Sketchbook: Sketchbook 2011-!!!2011 HERE we go (page 91 COLOSSAL UPDATE) :) ---> - Page 114
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 114 of 134 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,420 of 4014

Thread: Sketchbook 2011-!!!2011 HERE we go (page 91 COLOSSAL UPDATE) :) --->

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You sir, are the coolest AND craziest person i've seen on CA's Sketchbook forum. You inspire lot of people here with that amounts of studies, experiments, sketches and helpful paintovers and most importantly you top all that with your high spirited and down to earth attitude. Sorry if it was too much, but at least most of them are honest Thanks for dropping by my sketchbook every now and then.

Keep it up you!

I'm making mess here: Sketchbook .
    also on dA and blogspot

Cool people:
    Rotor | Kristoff | Kingkostas | Angel Intheuk | bbwolf
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to witcrack For This Useful Post:

Where bears with balalaykas are on the Red Square
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kostas, you're not even productive anymore, nor the superproductive. You're overproductive! What, you got 48 hours in a day?!

Anyway, it's really nice to see how you're helping other artists with their art. And of course - great rendering man. Won't even suggest keeping at it, because you'd do so, even if the planet stopped. Cheers!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Seraph Fawkes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hiya!
    Boy oh boy... you have grown so much! love your recent stuff! some weird and awesome paintings. Your form and values are better then ever. Inspiering to see. got to agree with witcrack you stick around and make this place what it is ment to be! thanks.

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B-Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK, man. I am not as fast as you, sorry. I did half as much work in twice as much time.

Here are my thoughts on the thumbnails:

All six are really strong and energetic.

#2 I felt was the weakest, I wasn't really feeling the pose or the foreshortening.

#4 is a great framing shot and I really like the poses. However I wanted to show more action...and less buildings

#6 is a classic, but I went ahead with the concept of duel a instead of multiple opponents. One reason
    for this is that I wanted to keep ambiguity as to who the protagonist is, let the viewer decide.

any of the remaining three were very strong...#3 is super intense and #1 has a beautiful sense of motion

however I went with #5. Again because of the ambiguity, I feel like in this scene both fighters are evenly
    matched...with one mistake either one of them could be defeated, so I think this has the best dramatic tension.

I'll post my sketch in my thread ...it is very rough , but I think everything is in place for more detail to be added.

Hope I didn't leave you spinning your wheels man, I know how you are always gung-ho!

sketchbook...a kitten dies every time you don't comment

“When forced to work within a strict framework,
    the imagination is taxed to its utmost – and will
    produce its richest ideas. Given total freedom,
    the work is likely to sprawl.”

- TS Eliot

Bloooooooog

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BludHund For This Useful Post:

kingkostas is offline Train to help world with art someday...
    Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,961 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    witcrack-lol mate thank you very much for your good words.This community and all of you mates helped me keep up, and when i see my works back then i wonder how that happened, well its by mutual pushing, even subconsciously as healthy competition. Thanks again man
    Seraph Fawkes-Kirill mate hahaaha thanks man!!! Well i sleep a little late these days but you know the feeling anyway . Thnx for lots man!!!
    B-Man-ahha man i am glad to see you back!!!Thanks very much for encouraging !!! Lets both keep up even when offline
    BludHund-Lol man no need to rush , we will play with it and learn on a relaxed state . Your feedback and direction is really good, a good art director should be like that so i think you can keep that in mind. Do the sketch whatever you like, toss it, fuk it up with patches cuts, rough lines, smooth lines whatever, just relax and enjoy. You have a power inside you and you have to unlock that. Do change the compo as you want, we are gonna both learn more. I will come and check.

Ok hmm one thing is sure, i need more anatomy training . Anyway here a piece that i will take to finish along with the colab with blud. I did a process shot because i made up another method, still on the works ahahaha. Maybe there will be something useful in it.
    Also a training quick animation of simple anatomy [needed a couple of frames to run better but anyway]

Later , thanks for supporting!!!

Attached Images Attached Images        

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 672 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Looking good. The bottom picture has a lot of potential. Already in its early stage there is a strong composition, good balance of darks and lights and nice movement. Gonna be interesting to see how you handle colours. You are already using soft and hard edges to your advantage when building depth and conveying the size of the being, so color and light will be that extra dimension that really brings it together.

The experience you're talking about is an interesting one. I have had it many times before, and most often when I get it the pieces turn out to be some of my best artworks. From my experience, when this happens, we connect to an inner, intuitive part of us. The source of our ideas that really feels and lives them. I like to call it the Inner child. When discussing the inner child in psychology we learn that there are many different aspects such as the vulnurable inner child, angry inner child etc. These different aspects are very primal. They go all the way back to our beginnings and are a part of our psyche, and many of the aspects are also connected to childhood trauma and stuck in different emotional states.

The aspect that guides your hand has different names. In some books it's called the magical inner child, but names aside, it's this playful, lively, highly spiritual, highly sensitive and intuitive part of ourselves. You could say it's the natural way of being. This is the state of life without the impact of the adult egoistic world around us. This is pure blissfull being.

I think this part of us connects with us when we create things, and are in an environment that feels safe and free. We can invite the inner child to come out when we allow ourselves to create without a lot of pressure from the ego, and without the critical inner voice telling us stuff like "it has to be this way, or that way" or "what are you doing?? this looks so wrong". I also think some people are just naturally good at working with this intuitive part of us. It just happens naturally as soon as they pick up a pencil and sit down and start doodling. You can almost notice the mental shift and see it in their eyes. Something else just takes over them.

Interesting to hear your thoughts regarding this. It's something I'm doing a lot of experimentation and research with myself.

As for your reply a bit further up, right now I'm studying art at an artprogram here in Sweden. It's great. I'm taking it easy spending most of my time doing inner healing work and building a healthy, safe relationship with myself. Life gave me a good kick in the face one and a half year ago and since then my life has changed dramatically. Starting next year I'll be here to join you and everyone else in growing as artists and as persons. It's time now. And no, I haven't bought plane tickets yet. I feel it's too early. I will be waiting until they announce more about the workshop and until I've talked to different people here in Sweden. I know some guys who are going so arranging so we travel together would be a good thing. But I'll definitely see you there

Keep it up mate, this artistic journey is just as much a spiritual one and a healing one.

Do what you love ~ Love what you do
    Sketchbook|Blog|DeviantArt

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DefiledVisions For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,517 Times in 2,457 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    wow, page 113 is epic. ive had it open an hour just absorbing. intense stuff.

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    holy shit dude, so much cool information and cool art on the previous page!!!
    really amazing, thanks for sharing!

very much looking forward to meeting you at the London workshop!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGnoll For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your paintings and drawings are so great @_@

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Capt Surge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's been a while since i last dropped by but it's great to see your still updating regularly. Your latest works are awesome, i love your use of colour and brush work. Also the tutorial on the previous page was really helpful. Thanks alot for sharing it

20. The Following User Says Thank You to warburton For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,064 Times in 398 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Good grief Kostas, you're a beast! And the nicest guy in the world apparently. Those paintovers/how-to-do-everything tutorials are intense. Love your edge control stuff, I always forget to think about that. You have to finish some of these WIPs, they are too awesome. Awesome light, superb colors, brilliant compositions, great texture, great strokes . . . DAAANG!! So inspiring man, keep it up!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Corlan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You are a true inspiration and I would recommend any artist to look at this sketchbook to get an indication of how to improve and what exactly they should be doing their journey towards becoming a pro. The paint overs you did on page 113 are incredible, the value choices in your monochrome WIP's are sublime,
    I think choosing good colours in a piece are difficult for me personally and looking at the work you've put up helps me understand a little better, I hope to see more soon man!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to BenjaminJL92 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    DefiledVisions-Thank you very much mate!!! Thanks for sharing these thoughts. You are doing the right stuff man, you will get back in track and you already have more experience.Lets both keep growing. About the tickets personaly i thought of booking them to get cheaper price but i will also wait for some more info , cant wait to see new stuff from you.
    Velocity Kendall-mate thanks very much !!i love your designs and your experiments with shapes and 3d.
    TheGnoll-Yo mateee thanks very much!!! I would love to meet you man, i will steal some of you drawing knowledge hahahaha. You are great, keep sharing.
    Capt Surge-!!!thankieees mate, glad you like them.
    warburton-Thanks very much mate, i will try to keep it up as much as possible . I will improve my use of colour, still need to understand some things.
    Mr. Corlan-You have individuality with solid fundamentals skills man, love your work . Thank you very much , well i am glad if these tutorial stuff can mostly offer motivation for other mates to search stuff and research and keep improving, and i am also learning by doing them . Glad to see you posting again.
    BenjaminJL92-Mate thank you very much for encouragin!!! I will try to provide better info as soon as i become better. Even though i dont know a lot of color i am seeing that its not actually about what colors you chose. My research is going around finding what is the relative qualities of a moment on a scene or whatever. I am thinking everyday what is that i am seeing, i am not making many lifedrawings and i havent done any live model but i have my way to investigate things, i think you will benefit if you ask to yourself what you are seeing and why somethings are like that, you may find something interesting in the way . For colours keep in mind that values are important [i remember zhu zhu told me when i asked about how to go with colors, he simply said colors are values ]. If you stay true to good values the colors will look good. After that we have to study whats about hue, temperature and saturation. Craig mullins said its 1st value 2nd saturation 3rd hue . Anyway lets both keep up !!!

Well sorry mates i will not post lots of stuff today. Today i kinda took the day off hahaha. Well its good that the brain signals for that subconsiously, at these kind of moments instead of drawing and painting i absord everything around me thinking stuff, and these thoughts are actually something needed to improve. Everything has its part in the process , hahahaha

Now lets see, here something quick i did yesterday it goes toward my earlier kind of works. Also i listened for a while a free webinar on face anatomy for sculptors in youtube, but that guy started analyzing somehow the importance of terminology if i can say it very superficialy. Something like if you dont know something you cant put it in paper, or for example because you know about biceps triceps and the other more basic ones, you always putting them in your work. So to improve your work you could learn more about the stuff you are working on. At least that will get you a little further.
    Anyway thats my classic crappy text here but it may burst some thoughts and thats why i share

Now to say goodnight, i took a glance on our tool, photoshop, and was watching the different tools.
    Well for now lets try this "pattern stamp tool" didnt even knew it existed hahahaha. Lets see what we can do with it to possibly enchance our concepts and speed. You can even get the pallete of the picture if you check the "impressionist" [i know there are more ways to do that but anyway ]
    The great thing is that the tool gets the shape of the brushes you have.
    Anyway thats mostly just to remind to experiment more .

good nights and thanks for supporting !!!

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cheers! That's weird man, ever since I started reading Kevin Macpherson 'Fill your Oil paintings with Light and colour', Gurney's 'Colour and Light' and really tried to study up on colour theory, I've been doing the exact same thing. I always try and look at the colours in the environment that I'm in and contemplate; 'How saturated is that? What value? Colour of light source? What colours can I mix to get that? It's constant problem solving and many other things I think that have been the best method of improvement for me, I need to apply it to practical work though to see if it works.
    Thanks again.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to BenjaminJL92 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,154 Times in 1,077 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Puuuuuuush push push man! =) Lol =)

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Kungfoowiz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What an amazing sketchbook.

Free for commissioned work

32. The Following User Says Thank You to MeteorCat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WOW! Inspiration all over your sketches, and your blog too. I bow to you Master!

"The fulfillment of oneself is achieved with victory over their challenges"
    My thought

My SkEtChBoOk

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucarky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    aaah anatomy, the thing with anatomy its when you think you have it you go back to it months later and say to yourself "fuck i totally forgot about this and that muscle" and all the masses change so its one of those things you have to go back to several times until its second nature, dude i have a serious ammount of respect and admiration towards your efforts i wish to do this myself some pointers on digital couldnt hurt me, please keep on posting stuff man you have a great mind and know how to use it!

good luck and be well!

my sketchbook! Drawing like a maniac!!

My Blog

Destroy your weaknesses! theres nothing more to it! stop bitching grab that pencil and sketch Away!

36. The Following User Says Thank You to lionheartGFX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello there King! Dunno if you remember me (from animeplanet) but it's been a while! Good to see that you are still on the subject and I must say that it's well worth it because your progress is AMAZING. You have lots of awesome works and seriously, I can't believe just how much drawing you can dish out in a day! You are a major motivation for me to continue trainning even though I had one year completely wasted in the army and I was in the verge of giving up illustration. So thanks man! Keep up the awesome job and let's both do our best (though I dont actually have the right to say that since I'm far behind you on the subgect )!

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Six Winged Angel For This Useful Post:

p sage is offline in pursuit of hot lines Level 14 Gladiator: Dimacheri
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Haha... wow mate. The amount of work you do is so good, and the amount of good work you do is great.

This one is special; it gives a really emotional feeling.Nice job there.
    http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1354107615

For the infected doctor... I would think about it like Walt Stanchfield (from Walt Disney studios)... what is the best pose that communicates "infected"? Can you take that pose and feel it in your muscles and bones? Would it be someone hunched over and coughing? What would it feel like?

From that you would find the gesture that communicates that, and on the gesture, you build your structure. That's what I would try, anyway. It's just one effect and one way to try it

For the thumbnails... I had an opposite feeling from BludHund about #2...
    http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1354749224

I think composition wise, it was interesting... because you were playing with "dynamic symmetry" and the golden ratio.

But as my old art instructor always said... "Don't let the tail wag the dog." In other words, don't decide on the pattern of the composition first... draw a SKETCH first, and then see how you can EDIT it (slightly) to make it come alive with something that fits... a rectangle that fits your composition... dynamic diagonals and verticals and horizontals that come from your SKETCH should dictate the composition.

A more dynamic composition could be found like the one you found in #5, and then find a way to apply the composition rules from dynamic symmetry/golden rectangle.

-----------------------

Great way to keep up, mate! I'm keeping down my self But will soon start back up again.

Cheers and much Ouzo to you!

Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

40. The Following User Says Thank You to p sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, thanks for the advice in my sketchbook. Your work is really great. Love the character designs.

Looking for a mentor
    If you have a moment I would love any tips or critiques that might help me improve my work.

My sketchbook (please leave a critique)

SSG Group
    twilightmoon777
    Streben

42. The Following User Says Thank You to phatbuddha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    BenjaminJL92-Thats good mate. Keep trying to find why things work like that. I am soon close to something so i will be able to offer some color info soon.
    Kungfoowiz-Yoo edward!!! ahahha thats it mate
    MeteorCat-Thank you very much for encouraging mate !!!
    Lucarky-Lol mate, thank you very much. Lets both keep up
    lionheartGFX-Mate thank you very much !!! These days i always do some anatomy studies. Till may i will try to have anatomy on a high level. My problem is mostly proportional so i am gonna fix that soon .
    Six Winged Angel-Yo mate thank you very much !!! Yep the army hold us back somehow, but we are now free to keep improving and reaching our goals. I saw you made a SB, thats great, now lets keep it up
    p sage-Thank you very much mate . Glad you liked that piece, i have the process in my livestream channel. Yep about the infected scientist i put a lot of thought but the image similar to the thumbnails kept coming to my mind, haha i would call that a limited visual library. Have to do something about it. About the dynamic composition actually i apply the rules after i sketch some shapes and do adjugments on the fly. I cant relax with solid solid rules.ahhaah thanks man, i wanna see your new stuff. Heheh ouzo good, i mostly prefer tsipouro though
    phatbuddha-Thank you very much mate , i will visit again soon

Ok i am a little more busy these days but of course i am studying like crazy hahaha. Ok i keep studying color and i am close to something good.
    Btw i found that a great great guy made this great great tool!!!
    http://nerdchallenge.com/lenwhite/Le...16_PW_CS6.html Its a painter style color wheel for photoshop!!!!!!!!!!!
    found it from here
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...e!%29-Download
    I used no ref for the works below. These are mostly quick studies. I will use the knowledge to nicely finish the spider queen like char from the previous images .
    I am gonna visit your Sketchbooks soon, thank you very much for supporting!!! lets all keep up

i also have to scan a caricature pencil attempt. I did it for the training with the ssg group

44. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    simply amazing!!

you're heading for something unique I'd say, please don't stop!

46. The Following User Says Thank You to takashmen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sweet sweet update, i love the queen! id love if you could share some insights into color keep up this awesome stuff going!

my sketchbook! Drawing like a maniac!!

My Blog

Destroy your weaknesses! theres nothing more to it! stop bitching grab that pencil and sketch Away!

48. The Following User Says Thank You to lionheartGFX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quick studies? You gotta be kidding m!e! I *love* the frog-like thingies and how their lightning gives them mass- The texturing brushes/w/e on the edge of the skulls front face are great and the color blend with the bird and background looks very nice to my eyes! That doesnt mean that the rest arent great, you really keep impressing me, lol

50. The Following User Says Thank You to Six Winged Angel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    amazing stuff the bird is incredible, your thought process is fascinating.

52. The Following User Says Thank You to Siphonophores For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I dont say this often - but I love this. bookmarking this page !

54. The Following User Says Thank You to FatMoStank For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Took time to browse thru the sketchbook, but i was well worth it man, i enjoyed looking at your work, Great stuff, i'll keep an eye for more!

56. The Following User Says Thank You to Gpozzo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,154 Times in 1,077 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Wow that skull image just blew me away... I can't use Painters wheel anymore, so used to the rgb sliders now.. Hope to catch up with you soon, good luck with the spider piece =)

58. The Following User Says Thank You to Kungfoowiz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  2012-12 Kostas Collab.jpg
Views: 1289
Size:  323.5 KBName:  process blowup Gaa upload.jpg
Views: 1298
Size:  317.7 KB

Hey hey Kostas, sorry I only had time to pick at this a little bit until today. I tried to punch up the
    contrast a bit and get the characters to pop out of the background. White stockings in the end
    really helped the Kungfu fighter, I think he has a lot of energy now.

I started by going back to one of your earlier stages where the thumbnail really jumped out at me.
    I was going to add back in the railing / hitching post in the foreground but I have to admit I really
    got confused
    on the perspective.

To that end I decided to experiment, slapping in abstract value shapes in the background that seemed
    to frame the characters and push them out from the background. Then I tried to work with these
    abstract shapes to see if I could come up with a scene in perspective. In the end, I did not like the
    result as well as the way it was before, so I junked it.

Also I firmed up their silhouettes a bit...although the gunfighter's legs are getting lost a bit still :/.

You mentioned something about not being sure about the style. I really have no idea I guess
    I maybe a 'cinematic' style? Sort of combining the sensibilities of Sphaghetti Western and Wuxia
    or martial arts flicks? So Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon meets The Good the Bad and the Ugly

Anyways thats my crude marks for now. Unfortunately I will still be super-busy until like mid-January...

---

Oh yes, and really loving your works as usual. You say 'quick color study' I say 'cool unfinished concept
    design' heh, you certainly are a fountain of ideas. I really like the blue woman with her cobweb veil and
    the grasshopper-frogs...definitely a creature concept worth developing.

I also really like the guy on the middle-left of you last post, nice way to combine the ideas of armor and
    courtly dress uniforms. I think you could maybe try some more ideas for his head/helmet though.

Honestly your anatomy is looking pretty solid to me, don't doubt yourself, just keep checking and refining
    as you go along. Keep it up man! Of course also don't be afraid to take 'mental health' days now and then,
    I believe its extremely important to take take regularly to re-focus on your priorities get perspective on things.

You should never be busy just to be busy, always have goals and put the important stuff first.

sketchbook...a kitten dies every time you don't comment

“When forced to work within a strict framework,
    the imagination is taxed to its utmost – and will
    produce its richest ideas. Given total freedom,
    the work is likely to sprawl.”

- TS Eliot

Bloooooooog

60. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BludHund For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 400