Sketchbook: Sketchbook 2011-!!!2011 HERE we go (page 91 COLOSSAL UPDATE) :) ---> - Page 126

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 126 of 135 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,780 of 4037
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man! How are you doing?
    Love the latest batch. Centaur warrior dude looks awesome, great armor and pose. CHOW looked kickass too. Thanks for posting the process shots, always cool to see those.
    Any livestream sessions coming soon?

Keep on posting man, I need my inspiration juice.

Oh last but definately not the least, Congrats on the banner spot! Well deserved dude, well deserved.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ville_S For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,179 Times in 1,968 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hello mates , just a quick reply.

Now that the forum is back, i will post something soon. However i am preparing for the workshop and there are some stuff to be done .
    Will comment in the update

Thanks for supporting!!! lets keep up!!!

i forgot to say i also made a facebook art page, to also post things there. And i am also developing my website, soon will have content on it

https://www.facebook.com/KonstantinosSkenteridisArt

Last edited by kingkostas; May 15th, 2013 at 07:04 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow you have so much stuff! Great work in here.

!!SKETCHBOOK!!

Visit my website for additional info. www.mjdstudios.com
    “If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful after all.”
    ― Michelangelo

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Havok Reed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    PieMonster-Thanks very much mate !!! Nope didnt knew there was a centaur chow hahahah
    Dayle-Thanks a lot mate !!! After i stabilize with finding some full time work and stuff i will be able to offer more stuff.
    Spellsword95-Thankieees a lot mate !!!Lets both keep up!!
    jamsession-hahahah thanks very much mate, naahh i wouldnt have to struggle that much to learn things.
    kevin_-Thanks very much Kevin !!! Yep that was good, i needed some more work because i had spent a lot this period, however i need to find a nice full time now
    Izzual-Yooo izz thanks very much mate . Hehehe well if we see them as if being in the same plane, yes they are wrong, but i think i drew them out separately.
    Niam-Thank you very much , glad you find them useful, i will try to share more info.
    MacTire-hahaha conor, thats cool !!!Thanks very much man!!!
    DefiledVisions-Yo murli!!! thanks very much mate, glad you like it !!!
    Andrew Sonea-Thanks very much mate!!! Dont be that much caring about the end result, but keep asking and thinking why it doesnt come out as you want it to come. It should look right, even from the very beginning [time and how much you render doesnt have lots to do with making something look right, if something doesnt look right something of the essencials is missing or its off somehow]. Thats encouraging thank you
    Kambei Shimada-Thanks very much mate, love your work !!
    Vulgar`-Thankieeees !!!!
    Ville_S-Yooo nice mate, i am a little more busy with work and preparing things for the workshop. I also got a domain name and have to fill my portfolio site in these days before the workshop. Still when i see my work i feel a little dissapointed but lets see.
    I really want to do more of the freestyle livestreams but have to check time and schedule. Well after the workshop of course i plan to be very active again, especially if i find some nice full time job so that i can get rid of some thoughts. Thats encouraging mate !! you to , you are doing awesome stuff lately.
    Havok Reed-Thanks very much mate !!!

Ok here some update. Food for thoughts will be all the new info/research stuff i will be doing. I found this name to be good, because these can really only be food for thought and not rules of any kind. Also i will post some wips, however everytime i post a wip my brain considers it done so i cant get the psychology to work on it more hahaha. will see.

Thanks very much for the great support!!! Lets keep up!!!

I did a fantasy char for the Substrata project [ http://www.autodestruct.com/substrata.htm ] This dark image with the fantasy character.

Forgot to post the link to robh ruppels blog. Another pure treasure, lots of interesting stuff to find out, go in the archives from the first blog post to the last and you will see nice works with shapes and things on fundamentals.
    here one of the pages, just browse through all the archives http://broadviewgraphics.blogspot.gr...1_archive.html

Attached Images Attached Images                                                
    Last edited by kingkostas; May 17th, 2013 at 05:22 PM.

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow ! A bunch of very cool stuff mate ! The last Kinght is very nice ! Thanks a lot for the "food for thought" too
    KEEP THIS UP !

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Izzual For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you did a good job of not overdoing it with the light on that dragon piece. Just enough of the overly bright light shining through for the right feeling, without making the whole piece a kamehameha!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lakka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I always look forward to your updates! I enjoy reading your mini tutorials - small bits of information that I can mull over easily.

I really like how you experiment a lot and keep things loose and dynamic. It seems like you aren't afraid of your own work - I need that trait!

Thought I'd try to leave some tips though. I think it would be a good idea to start your color block-ins earlier and then work up the picture with color from an earlier stage. A lot of your more finished pieces have that color overlay look that feels very digital. For example, Craig Mullins does a lot of the same type, but I feel in his illustrations he uses color texture overlays and filters to create overall color schemes, moods and also to add textural and color variety but doesn't really use them to as a way to color his illustrations. When Mullins wants the ground to be orange, he'll pick an orange that he wants the ground to be and paint it that way.

Color is definitely challenging, but once you get use to it, you can actually pick the correct color, saturation and value without even having to think about it. Once you get to that point it lets you focus on more interesting art problems like texture, brushstrokes, edges etc. which you seem to be really kickass at! Imagine if you could add those same amazing brushstrokes but also pick the perfect color, saturation and value to go along with it

Anyway, I think if you start your illustrations in color earlier you'll get a lot more practice and confidence with choosing that correct color without having to think about it and without needing to use color overlays. Your values, black and white stuff, brushstrokes and textures are already super good!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FinalKnight For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the Kinght in post #3756 is nice .

On And On , I Am Cursed To Live Cursed With Life Until I Have Done What Done What Must Be Done . . . I Am The Man Who Would Not Die .

16. The Following User Says Thank You to raminafshari For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,520 Times in 2,457 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    this is incredible. youre a natural, and a natural teacher. properly inspiring.
    Sketchbook 2011-!!!2011 HERE we go (page 91 COLOSSAL UPDATE) :) --->

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comments, King, and very useful update! I'll have to read through it a couple of times to take it all in.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MrFrenik For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,321 Posts
    Follows
    Following

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ~KJK~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Izzual-Izzz thanks very much mate !!!
    Lakka-Hahahahaa thanks very much mate, tried to keep the shadow areas more bright, but its true the contrast was absorning me there.
    FinalKnight-Mate thanks very much!!! Great feedback, i also see this feeling on these works. I will do some more direct ones with color from the beginning
    raminafshari-Thankieees mate, glad you like it !!!
    Velocity Kendall-Thats very encouraging mate, thank you very much , i am blown out by your recent stuff!!!
    MrFrenik-Thanks a lot mate !! Sorry for being absent, here some more
    ~KJK~-Who is talking!!! Thanks very muccccch , lets keep up mate!!!

Ok here something and more later

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very cool stuff kingkostas - your sb never fails to amaze me.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to FatMoStank For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome food for thought kingkostas! ... on top of all the art and inspiration in your sketchbook!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Amit_F For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    absolutely dig your style! its great that you are taking that time to write these little lessons too!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Reptile For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    FatMoStank-Thank you very much mate !!!
    Amit_F-Thanks mate, glad to hear that, i will do more
    Reptile-Thankieees mate !!!

Ok here a piece inspired by the works of dickenson and daniel dociu and something very fast. I will have to go out but i will work on a direct color at the afternoon and maybe continue this character.

Thanks for supporting !!!Lets keep up!!

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,154 Times in 1,077 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    THank you for the tips on shape, really got me thinking about subtleties which can then be made in them =) Also congrats on the feature =)

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Kungfoowiz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kungfoowiz-Yooo edward!!! Thanks very much mate!!!No problem mate, lets keep researching

here something before going out.
    Direct color [although thats not the point in this one] the random shapes suggested the work so it came out quickly hehehe. More later

from above

36. The Following User Says Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    errrm

just two words MIND BLEW!!!

amazing concepts, especially "structure rain"

also thanks for "food for thought"

keep it upp!!

38. The Following User Says Thank You to takashmen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,609 Times in 1,978 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i love seeing your thought process on these pages! very cool, love the different approaches you take, always adapting, always learning, just like it should be your a real pro Kostas. keep it up!

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Some Sketchbooks you should check out! --->
    (expect this list to change alot)
    Mattinian
    RazorB
    Albino-Z
    MatejaPetkovic
    Cold
    Jama

40. The Following User Says Thank You to NickyBeats For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah! I think those kinds of drawings are good practice. If you can add color earlier you should be able to finish full color illustrations a lot faster especially after you get use to it!

So, I kinda wanted to explain why I think diving in to color is so much better than using the photoshop overlays. And I think one of the big reasons is that you can layer colors on top of each other to describe the surface (cloth, grass, rocks etc) much quicker, and also it's much more interesting to look at.

I made an image to explain layering colors HERE. If you look on the right, you can see 3 amazing artists Peleng, Paoo and Jama and how they all draw a similar way (Mullins also draws this way).

Peleng picks a base value and color (blue gray) and picked two other (totally different) values and colors to paint on top of that.

If you use an overlay, the same color will be applied to all 3 areas randomly - you don't have control. Some areas in the highlight will be red, some areas in the halftone will be red, and some areas in the shadow will be red. However, if you look at Peleng's drawing, the areas that are brighter are a different color than the shadow area, and they aren't mixed! Pelengs bright color is ALWAYS yellowish, NEVER gray/blue and his shadow color is ALWAYS gray/blue, never yellow. His mixing and tonal variation comes from the layering of these on top of each other using a textured brush.

The same thing for Paoo's drawing. The lighter green is ALWAYS greenish yellow and NEVER any other color.

Compare that to your most recent overlay drawing, your red and gray colors are mixed in both light and dark areas.

Hopefully you understand~. You're already doing this layering in some of your drawings so I don't think it's new to you, but I think it's good to think about it all the time~

Full images:
    Peleng's
    Paoo's
    Jama's

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FinalKnight For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the food for thought mate I like the tower/environment idea, maybe you could push it a little more?

Keep this up !!

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Izzual For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice tutorials man! You are very knowledgeable on lighting, that's important! I hope I can learn all this

46. The Following User Says Thank You to AlexTooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    takashmen-Yooo mate, thanks a lot man. I did something
    NickyBeats-Thank you very much mate, thats really encouraging . Well i enjoy trying out things and studying hahaha.I will try to do more "food for thoughts". Lets keep up
    FinalKnight-Thanks very much for this great feedback mate , I already started playing with this in mind. I have worked this in direct color, however even if it looks grey or something now, it was most due to certain decisions rather than the tool controlling me. Thanks a lot !!!
    Izzual-Thankiees very much mate . Hehehe will see, but you know my curse
    AlexTooth-Yo alex thanks very much mate!! Your latest stuff are awesome, thanks for encouraging !!!

Ok here a mate suggested i should do something more towards the colour keys/storyboard stuff , and actually it is interesting. Here something

Lets all keep up mates!!!

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I haven't stopped by here for way too long! Great work as always and thank you for all the time you put in sharing your knowledge, really kind of you.

50. The Following User Says Thank You to Overtoom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    King you are an awesome dude. I don't understand what your saying a lot of the time but you are still one of the best teachers I never had.

52. The Following User Says Thank You to Appylon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the inspiration, love your work.

54. The Following User Says Thank You to Dignation For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Latest batch just blew my mind! Damn that's some cool stuff.

And this one:
    http://forums.conceptart.org/attachm...1&d=1368781566

Please make full painting of that...pretty please. Do it or I'll freaking steal that idea and paint it myself.

56. The Following User Says Thank You to Ville_S For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man i usually dont post here cos i got nothing to add but i just wanted to say i love those recent ones they are amazing, the edges, colours etc, really nice

58. The Following User Says Thank You to Siphonophores For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mates i am gonna do a livestream now, but i will just be focused drawing some concepts. I really have to do somethings because i am gonna fail.
    Here the link in case you wanna watch
    http://www.livestream.com/kingkostas

Page 126 of 135 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 240