of the creature was done by that way.I know it may dont seems like that cause of the level adjugment i did.The other was an experiment to understand some mases.Need to study more and more
    Thnx for the comment lil

Thanks

Tiny!!!!!!!!!!

ok just a tiny update.I am still working with color and i make some research thing .
    That seems real enough i think.I know it may not be as intresting as to see the blocked colors but i wanna be able to make something like that when i need this kind of color.(please excuse the equipment and the hands as i didnt gave that attention to these parts, thnx )

(ill soon upload more , i have ready but not scanned)work work work work work work!!!!

Thanks
    Really nice colors in you digital paintings! And the Blood Monk (end of page 2) sketch is really dynamic - the rendering is great too.

Thanks
    cool perspective studies. i like that post #69 large bird-thing, seems like it would be good for a painting, keep it up

my sketchbook: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=128243

Thanks
    This is a thoroughly interesting sketch book to look at. Its great to see the progress you ar making. great work! keep at it!
    Craig Bruyn
    Concept Artist / Toy Designer
    Melbourne Australia

My Sketch Thread

My Blog

Page 6 of 270 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast