Sketchbook: Sketchbook 2011-!!!2011 HERE we go (page 91 COLOSSAL UPDATE) :) ---> - Page 18
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 18 of 134 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 68 118 ... LastLast
    kingkostas is offline Train to help world with art someday...
    Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,961 Posts
    Follows
    Following

The cloudy valley-Captain king journal

I follow up my texture excersize with this enviroment.No ref(i know i am stuborn).

Made a cloud texture brush from a photo for the clouds.It really add to the scene

Anyway i have to sleep now.
    See ya all and thnx again !!!

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really nice stuff, mate! You can really see improvement here too, which is always good
    I'd try varying hues more when painting though, as not doing so tends to result in paintings becoming very lifeless and synthetic Doing so, though, does a great deal of good, adding life and that little spark it needs to get to the next level
    I really love that dark prince!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Iddi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As iddi said you've improved loads since you started this sketchbook which is awesome. Your latest looks good, i think it lacks the light for his shadow to be as strong as it is though.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Imaginary For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice, but that man in last one image is too big. Looks like he standing in front of wall drawing in his room.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Diverse For This Useful Post:

Janos is offline Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on Fu! Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like your digital style, its original and those little aliens are all kinds of cute.
    The enviros are also very nice, I think the enviro could be a little bigger though in comparison to the guy. When I first saw it without reference I thought the were ginourmous mountain ranges...

Cheers!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Janos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Iddi-Thank you very much !!!Yep you are right and i will keep studying until i find it
    Imaginary-Thnx for pointing out mate!!!
    Diverse-Lol now that you say it,you are right it seems like that .Thnx !!!!
    Janos-Yep you and diverse are right on this.Thnx mate!!!

Ok all these days i am very very busy with Uni assigments,volunteer game work,comic work etc so thats why i dont give much.

Here two quick characters i did today and i put them with the others to make a quick collections.Just to make a special team(concept)
    Anyway good night i have to study more more more more more more more more more more they are still weak.
    Thnx for the support!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here another quick character.
    Ok i have to make some research studies now and not simply keep up.
    I have to search some things about color theory and check some renderings of light and shadow.Then i think i will start to create some training piece using reference from here and there to make a composition and then change them alot.

See ya

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok i am still doing some studies of some individual concepts.getting some more experience on the rendering skills.
    See ya
    NO REF

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, it's been a little bit since I posted, but your sketchbook moves FAST! If you recall back to post 504 in the thread, that's where I'll be starting my critique and commentary from. In post 504, there is a sketch of a person in futeristic armor, crotching. I can't tell how much is off in his anatomy and how much is just the armor suit, but to make him look more correctly proportioned, his shoulders need to be broader, and his arms (and legs, I suppose) thicker. I also think that from the position he's in, instead of the "breastplate" (for lack of a better word) chunk of his armor needs to sort of "curve," in that right now the angle doesn't look right for how the lowerbody is positioned. I'm not sure if I described that well enough, but there you go.

In posy 507, it's cool to see your process and I'm not sure if it's the lack of armor, the different position or something else, but your anatomy is much better there. Are you going to present a "finished" version of that? It looks interesting, it makes me want to know the story behind the picture-- That's a really good thing, to be able to make a viewer hungry for more just from one art piece. Lorne Lanning talked about that some in his Keynote Adress at Reverie... I'll be sticking up notes in my sketchbook thread on that, when I finish rewriting them.

Dark Prince (Post 510) has some amazing textures and background, but I personally would like to see more of his face or something more to his figure. I can see trying for a shadoy mysterious approach, but I still think that could be done with more detail/focus on him. The colors are great, though, and the background really interesting and works for the piece.

I love the clouds on your landscapes, they're incredibly life-life. However, I'm not sure that they're right for the scene... Ignoring how the landscape flows into mist, and just looking at the clouds, it sort of looks like you're half-way through the sky. Normally, there would be a gap between the high fluffy clouds and the ground broken by clear sky. I'm not sure how the fog translates into that, or if when the landscape gets more blocked in/detailed if that will make it flow better. I'm actually SAD I have to say that the clouds might not be perfect, they're BEAUTIFUL. I'd love to see you play more with clouds in your landscapes. I also think the man's shadow is too big for the current amount of light, it's not that strong/directional from the impression I get, but more of a "grey day," so to speak.

I'm too lazy to give specific comments on your last few, but I like some of the angles you're exploring, etc. Also, despite all the tough critiquing here I think that you're really progressing in your art, and am STILL amazed at the volume you pump out, and effort you continue to put into it. It's easy to point out "flaws," and much harder to actually DO that good of a job!

All in all, keep at it!

Constructive Criticism welcomed at My Sketchbook!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Taven For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Taven-Wow mate you sure will become a great art critique. Very nice critiques and nice pointers.Everything you said is real and btw in some sketches i lose anatomy cause of speed painting.But ok i still need a lot of anatomy training myself anyway
    I will try to improve more and more i promise!!!

Thank you very much for this
    And of course thank all of you for supporting !!!

Here a speed i did a while ago.(WIP i will continue this) (NO REF)
    I feel it, i got a lot of experience from this even from this starting point.I also think i made my brush(i mean the brush that perfects me and my style)
    Anyway have to keep working it

The demon guardian shows the long road to hell to these travelers of the Deadworld

see ya!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn man , damn , that last one , looks grand , really like to see what you make of it , take it to a new level , ummm you might what to check the balance of those pole in the back , they are kinda leaning to the right

cheers m8

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Giorge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That creature with lots of sharp legs are great. Great concept.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Diverse For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Giorge-Thnx !!!!You are right, i will try to fix it somehow.Even a little
    Diverse-Thnx mate !!!

Ok here some more WIps.I am still working on this piece.Also putted some basic colors.All these may change.

See ya

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Demon Guardian-Long way to hell

Yooohooo i finally got a nice amount of experience so that i can soon upgrade to the next level !!!!
    Pheww i did this with just one brush(a brush i created yesterday )
    Applied some of the contrast studies i did long ago + some other things.
    Still training in enviro.
    I didnt use textures but textures appeared here and there from posterize that added some nice elements.
    I still need a lot of work to achieve better and clearer results.
    I will keep trying hard!!!!!!!

NO REF WORK

see ya all and thnx for support !!!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And before going to sleep here a speedy character that i may keep working on it to make something else
    I will see later.
    Good night from greece

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    coooool sketchbook man! really dig the amount of different things you're trying, great stuff I think you could play a bit more with different hues in your values, to add some more "natural" feeling to these digitals.

-----------------------
    Available for freelance work! contact me via : cgrobelski@gmail.com

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

friend me on Facebook!!!!

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Gloominati For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    umm maybe in that demon piece , you kinda lost track of hard edges , and there is to much dark , i don't seem ready to work with all that black , the grey sketch looked much better in value , the colors look nice ,other then that all tine , like the last one to

cheers

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Giorge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gloominati-Thnx mate !!!I know i have to study more
    Giorge-Thnx for the critique mate !!I actually understand what you mean.It seems that i will need a lot more work to get rid of this bad thing.All my works look blurred(and i think its because of the very detailed rendering.Thats why the speed one looked better

I feel my works are still very nooby, so i have to work even harder.........
    I am a little tired today, a lot of assigments in the Uni before starting the exams, also spanish lessons all toghether...
    But this will not take me down

See ya all and thnx for support!!!
    (NO REF)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You post insanely often. They're all worthwhile posts, and all with art, but it's a little overwhelming. How do you find the time to do all this art?

Alright, so the demon's legs look off. I think they're supposed to be goat legs, from the sizing. The shadows make it hard to tell, but I think the angles on them look off. They look more like poles, in the way their positioned, and rigidty. If you think of human legs, they'd have more curves and be a bit spread apart, maybe even turned slightly as the figure turns to swing his sword at the intruders. Also, I think that looking at goat legs (wow, out of context that sounds like odd advice...) and how they're built would help. I like the archetecture involved, and the tones used. Your final has a smoky/distorted feel to it-- Was that intentional, or did converting the file it was saved in change it some? Cool concept, and some nifty effects, too. I like the texture in the ceiling.

Your character sketch seems to have a bit too much curve in the belly. Curve forewards, I think is the best way I can describe it. It should be less so, and more muscular and flat. The way the strap from the side comes over it suggests it's more flat, but the brushstrokes beneath it suggest otherwise. Yes, I know, speed paint. Something to keep in the back of your head when whipping out your next!

I love how in the second post of the crawling man it looks like he's crawling out of the picture and into the forums. I'm amazed you did that from no reference, that arm is really nice, and the back pretty decent too (though I think it could have a bit more curve to it). I think the hand infront (while being an amazingly good hand, hands are hard!) is slightly too large, and that the one in the back is too small, even given the distance it's at.

Also, the picture makes me think of an evil overlord who has an electric chair he goes around in. Only this day, it ran out of batteries. Man, wouldn't that suck? In other words, an interesting image, your images usually feel to me like they have alot of potential for story behind them.

Keep at it!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Taven For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Taven thank you very much for your awesome posts.
    I think the most of the things you say are valid.
    Btw about how i find time? hahahahahahahahahah
    Look thats a importan question.What about if i tell you that there is nothing i can't "sacrifice" to become better in art and come closer to my dream and the thing under my username?
    For now i simply dont sleep very much.I will just give an example of the schedule.

Wake up early in the morning-go to University-finish classes and maybe go out with some friends for a coffee etc.(2-3 hours)-then go home do some assigments-now i have time to do training(add also that assigments are art related and it has to do with my portfolio about years of experience, recently i work as comic artist,texture artist for 3d puzzle and some other things)-also forgot the spanish language lessons i take.
    Now to have time to do all these i simply sleep very very late and wake up early.
    Why i do this? cause i hope that in 2-3 years from now i will be able to do what i love and i will be so happy(to work hard on what you love is something that i cant describe) and i will be ok.
    Thats what makes me keep up.
    Thats how i feel i live my life everyday instead of doing something ("NOTHING")

If you have a dream and working hard to achieve it you will achieve it someday even if you fail a lot of times in this long journey.(and in case someone dies before he succeeds its ok because he died working hard toward his goal, and he must be unforgotten)

Lol ok this went to a philosophical side, but if you drop them down and you consider all the things in your life i am sure you will start seeing the things in a very interesting thing.
    Interesting...thats the importan word. Before i started this long journey everything was meaningless and boring, now i have a goal and everything is so Interesting !!!

See ya all and thnx for support, i am gonna study some things here and there now

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's actually a really good way to go about it. At Reverie in Dallas, I got a chance to speak with Jason and ask advice on how I could improve. It was a bit daunting to be there at all; the caliber of artists there was amazing, I think I was probably the youngest one there. Where do you start? What do you tackle first? Jason looked over my work, and I gave me the advice to just keep sketching, constantly. Think about what you're doing, during a day. What are you doing that's "fun" that you could replace with art? Are you sketching in classes, sketching your classmates, and gestures?

Actually, it sounded a bit daunting to me, and I enjoy art and spend a considerable amount of time working on it as it is. I'm digressing a bit, but the point is that I think you're really on the right track. Time management, persistance and anatomy studies were what I was told to focus on most then, and I think that advice can apply past myself, and to other artists aspiring to be better.

I'm glad you find the comments helpful! You keep the art coming, I'll keep the comments coming.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Taven For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Taven-I'll keep them coming ;D !!!

Here a non finished study.I will keep trying hard till i succeed the next level.
    Now its even harder to progress from level to level, thats the interesting thing

See ya all and thnx for support !!!
    NO REF

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I feel like i am passing the Bad Phaze again... :(

Damn i think it came again.The bad phaze on my training.Its like the classic cycle in economics.
    I hope i will pass it soon...

Here some ref study and some character (used ref only for pose in the character)

...see ya

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    keep up playing with this...i will do some more on this.
    see ya

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This girl looks dangerous.
    Very interesting SB!

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Juicy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice m8 , really nice , i advise more consistency in those pieces , like the last idea and even though is a sketch , try to put as much as you can into it , keep it up!

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Giorge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    values on your b/w's are looking real nice. I'd say just keep doing what you're doing. I'm sure you will get your colorwork up to par with your value work real soon. Not that you dont have good looking colour images, but your consistency with b/w is very solid!

Keep it up, though I doubt I even have to say that, judging by how busy you've been!

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Lakka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi again. Your figure knowlage is gradually getting better and better I must say.
    Maybe some of your nonrefs (for example the "hermit-man") are looking better than the refs

then: I know nearly nothing about digital drawing and painting and brushes ect.
    but your digital images seem (to me) to be somehow unbalanced (omg my english!). I mean that some edges are too sharp, some too blured, and that some brushes you use in the same picture dont match together.

you will propably learn nothing from my crit

p.s.: I like you are trying the enviros... keep drawing them

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalim For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mr.Juicy-Thank you very much !!!
    Giorge-Thnx mate !!!
    Lakka-I'll keep trying mate!!!
    Kalim-Thnx for the encouragment mate !!!

Some other studies i am doing.
    thank you all for the support

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some quick rendering studies before going to bed.
    Good night all

Page 18 of 134 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 399