Sketchbook: Sketchbook 2011-!!!2011 HERE we go (page 91 COLOSSAL UPDATE) :) ---> - Page 116
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 116 of 134 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,480 of 4014

Thread: Sketchbook 2011-!!!2011 HERE we go (page 91 COLOSSAL UPDATE) :) --->

LORD M is offline That guy from the cheer me up thread Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,790 Times in 1,165 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Oh you wonderful BEAST, so much ART! I love everything you do nowadays haha! TAnd man, the guardian is amazing!

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams" - Zdzislaw Beksinski
    My Happy Little Sketchbook, please check it out and help me get better!

My TUMBLR!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LORD M For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    superb work as always!
    +1 for the kinght-warrior! I liked the resources you combined to create his armor!

“The thing with quotes you find on Internet, is that you can never know if they are real or not - Abraham Lincoln”

My Sketchbook needs your critique which is more than precious to me

the KING of uploading..check this out..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Biomecha_wolf For This Useful Post:

kingkostas is offline Train to help world with art someday...
    Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,961 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Call0ps-Thank you very much mate , glad you can find something useful. I will try to provide better.
    Spellsword95-Thanks very much mate !!!
    LORD M-Markus thank you very much mate !!! I am trying to do something, drawing related and i am gonna explode my brain because i am missing something hahaha. Lets keep up
    Biomecha_wolf-kabbb!!! Thanks man, yep i wanted to approach that one with some more research on the topic.Pame dunamika !!!

ok i said i am gonna try to update everyday to force me into rythm. Some crappy things i did while experimenting and trying to do somethings.

Attached Images Attached Images  

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man you are a true inspiration, thanks for uploading so much ! Keep posting !

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Izzual For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,154 Times in 1,077 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Good sketches man, the last page.. =)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kungfoowiz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi mate! Thank you for spending your time to teach me something on values and for compliments. It means a lot to me. I will surely follow what you said and do more studies on simple forms and concentrate more on values. Or at least I'll try... Your new posts are always good and can learn a lot look at them.

"The fulfillment of oneself is achieved with victory over their challenges"
    My thought

My SkEtChBoOk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucarky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, epic sketchbook!
    love the progression, makes me inspired to keep going
    ast thumbnails look great too!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Spudonkey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Izzual-Thanks you very much mate, thats encouraging!!! I will try to keep up
    Kungfoowiz-Thank you very much Edward !!!
    Lucarky-No problem mate , thank you very much!!! Lets both keep up
    Spudonkey-Thankieees mate, i am glad you find it interesting. Thats encouraging.

Ok here something for today. Good night mates and thanks for supporting!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 672 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Good stuff mate! daily updates can really be a motivation do kick yourself into action keep on going!

Do what you love ~ Love what you do
    Sketchbook|Blog|DeviantArt

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DefiledVisions For This Useful Post:

Where bears with balalaykas are on the Red Square
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "Blowing out contrast, because I don't want to paint details" Hahaha!! True, true!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Seraph Fawkes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool stuff man! I would maybe try playing around with some more lost edges. Great stuff, keep it up.

[B][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="2"]Sketchbook Poop

www.thecolehole.blogspot.com - Blog

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Colepoopface For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dear Mr Kostas, I don't really know I haven't checked out your sb before(even tho I didn't check all pages now, but fear not I will come back). I've always thought you would be good since you have like "king" in your name, but honestly I didn't imagine this awesomeness. You just got another fanboy.
    Stay bacon.

If anybody knows or have the contact stuff to the most wonderfull singer in the known universe please give her this... plxOr

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Baconstrap For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    DefiledVisions-Thanks very much mate . Yes it seems to be helping, i will hopefully build momentum
    Seraph Fawkes-heheheh true right? i know but sometimes its good to know how to cover up some things
    Colepoopface-Mate thank you very much for encouraging!!!Your work is an inspiration. I am really glad to see you back . Will try to work more on the edges, and overally
    Baconstrap-hahaha thank you very much for encouraging mate, although the story behind the "king" in front of the kostas is probably not that great ahahah, it was a fitting playername when i was playing Age of Empires as a child. Thanks a lot, i will try to not let you down. Lets both keep up !!!

Ok i didnt do a lot today, had some bureaucratic stuff to take care and then i got absorbed in some other stuff. Here is something i sketched in about an hour. I will continue it tommorow, i will also have to work on that older spider char piece and see if i can find something interesting.
    Thanks for supporting mates!!! Steps of it when i will have more. I mostly worked it on limited layers with minor changes so far.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks so much for breaking down your process back there. I am going to go value first in my next painting.

For Science- Sketchbook!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ForScience For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 577 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    impressive updates mate, love your tutorials, thanks for the effort you put in to show your thoughts! we should do some collab someday!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Fetsch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work kostas, and as always appreciate your step by steps with comments, really helpful.
    Very cool poses in the bottom row in post 3454, very strong and convincing ones. Really need to practice those, any suggestions?

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Overtoom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ForScience-No problem mate, i also thank you for the great info you share in your sb. Lets keep up !!!
    Fetsch-Thanks very much mate!!!Glad you like them. Yeah man that would be great, i would love to!!!
    Overtoom-Thank you very mucchhhh mate !!! Well i also strugle with these so lets both keep up . For stuff like that i used to do animation mini studies. By trying to make frame by frame an action you are somehow forced to reach a key frame where the action is on its peak. Dunno, probably it help me somehow, although i may go back to it and do some more of these animation studies. But you need to find a simplified structure [so if we consider that it also forces you to simplify the human form, i guess animation really should be a great training for human anatomy ]. My main weakness is that i havent done any life model drawing. If you can do some, do it, you will be able to see some realistic balancing of the human masses. But in overall you should try to simplify the figure, trying to exagerrate the movement of its parts and then calming down that motion. Lets keep up !!!

Ok here i worked some more on the piece. I wanted to do more but had some work to deliver.
    Good night

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy bovine you are impossible! Love your instructional wips and I would sell my left testicle to create compositions like yours ! I will visit more often for sure

My sketchbook - Please, help me grow Critique very appreciated

34. The Following User Says Thank You to jakubvavrik For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the excellent feedback in my SB!

Always a pleasure to look at your studies and process. It gives me a better idea of how I can expand upon my own process. You seem to mainly do fantasy work. Is it mainly for clients or is it your passion? Both? My guess is both. Haha, anyways, cheers mate!

ART. MORE. NOW.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Pryminista For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

38. The Following User Says Thank You to RyanRyan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love the way this tutorial is shaping up. I learn something new every time I look at your sketchbook.

For Science- Sketchbook!

40. The Following User Says Thank You to ForScience For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kingkostas View Post
    Well i also strugle with these so lets both keep up . For stuff like that i used to do animation mini studies. By trying to make frame by frame an action you are somehow forced to reach a key frame where the action is on its peak. Dunno, probably it help me somehow, although i may go back to it and do some more of these animation studies. But you need to find a simplified structure [so if we consider that it also forces you to simplify the human form, i guess animation really should be a great training for human anatomy ]. My main weakness is that i havent done any life model drawing. If you can do some, do it, you will be able to see some realistic balancing of the human masses. But in overall you should try to simplify the figure, trying to exagerrate the movement of its parts and then calming down that motion. Lets keep up !!!
    Thanks, never thought of that, but seems like a very smart idea! Really enables you to choose the best part of the movement. Smart, smart, smart!
    And nice painting again, you got great sense for dramatic values. Great!

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Overtoom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy hell I love this sketchbook! Not only are the works really varied and interesting (not to mention the immense number of works in this sb), but there's some really interesting discussion and nuggets of information all over. This thing is a gold mine and I'm enjoying every damn page. I find the progress in the last ten pages really really interesting.IIt seems to me you have made a serious jump in your value skills. All of your latest B&W paintings are just brilliant, and I have to just wonder what exactly you figured out that prompted this change.

Whatever it is, I hope I figure it out soon or the values are going to drive me insane. It's something I have been really trying to hammer out recently and I'm making progress (I think) but something feels a bit off. It feels like I'm just not getting something, or on occasion I am but only accidentally. Would love it if you could drop by my sketchbook and perhaps give some comments and critiques on value stuff.

Again, great sketchbook! Keep it up!

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Ville_S For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude your thought process its so amazing, THAT is whats gonna take you to the next level, im lovning freaking everything dude keep this up! i think you should incorporate a bigger story in your drawings, making a statement thorugh shape language and composition its very, very good but if there is a bigger story then us the viewers will get even more absorbed in your stuff, work hard man!

my sketchbook! Drawing like a maniac!!

My Blog

Destroy your weaknesses! theres nothing more to it! stop bitching grab that pencil and sketch Away!

46. The Following User Says Thank You to lionheartGFX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    jakubvavrik-Hahahaha thanks mate, no no it will be less painful with some more training .Thanks , lets both keep up
    Mr.Pryminista-No problem mate, thank you very much!!! . Well actually my client work is post apocalyptic theme, and the other work we are doing at mountainwheel is stylized humorous/cartoony stuff, so i guess i find my relaxation in fantasy in personal work . The good is that simultaneously i am working on more than one themes and keeping my horizon balanced
    RyanRyan-!!!
    ForScience-Thanks you very much mate!!!I am glad ,i also learn from you so lets keep up
    Overtoom-Thank you very much mate , hehe glad you find it interesting
    Ville_S-Mate thanks very much for encouraging !!!!Ofcourse i will visit mate we will talk on it and we will find something.Well i had to analyze thing and i was maniac as to the relations of color to value and value to color. To go deeper i had to limit the value range, i think that was one of the important steps. You can't let yourself be lost in non-essensial values, at least in the beginning. You have to arrange your composition with these limited value range [2?, 3?, 4?, 5?, 6? keep only the basic ones, you want a black, a reflected light, a half-light, a light and a highlight. [[i think these are more than enough for the first stages]]. If you would go with 2 values you would be drawing light and shadow shapes [b/w extremes], its the hardest kind but the ones who master it do awesome compos. Ok now what else does limited values help us with? You can turn a form with just a few strokes, you dont need to go blending like crazy in the beginning. The form will look like low polygon but that will improve your sense of 3d/bulk. Ah forgot to say this was going to be a crappy text . Here some more, the other important thing i looked and researched is composition. There is a reason why something inside a frame looks good. When we look with our eyes we dont have such a strict frame, our eyes focus on an area and everything else is subordinate to that area so it becomes composed somehow [these are crazy things but i encourage you to check the principles of composition and try to understand why whatever you see around you is somehow perfectly composed]. An example, outside the window the buildings have the vertical characteristic |||| and behind them the mountain ridge has a horizontal characteristic ----- , so these in these 2 we have the principle of opposition. But even if in your fantasy world the mountains have the vertical characteristic then that means you would have to harmonize it with something more horizontal in the foreground. It gives you the ability to predict somethings. All these are important to values even if it doesnt seem so. Your values will look good if well composed. Also edges are very very important. Well i am becoming tiring i guess so i will stop the text here and we will check on them again. I hope there can be something good for brainstorming in this text and i hope i can help you more with some feedback or something later. Thanks again very much for encouraging , lets keep improving!!!
    lionheartGFX-Thanks very much mate , thats interesting, i will have to try some things with that in mind!!!

Ok i didnt work that much, did some quick random stuff and worked some more on the piece, although i rushed it a little and i have to fix somethings.
    Thanks for supporting !!!! LETS ALL KEEP UP!!!!
    Good night

48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man your explanation about values was sooooo interesting ! And your knight is going really good Can't wait to see it finished !!!

And again : you are a true inspiration, thank you !

50. The Following User Says Thank You to Izzual For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Izzual-Thankieees very much mate !!! Well i will struggle a little with that piece, i had to solve some more things from the very beginning, but we will see
    Lets keep up

here somethings i did today + some more work on that piece. The demon is from an older assbook sketch.

52. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 672 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Ahhh! shit, the compisiton and action in the latest one! Small crit and perhaps just a personal opinion, but I feel it's a bit too symmetrical and 'expected'. I love the energy in it, but I feel I'm leaving the picture too quickly after I enter it. Something I would really like to see that would actually break som rules would be this:

The main figure actually not pointing to the dragon in the distance and a confident pose, but rather looking behind himself (towards us) and up towards something, in a pose that's defensive in a crouching sort of way, as if he was surprised and startled by something above/behind him. Story behind this new action? a dragon's tail is breaking the symmetry by falling down from the top of the border, arching in and out of the picture in a 'U' shape. At the same time the shadow silhuette is pointing towards the dragon in the distance.

I don't know if this means anything, but I think it would break up the picture a bit and make the story that's going on more unexpected and engaging for the viewer. And again, this is just my opinion I think the picture alreadys is really solid and strong. Damn man, really good job. Just playing around with how I can break it for you

As always, thanks for sharing your thoughts man! so much good stuff in here!

Do what you love ~ Love what you do
    Sketchbook|Blog|DeviantArt

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

54. The Following User Says Thank You to DefiledVisions For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the rain texture on that last piece is blowing my mind! great use of it man, you're awesome at creating moods.. good on ya

56. The Following User Says Thank You to aargh! For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice. I like the way you add colour to the greyscale paintings.

58. The Following User Says Thank You to wilkerson For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 397