CHOW 116 :: The Brief, It is for the Reading - Page 3
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: CHOW 116 :: The Brief, It is for the Reading

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More lineart for me! Dunno what to do with the dead body, i have change a bit the legs and the right arm.I cant wait to color it!!!!

Cloister - I like the colors u have used, Does it have ears? It looks a bit rigid
    a bit more lineart for me.The last one is much better, the arms and face wowww i love it

Seba_boi - Love her faces, and specially the second pose, those helmet wings are great! ^^

bluebloodedpanda - wow, the last of ur pics remind me to resident evil's leaker, and a bit of doom3 beasts. The first one is nice too.

jpedro - the second from the left has nice face, very evil indeed.I like those big feet,they are like flippers.

tsujni - thanks for the crits,i have change a bit the draw, and will add start with colors soon.Ur draw looks like some kind of divine being.I cant wait to see more.

Arbu - where are their entrails? ogh! damm :o

Fractalbot - Nice concepts specially the first and the third ones.They all look .. u know ... like those insects that are waiting for the night to come for ya ^^ (those are soul addicts?)

MCross - Wow! Great armour there!I love the eyes of the pattern,The waist wing's perspective is a bit strange, in comparation with the upper ones.

CarolineBradley - Go for more sketchs, i like the last body, but the face is a bit wide?.Nice legs too.

Studio Colrouphobia - :o i love the colors , and that collar ^^ keep it!

curly - welcome! i like ur first one,it seems to be taking his soul from the mouth ^^ , nice ones

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Practice Practice Practice !!!!

My SketchBook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaTXiNaKi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jeez i this one is going to be heavy ... cant wait to see the finalists

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi everyone it gonna be my first CHOW - i think about changing some things in the detail of these sketch, maybe i will even more deform it?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,839 Times in 633 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Holy shit, amazing stuff already from everyone!

Here's a very rough first idea.
    Name:  chow the host 2.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  89.8 KB

Last edited by algenpfleger; May 7th, 2008 at 05:37 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

so far

this is a screenshot of mine so far...not sure if ill get to finish it...this is my first chow attept.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tsujni : i don't know why i made him with no legs at first but it is said that sluagh comes flying, so i must thought he doesnt need them xD plus i will add these litle flying helpers for him to fly so i have found a reason to not draw his legs.. also he is old and meanwhile his legs got cut off due to fightings and rottness xD

PaTXiNaKi : there, i covered his entrails xD

this is how im heading with the final design/pose

i dont know what to draw yet for theese little "wingy" guys that are lifting the host.. any ideas?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think this is the best collection of Chow entries I've seen in a long time!

"You’re right you DO suck, now do something about it"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbu View Post
    tsujni : i don't know why i made him with no legs at first but it is said that sluagh comes flying, so i must thought he doesnt need them xD plus i will add these litle flying helpers for him to fly so i have found a reason to not draw his legs.. also he is old and meanwhile his legs got cut off due to fightings and rottness xD

***snip***

i dont know what to draw yet for theese little "wingy" guys that are lifting the host.. any ideas?
    I like this sketch! The inclusion of the flying things definitely strengthens the concept, IMHO. My suggestion for the 'flying things' make them beetles or scarabs.

Last edited by tsujni; May 7th, 2008 at 11:18 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice stuff so far everybody...
    arbu im really digging what you've got so far. cant wait to see if finished
    seba_boi love the first illo
    MCross wow, someone knows their armor!
    Cloister holy lighting!

this is my sketch so far...a little more tame than the others, but just as ready to hunt your soul

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kingkidd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    still a rough - still have a way to go.

pencil.

Character of the Week :: A weekly character exploration activity.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oregano - love the tightness of your pencils.
    kingkidd - cool

Metatron wip update

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    alright i decided to join in.
    lets see if i actually finish this sucka, seeing as i never seem to!

so far i just played around a bit.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great work all! i love the pencils from oregano and seba-boi! Sweet

christ

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Benjamen Christ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    amazing stuff here !!!! specially like cloister's piece ... !!!! brilliant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oregano How commited are you to that concept? The rendering is superb, but it's looking a hell of a lot like a rework of your sci fi alien concept. Maybe replace the Gieger skull with some apparatus or something.

A lot of strong efforts. Good work so far everyone. Not sure if I'm going to make the time for it, but here are some thumbs in case I do. I like parts of all three of them. Will probably try to frankenstein them together for a final concept. Anyone partial to one or the other?

I decided to go ahead and move foward with combining the three char ideas. I really want to try and work some of that tattered nightmare feeling from the wolf in but..... we'll see. A.D. anyone?

Coloured, and we'll see what I do with it from here. A background isn't likely lol. Going to have to hit this back later, and see what's up with the sidebar. Like am I covered because I thumbed out and combined three alts, or do I need to like reverse engineer this sucker to make an alt.

Bounced an amzing amount of lights off of things that probably just aren't noticable. Answered the question bothering me of how the hell does it's knees move. Tightened up the wrappings. Messed around with the tentacles since some appeared to be of very suspicious origin. brought the outside leg further out pushed the inside leg further in. Is it obvious that im going for a Host that is part of some greater group of hosts all chained together through endless realities and plains of existance? I hope so. lol

Felt like the wrapping had lost too much of it's pleathery look. And what the hell is it doing if it's not eating. I'll see how I like the changes after I get the hell away from it for the night.

Bounced an amzing amount of lights off of things that probably just aren't noticable. Answered the question bothering me of how the hell does it's knees move. Tightened up the wrappings. Messed around with the tentacles since some appeared to be of very suspicious origin. brought the outside leg further out pushed the inside leg further in. Is it obvious that im going for a Host that is part of some greater group of hosts all chained together through endless realities and plains of existance? I hope so. lol Considering adding some kind of cheez background but it's still not likely. Unless it is, then I will.

Last edited by ManaBurn; May 9th, 2008 at 06:32 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Studio Col.., Patxinaki, kingkidd, vibhas virwani:
    Thanks a lot for the nice feedback on my demon!

Ridz: Your play looks very interesting.

tsujni: I'm very curious about where you'll take that entity.

oregano: The concept doesn't catch me, so far... but the hands especially are very well drawn.

kingkid: Nice drawing. Let's see what kind of colours and background you'll end up with. The figure is rather close to a normal human male, so the paint will make the character-concept to a large extent, I guess (and the piercings...of course).

Arbu: Looks interesting so far... I like the spidery scribbly line-work

Adele: It is special.

algenpfleger: Looks dramatic so far.

tsabu: Imo that figure would look better if she had longer and stronger legs. The head is very dominating, right now.

patxinaki: The front leg (his left) is righfully larger, but I think you've increased its size too far... imo the leg seems to be meters in front of the fellow. The soul-streak looks interesting.

fractalbot: I personally prefer nr 2, so far.

MCross: Nice armour-work. Watch the butt-end of the pole... it's not lining in with the rest of the spear.

Studio Col: Very disgusting and interesting face. Be careful to not give the armour-necklace-thing too much visual power. I think the face should remain the main centre of interest.

seba boi: Nice sketches. The female look very traditionally faerie... but I can't wait to see how that "razor-wheel" and the head-wings are turning out.

blueblodded panda:
    You seem to have no lack of ideas...

jpedro: Nice falling-flying motions

I know I didn't comment everyone's stuff... I couldn't find any more words of "interest" atm... sorry.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cloister For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heres what I have so far...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaBurn View Post
    Oregano How commited are you to that concept? The rendering is superb, but it's looking a hell of a lot like a rework of your sci fi alien concept. Maybe replace the Gieger skull with some apparatus or something.
    You're not meaning the one with "Master Chief" are you? (this one: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1191094313)
    Because I don't see the similiarity, unless you're talking about them being lanky freaks?

Point taken on the Gieger skull. I'm probably going to finish this one out, because *I* like him, even if nobody else does

Quote Originally Posted by Cloister
    The concept doesn't catch me, so far... but the hands especially are very well drawn.
    Thanks - tho do you have any actual crits on him? I mean for example *why* he doesn't catch you? What's throwing the image for you?

Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it!

All the best,
    ~Oreg.

grenogs is offline im sparticus, no i'm Sparticus , no I'm Sparticus Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i just realised that this is project 16 and not 15. in my own haste and lack of concentration, i saw the words "read the brief" and so automaticly thought they were the same bief, and so just didn't even look at the project discription (AGAIN). Any chance we're going to go back to a simple heading again, yes i know obvious, direct word headed projects (the host, canibal bob, or the donkey who flew in a jet propelled hot air balloon) look so boring, but hey they have never failed so far. If it aint broken, don't try fixing it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by grenogs View Post
    i just realised that this is project 16 and not 15. in my own haste and lack of concentration, i saw the words "read the brief" and so automaticly thought they were the same bief, and so just didn't even look at the project discription (AGAIN). Any chance we're going to go back to a simple heading again, yes i know obvious, direct word headed projects (the host, canibal bob, or the donkey who flew in a jet propelled hot air balloon) look so boring, but hey they have never failed so far. If it aint broken, don't try fixing it.
    The main reason I've started shying away from including a summary in the title is because I want people to READ THE BRIEF - which hasn't been happening much in recent rounds.

If the title for this week was "CHOW 116 :: THE HOST" I promise you, someone would do a picture of someone in a tux or evening gown at a party. I swear to god - you so know it's true.

We'll go back to the standard here in a bit. But for now, I think it's important that we focus on reading the brief

All the best,
    ~Oreg.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

first sketch

first digital sketches, I hope I'll find the time to work it out.

Forgive me my bad english

my sketchbook and my homepage

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oregano: I think it is mostly a matter of personal opinion.. which is why, I guess, I didn't add any constructive crits. The skeletal goblin-head...with an alien protrusion on the back... I don't know, but it feels very standard to me.
    If I'm being hard on you, it is because I know you're good... The detail I do like is the highly placed and clearly defined nipples.

I know my own entry isn't that orignal, so by no means is this any comparative crit...
    Anyway, as I said... this might all be a matter of taste...
    Nice drawing, anyway!

Last edited by Cloister; May 8th, 2008 at 02:42 PM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Cloister For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oregano "Masterchief", lol, but yeah that's the one. It just made me recall it right away. As for actual Crits, your render of this is so superb it's hard to find any fault with it. Someone might be able to but not me. How bout some ultra anal observation then due to the fact your at the level you are as an artist. The right inside arm's skin appears loose and slippery, the outside left appears tight and shiny. If it's intended that they should be different you might want to push one of them further in it's direction so it doesn't appear inconsistent. Something seems off about the right inside shoulder aswell. It seems like that shoulder is small and flat and round while there are all these cool layers built up on the outside left arm. Again, it's not so different as that it seems intentional. You've obviousely got it scanned, I might be telling you something you already know but put it in photoshop and flip it horizontal and see what you see. Then you can go back to it on paper and render it the rest of the way out. I hope that's useful and not annoying.

As for the concept I think what's bothering me about it is that I want to see small articulating robotic appendages coming out of the back of the head sinisterly awaiting their chance to be used. Right now it's making me think contemplative vampire.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ManaBurn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heres what I got so far

Name:  Fae.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  36.8 KB

SketchBook Chris Yoakum?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbu View Post

PaTXiNaKi : there, i covered his entrails xD

I think it would be cool if he were being carried by the most beutiful fantastic tiny butterflies you can imagine. What if they were really the host?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wip, didn't quite like the 'cloud cap'.

Is it bad form to generate a new post for a wip, or should I edit my previous post[s]?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    update, crits greatly appreciated.

Name:  fae.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  42.1 KB

FllnFalcon: I kind of dig what you have going on, different from everything else so far it seems. One crit would be that such a skinny little dude would probably have more bones protruding in different spots like the hips. cant wait to see the whole thing rendered out like his rediculously buff arm.

tsujni: I think that if there has been a significant change to the wip then make a new post. If its not to much change I tend to edit. But I am curious to hear what others stand points are. PS when I stare at your metatron i honestly feel a pull from inside. So I think that last update is working well, keep flushing it out, but dont render it so well that it harvests all of our inner beings. ... or do

Last edited by MonkeYoakum; May 8th, 2008 at 02:56 PM.
    SketchBook Chris Yoakum?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    welll said I was going to participate. so here's a wip so far. just some color blocking. Not very happy with how it looks right now, but going to keep working on it.

heh feel a little outclassed here with all this amazing artwork. but whatever, push ahead push ahead.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    meh i thought i'd give it a try..also wanted to do something like this for a while now but anyway
    its supposed to be a Fylgia or some kind of guardian demon..

awesome entires so far..

BLOG
    CgHub

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.