Sketchbook: Sketchbook 2011-!!!2011 HERE we go (page 91 COLOSSAL UPDATE) :) ---> - Page 30
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 30 of 134 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Thread: Sketchbook 2011-!!!2011 HERE we go (page 91 COLOSSAL UPDATE) :) --->

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good recent updates , the environments in particular. got a "guild wars" kinda feel to them.
    Im with lyno, looking forward to the big dump

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonas_J For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 672 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nice stuff man! Especially like the enviro a bit back there.. the turqoise and the yellow and red tones really gives it a feeling. Keep it up!

Do what you love ~ Love what you do
    Sketchbook|Blog|DeviantArt

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DefiledVisions For This Useful Post:

kingkostas is offline Train to help world with art someday...
    Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,961 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    !!!INTERNET CONNECTION PROBLEM!!!(lasted so much)
    Ok now i am back to normal finally so i will upload the colossal today and some other things.
    THnx for supporting even when i was away

NOW BACK TO NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will reply in the next post

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really nice enviros. Great sketchbook.

Keep it up!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Spaggen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fumble-Thank you very much mate
    Taven-Thank you mate,accurate as always.Well about the chest, its because in the first pose i wanted to make the body lean backwards in the depth,and then i made a semi pose changing,and BOOM here we go with the fault
    B-Man-Thanx mate!!!!Now that my connection is back i will return to my usual
    Giorge-Thnx for encouraging mate .I will keep working!!!
    Lyno-Thnx lyno ,i will upload it now
    Braintree-hehehe you got it mate.I am a big fan of Daniel dociu(tinfoil)He achieves great mood and structure.
    DefiledVisions-Thnx mate !!!
    Spaggen-Thanks for visiting mate !!!

Ok finally i got my connection back and i can now upload the more than more than colossal and start my training on the classic rythm(i still have some uni exams but anyway)

Ok almost everything is No ref as usual(i just indicate which ones have refs.I have it on a bubble or something)

They are not very clear because
    1.it will take time to make the level adgudjments
    2.because i made some false shadings with my hand because i am left handed in the level adgugment i have to lose a lot of lines to make it white

Anyway here we go(also some bonus things i did when i hadnt internet )

SEE YA ALL,AND THNX FOR MOTIVATING ME!!!!!!!!!

Attached Images Attached Images                                                                                                                                        
    Last edited by kingkostas; September 10th, 2009 at 12:20 PM.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

MacTire is offline pencil pushing blotter jotter Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    NICE!

Some great concepts here kingkostas!! Really like the "inhabitants" with the tapered legs and the guy with the riot shield shoulderpads!!

Man you really know what to do with a poor internet connection!!
    Excellent stuff!!

No need to thank me for the motivation, I should be thanking you! All this progress is really motivating!!

Keep up the good work!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MacTire For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thnx mac
    Ok you may need to check it again because while you posted the comment i added more and more.
    See ya

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh snap! just opened the sketchbooks page and saw you posted , and remembered you said something in your last post , something about a mega post , this is truly nice , congrats on the post!

I see your pencils are catching up to your digital , and that's major . I always say that you can cheat with painting but you can never cheat with drawing. The digital stuff's also nice , like the color one .

cheers! and great to have you back on the horse ^^!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Giorge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,121 Times in 394 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Great stuff in the update, I particularly like all your suites of sci fi armour, look really cool.

Keep up the good work.

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Stoat View Post
    I would like to hike to the North Pole. I have a shoe and a ham sandwich. What do I do next?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Choob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

GREEEEAAT update dude ! i see so much fun in those sketches

awesome work on creating those costumes and design

it makes me more motivated to have fun in drawing

18. The Following User Says Thank You to zou For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WTF!!! This isnt a big dump, this is the mother of monsterdumps!!! Love the drawings! pleas paint the middle discharger.
    Mahalo bor! Im glad youll be posting on a regular basis.

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

20. The Following User Says Thank You to B-Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Giorge-Thnx mate !!!
    Yowza-Thank you very much mate
    zou-I am glad i offered some motivation ,keep going comrade
    B-Man-hehe thnx mate , i will try to do it in the next rendering training

Ok here some anatomy testings,and a character | Tribalis/Exoplanet immigrant
    This is an interesting race(the whole tribalis) in my project(they use new tech but they also keep old tech as symbols and such).I mean they keep traditions even after they abandoned earth.
    I have collected a nice amount of concepts for my personal project but i am still unsure on some vital points,but anyway all will clear up as i keep building it in my mind and papers.

No refs etc.
    See ya all and thankies!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your studies/quick anatomy sketches are looking great. The one sketch with the large head fading away reminds me of Wes Burt's art, style and medium wise, though not exactly of course. For your "no ref/testing" page, you need some more work. While it's waaaay better then what I can do, there are things to be improved. For example, the standing guy's legs are not proportional (not to mention a lack of other parts, but I think you know that ) For the kneeling version of the guy, his torso is too thick compared to the rest of him.

The close up pf the face of the exo-planet bio engineer is really awesome. In the smaller full-sketch, the weapon he's holding looks off. In the next, I'm really noticing your crosshatching, and it's really nice: Was this done on the computer, or with an actual pencil? It looks like real pencil, and the cross hatching is pretty sweet.

Your exoplanet immigrant tribal's torso seems off. Maybe because it's a little thick in comparison to the arms? Something I've noticed about your work is that you have torsos that are well done, but don't always quiet seem to fit in with the rest of the body. Though, again, way better then me and something that I think needs tweaking more then anything else.

The robot suit guy should have his leg armor going up higher on the sides, because based on leg length and crotch position, where his legs attach to his torso would be higher up, and he wouldn't be able to bend them right the way they are. Otherwise, if the leg armor is correct, then the legs look stubby... Unless they're suppose to look stubby.

Your faces are really impressive, by the way. I don't think I mentioned that, but you've really got the face part of things down. All of your faces are good, and I don't really have any criticisms for them.

In the same picture with "flow" and the woman leaning back and holding her arms out, the legs once again look wrong on the guy-- But I think I know the reason. It seems to me the legs are at a much more severe angle, or "bird's eye view" then the rest of the body, if that makes sense.

For the villian-type woman with the thigh high boots and the crazy thong (the front view), her breasts look a little far apart. Unless the outfit is specificly lifting and seperating them, I think they should be spaced a little closer together.

Your demons are pretty darn awesome. I think you should add demonic design decoration to the loincloths! Also, I don't know if it's intentional or not, but because the demon guardian has a small head in comparison to the body, it makes him look less intelligent and mentally capable (though certainly the muscles would be a great deterant!)

GAAAAAAH. You just keep going and going! You're like the energizer bunny. It's amazing! And it's making my brain hurt, too. How do you DO it?!

I refuse to comment on anything else until my brain has recovered.

Constructive Criticism welcomed at My Sketchbook!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Taven For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Taven-Thanks mate !!!.Well the mission of the quick anatomy posings is to be able to create "good" poses with anatomy as good as it can be in that small section of time.That gives me the opportunity to create a huge amount of bodies and hide a lot of unessecary anatomy(even faults) with equipment.If the equipment cant hide it, i simply start make small fixings in the anatomy(but only when i really want to finish something/i still havent done that hahahahahah).You are right about some relations.Damn while some of them may become like that because i dont face the paper straight ahead but with an angle,actually i have to understand some things about some parts.I research it and i hope i will manage to see some vital shapes where i need them.You got it with the demon.Actually i wanted the defender to look exactly like that.Othern than that i used the "Shape deformation" in the beginning to indicate special character.What i mean? I mean that in the pose sketch i put a abnormal big torso and elements that give him the characteristics you saw.

Enough essay
    Here something i forgot to put up yesterday.So i will start with these today then i think i will do the discharger(if i manage to find the time,cause i have to do something non art related).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, man, you've posted so many great sketches!! I'm inspired! These three are definitely my favorites: The smiling person with the helmet The horned demon The armor suit

--
    Paper Nautilus
    Sketchblog
    CA Sketchbook
    Twitter
    DeviantArt page

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.
    -Mary Hollinshead

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Cacodaemonia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fantastic updates dude!! your pencil stuff is really rocking!.

My sketchbook:
    Fumble

My brothers sketchbook:
    Braintree

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil_J. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, my brain hurts all over again just looking at this. Seriously, energizer bunny. Totally know what you mean about "shape deformation" to create character, as evident in your demons. Eh, let's see... The goggle man looks like he needs broader shoulders, proportionally, though since only his torso/head is really sketched, it's sort of hard to tell for sure.

The guy next to him is at a slight bird's-eye-view angle. I'd actually recommend practicing drawing characters "straight on" since that view tends to try to sneak into your other views. The last guy has a cool outfit on pose, but the pectorial armor should be bigger. Right now the size makes him look disporportional, and if his shoulders weren't forewards but back in a normal stance, the pectoral armor would look too small and out of place. You can fix this by making it bigger, and leaving some of it concealed by the arms.

I really like the next image with the guy saying "no ref," his face, like most if not all of your faces, is very good. Also, I love the negitive and positive space created by the hand on his shoulder-- Good job with that, hands are hard.

The sketched out dude who is just getting an outfit looks good so far, however, the hand resting on his abdomen looks like an intentional held position, rather then relaxed and set there. This may be exactly what you're going for (hard to tell when it's not done!), but if it isn't, now you know.

Your quick computer sketches need work in different ways. The demon wo/man is of questionable gender, and has very long arms. The one lady has an awesome start to a butt with the globe in it (very realistic actually, that portion), but the rest is not proportional to it. I think you probably know most of this, these ARE quick sketches, after all.

With the colored mutated guy, I think your angles are a little bit off again (angles meaning perspective), in the ways previously mentioned. Cool coloring, though. I hope he gets a background, too, because that would be sweet.

Yep. All for now.

--Taven

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Taven For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your first post yesterday is all kinds of awesome; Really beautiful and interesting sketches and doodles, and all well constructed too. I also really like the design, both the shapes and colours on the Tribalis/Exoplanet immigrant.

Your characters earlier, and the environments in August are very strong too - lots of improvement all round. Well done.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Puck For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ooh man this is so strong. The last few updates are so amazing. Great colors. Love the violet arm

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Sebastian Wagner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy shit, dude! Epic pencil dump!

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Sublimus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cacodaemonia-Thanks mate .Thnx for encouraging
    Fumble-Thank you very much mate
    Taven-THnx mate.In the previous post i think you asked something about cross-hatch.All these were made with pencils and only some of them with ink,but none digital.Btw the page containing the man with the googles and such was totally off right .I was thinking if i had to upload it or not,but anyway it had some ideas on it.Thnx for these.
    Puck-Thank you Puck !!!
    Noro-Thank you very much
    Sublimus-I think i made it a tradition for me,everytime i go to my hometown for a lot of days,i come back with pencil works .Thank you

Ok i am very sorry that i dont upload anything(i did a couple of things+the discharger,but they look bad so no point uploading them).Tiring day today and not because of work but because of some social things.Sometimes working is less tiring.
    I have to try a lot harder, understanding a lot more vital things and try to fix whatever you all find out.I promise i am gonna burn my skills.
    You are all awesome and i am very lucky to have mates like all of you supporting me.
    Thanks
    Goodnight from greece

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok i am working on this one for now.
    No ref etc.
    See ya all

(edit:added a small update)

Last edited by kingkostas; September 12th, 2009 at 07:13 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice composition

but the parallel line to the botton border of the canvas is a bit disturbing. perhaps you should change a bit the camera angle (since you're are in earlier stage)

good work on the earlier posts, nothing to crit

40. The Following User Says Thank You to zou For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks mate.I added some depth but i dont feel changing a lot, but i will keep building it till i am totally bored.I am already but i will fight it back.I will keep working it a little by little

See ya

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, no long commentary this time. Just wanted to say, cool composition, and that her chest looks off. One breast is much larger then the other, even allowing for perspective, and they look (to me), to be too far apart.

--Taven

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Taven For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Taven-Hehe i now, you see bad mood when working a piece is not a good thing .Thank for the crit and for coming so often mate

Ok guys finally after trying a lot of different non-saved studies today i think i managed to find out the key to the next level.
    I still have to stabilize it,and once again i promise i will try my best

No refs etc
    See ya all
    (EDIT:added another version "wider" ,wonder if it looks better with more space)
    (EDITk i will add some collections of the previous works,and i will post the same in the job section,and maybe i will be lucky to get a freelance job to make some money,lets try anyway...)

Last edited by kingkostas; September 13th, 2009 at 08:40 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice nice , that's very nice to see all of them gathered like that , gives you an idea of the level your at , and the big flaws in your work , the tumbs and wips look good , try to get some of them done ... that would be a nice sight to see . take care

46. The Following User Says Thank You to Giorge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Giorge-Thnx mate

Here some non-ref anatomy studies based on the hogarth system+ a character
    No ref etc

see ya

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 714 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    wow nice sketches!!! Love the exoplanet stuff!!
    #897 first character is top notch!

49. The Following User Says Thank You to Ricardo Robles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya,

For your aqua dude (at the top of the post with a bunch of your old works to present), I think that his outfit should be tweaked. The black harness covering his shoulders seems to cover the outfit like over the shoulders, but also serve as a neckline. I'd recommend making his skin-tight suit go past the "neck boarder" that the harness provides, because it doesn't seem quiet right.

The side of his outfit, the shoulders, have the interesting "bars" on them, or edging. They're cool, but the way they are painted doesn't seem to quiet fit the rest of the style, particularily the face-- They're to flimsy or see through maybe? I'm not sure.

I really like the way the face turned out a ton, and the concept is really neat (you never seem to lack for interesting concepts), though his face might be a bit too stark for the color scheme of the rest of the piece.

Hmm. Your anatomy studies make me jealous. In other words: Really good work. I'm sure there's flaws somewhere, but hey, looks good to me.

The guy with chains: What's behind him? I get the vauge impression that it's a nude female dancing backwards, but I don't think that's really true (and if it is, she really needs to be more developed/defined).

--Taven

51. The Following User Says Thank You to Taven For This Useful Post:

Page 30 of 134 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 399