Page 39 of 311 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 89 139 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,190 Times in 1,969 Posts
    Here a damn fast animation

These are some minor training series i am doing here and there to gain experience points in motion,time and understanding, even if they come out abstract

see ya

(EDIT: Added a quick doodle )

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by kingkostas; May 11th, 2009 at 10:31 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    That armored man with little creature looks good. But still i strongly advise to you to be aware of that sharpening. Less of it will do the trick.

Good luck.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Diverse For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hi again! I rally like the blue kig with that little alien...so cute
    and the red spaceship as well...
    for now I have nothing to advise you
    just keep working!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalim For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Great sprites. And for the rest I would recommend putting a bit more texture.
    Kind regards,
    Khan

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kan Muftić For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Diverse-Thnx for pointing out mate!!! I have to work harder
    Kalim-Thank you for throwing encouragement !!!
    Chupacabra-Thank you very much Sir .I try to figure out how you guys make these awesome texture strokes(its not as simple as just putting texture to a brush)

I have to work more more more more more more
    here some warm up study.Quick

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 714 Posts
    I like your light conception and your characters are so nice. I have your same problem, have to work more with textures.
    In the picture of the guy and the little alien, i would fix the contrast to give him a harder lighting.
    Great Sketchbook sir

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ricardo Robles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    dude you are doing it i see , keep this passe!

You were saying something when you dropped by about "NO lifting training" , i wold like to know more about that

cheers!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Giorge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I haven't looked over your whole sketchbook (It is LOOOOONG, wow!) but from what I have looked at, you've REALLY imporved. Those anatomical studies are really paying off, and it's amazing how you just kept at them, and kept at them, and kept at them. It's really reflecting in what you're able to do without references.

I'll try to give more specific commentary/critique next time. Keep at it!

Constructive Criticism welcomed at My Sketchbook!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Taven For This Useful Post:

Thanks

THE NO-LIFTING Training Series

Ricardo Robles-Thank you very much for critique and encouragement !!!
    Giorge-Thnx mate!!! Ok i will explain some here.

<------------THE NO-LIFTING training series----------->
    1. Easy
    2. Normal
    3. Hardcore

You may noticed in some of my studying papers that i wrote about what kind of training i do, for example i may write (Hardcore Training series etc.)

This is a system i developed,to make the studying part interesting and self-motivating.
    You will say why i am not going straight into the subject and i am saying all these outer things.Well the whole system is a base if you want the trainings to work on their best.

What i did? I simply "play" the most fabulus game in the whole universe ("LIFE")
    Imagine that every aspect of your art category skills have some levels.If you can find a way to raise these levels you will achieve better skills=better art and knowledge.
    Now imagine that from every drawing(from a single line-to a whole piece,even from life things like sex,cooking etc ) you earn experience(logical).

Now take that experience down and analyze it.
    A good and serious study gives you a lot of experience

A random study without memorizing anything(like just copying from a anatomy book) will give you a small amount of experience

A no ref study(serious) will give you a lot of experience because you work your mind and memory.

All things run like that.Its logical
    Ok even if there are a lot more to say about the whole system i will skip them here because i am sure i already tired you

No-lifting training series is something i did after i made a research on the works of Alexandro pascenko(dont know if i wrote it well).I saw that his characters have a nice flow quick and simple but yet powerful.So i had to find out how to get this ability myself to add it to my skillset.

The process is simple.For the first levels (Easy) get a page of paper and without lifting your pencil form "abstract" but logical anatomy figures.(You can use pencil pressure so that you do the non importan lines less visible)
    You must also do this a quick work because thats how it will give you the most experience.
    (EXAMPLE: start drawing a circle go down forming the most importan masses of torso pelvis etc. so that it will seem human if you want to do human)
    Now the sketchs in the Easy level may seem to abstract but as you raise this skill you will obtain something unique that will let you form quick and accurate body masses.(add that this will also help you in animation).

So for this level just pick your pencil and no eraser at all and do your trainings.If you feel very comfortable with it then go to normal level adding equipment or anything extra.
    You can do it for warm up or a quick morning excersize or before bed or anytime.

Sorry for this huge text post. If you want more things tell me !!!

Thnx for supporting!!!

Thanks
    Taven-Thank you very much !!!

Ok here i did some quick rendering studies getting some little experience.
    I feel tired right now and i didnt had the mood actually.I am rethinking the way that i must take now so that i can be able to work for a game company(and become full-time)and make my way to the next step.
    I mean i think of going back to my design and game concept works and studies or keep up with illustration.Actually its the second one
    Lol i think i talk with nosense

See ya tommorow

Thanks
    I really liked the blue and yellow character with the visor and his friend! Awesome

I'm always not sure exactly what to work on in order to get what result - illustration...concepting...studies. Though, its all related so don't stress. Just make sure you feel challenged, and you are finding ways to fix whatever problem it is...say myself and my simple - cant draw 3D that well problem!

Are you looking to make portfolio pieces right now? If you want to make more illustrations, take some of your best concepted characters and do something with them! Sometimes, I look back on my work and find one or two good ideas...that I just didn't know what to do with yet. Otherwise, branch out to some environment studies if you're bored of characters.

You also do a lot of sci-fi, perhaps take some other genres and study up on those instead.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    haha , sounds interesting , but why do so much research , when you can put that time into drawing , i say draw draw draw, if you put 13 or more hours a day in your drawings , it's no way in the universe you won't evolve , "no lifting" i get it now , i used to call it a quickie , because i use it in my sketches usually , just go with the flow of the line , but drawing can not be teached , drawing is a natural process , and everybody has a different drawing stile , but most don't know , and they spend more time trying to understand how other do it , then just doing it themselves , if you force yourself do take an a cretin stile of drawing/painting , it will look how it is , unnatural and unfit in the character(artist) . Someone's style could look good , and respond to your eyes and feelings when you look at it , but nota bene , that person put lots of hard time into his drawing , that's why it has that effect on the viewer ... i don't have a closing for this so... see ya

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Giorge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Jakers-Thnx mate!!! .Well i do all these studies getting experience in color and how it works.Yes now i do a lot of sci fi cause by doing studies i immediately load things to my personal project Asset .I will go back to fantasy some time(i did fantasy for my whole life, so i will get the interest fast enough )
    Giorge-Well thats depend on me.I actually enjoy researching everything and thats also importan for me because i dont only wanna be concept artist.I have a bigger dream of becoming a game designer myself.
    Anyway btw i wanna make clear that when i talk about watching and understanding some other artists i dont mean to learn how to draw like them, but just get as much as you can from what you see to put it to your aid.I hate copy myself and thats why i use references so seldom.Its something that noone can change on me now ;P

Anyway thnx for the support all of you
    Here another study from ref-at least the pose
    I have to understand some more things here and there
    See ya

Page 39 of 311 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 89 139 ... LastLast
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside
Register

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook