Sketchbook: A. Thought's Black Book [Sketches, Concepts & Etc.]

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

A. Thought's Black Book [Sketches, Concepts & Etc.]

So it's been almost 2 or 3 years maybe a little more since I have posted on CA.org
    I first entered this site to try for an old Scholarship Contest, I didn't intend to ever win but to start showcasing my work a bit and get some feedback.
    Now it's 08' and I have come across with a whole new field. I lack anatomy skills but it's something that I know of and would like to work on. So I hope you enjoy some of the sketches I am about to provide.

I would also like to collaborate, as well as network and learn a few new tricks from some of the other artists in the CA Forums.

Best wishes.

A. Thought

* I scan most of my images so I am sorry for the image size. I add a lot of fine detail sometimes so if you can find a way to zoom or would like to collabo and color one of my Pen works. Message me and I'd love to see what we could come up with. Any sort of critique is good because I want to learn and keep pushing my skills forward

And sadly the last image is good watercolor but a gift painted for an ex lol.

Attached Images Attached Images                                        
    Last edited by Arrogant Thought; May 5th, 2008 at 05:17 PM.
    Knowing my history isn't needed, just where I'm going you should be curious about.

A.Thought's Black Book
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like your style, and first off, is that kanti? They symbol in the tv head looks similar to atomosk's... ANYWAYS again I like your style, You've done good with getting good with your style but I'd do some studies on realistic human anatomy. Your more realistic works seem to have a bit of a problem in the neck area, but thats nothing studies can't cure! Keep up the good work!

Check out My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks a lot man for the comment. Hahah
    Yeah it's Kanti a little tribute to the FLCL. The series was so good I couldn't help but make a few of my own, I didn't even realize until I flipped through my own pages, and noticed I had a collection.
    I am gonna upload some more images today so I am hoping to get some more feedback from people. As for studies, if anyone had some tutorials or some ideas (links would be cool) as to what I could do for referencing. That would be awesome.

Knowing my history isn't needed, just where I'm going you should be curious about.

A.Thought's Black Book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

More sketches....

Tomorrow I should have a few more water colors up that I worked on. I am wanting them to really pop at the viewer in a comical street sense. So these are just some silly touched up sketches.

A.Thought's Black Book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    for studies dude, just look for pics of human anatomy, preferable naked people, and draw them like there's no tomorrow

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sinto For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love these pictures! your style is megacool! You're really bringin personalities into your carachters!
    Keep on drawing!

Hey, Come visit:

And also:

SuiraDefiledVision Snobby

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dannelf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is some of my more recent work. The images in the posts before were a collection of old and new. This is all pen work..like I said before it's almost all I ever sketch in.

Last edited by Arrogant Thought; May 6th, 2008 at 11:04 AM. Reason: updated more images.

A.Thought's Black Book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi MAn I like your draw they is very nice and crazy

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikolay_berbatov For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello there! I really liked some of the color works you go there. They're very nice, and that style looks very cool. Anyway I would also recommend some Bridgman's or stuff like that for some more realistic stuff so you can get it on some parts of your style, it would get even better, keep it up

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Suira For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Suira View Post
    Hello there! I really liked some of the color works you go there. They're very nice, and that style looks very cool. Anyway I would also recommend some Bridgman's or stuff like that for some more realistic stuff so you can get it on some parts of your style, it would get even better, keep it up
    Awesome thanks for the tip man I keep everyones words in mind when I am drawing. I hope maybe in a couple days I can have some new ideas and concepts that everyone will like.

A.Thought's Black Book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was curious if anyone had any suggestions to the pieces I already have up, any sort of crits. would be awesome.

A.Thought's Black Book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You have a fun style, that could be really strong, but is let down by dodgy anatomy and body language. When you have some knowledge, distortion and experimentation gets even stronger.

Whenever your bored or have no creative ideas, hit the anatomy drawings. Use life, photos and every some drawing books. More skills and knowledge will only improve your work.

But try to keep the fun feeling in it, that is a big positive in your work.

my sketches here... http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=92997

www.sevans.co.nz , visit them or a puppy dies!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SEVANS For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Arrogant Thought said "For me I feel lost looking at actual images. I'm not always sure which lines will give me the desired detail I am always looking for. But I'll have more up soon and I'll probably be working on a lot of anatomy from here on out."

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but try thinking of people, anatomy, building whatever as a collection of shapes to begin with. Basic cylinders, globes, cubes etc - basic 3D forms may help if you can't really see which lines to pick. Andrew Loomis and Bridgeman or both great examples of this thinking - you can find Loomis PDF's online usually.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Arrogant Thought said - sometimes I think to myself, "if I wanted to paint a perfect or sketch a perfect person I would rather be a photographer."

I don't know if that makes sense.

Makes perfect sense to me, one of my former tutors actually said almost that exact same thing to a classmate, and I agreed 100%. Frazetta, Bizley, Android, Mignola, Cheeks 74 etc all great artist's that aren't realism. BUT they all seem to have the foundamentals down too. The more you know, the more confidently you can play.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Just an update...

Sorry I haven't been able to post anything. I have been really busy the past couple days I had an old business partner contact me last minute who has been asking for my help in the music studio and etc.
    I have been looking for models and etc for our new video shoot and new single SHE SAID by the FUNKY BUNCH. If you are interested in hearing the single you can check my link. www.myspace.com/dagreedyage
    Most of the friends in my top are artists that I work with on a basis from Sony, Interscope, Suave Dawg and Feel Good Recordz.
    But I have some sketches of a recent anatomy study i did about a week ago. I think you'll like the concept but it's still unfinished and I haven't found my comfortable niche with it. I'll have the images up in about 5 or 10 mins.

Sorry I didn't have time to upload the rest. I have to run and do a photoshoot with the Chase Boyz.
    Any crits on the style form would be appreciated.

Last edited by Arrogant Thought; May 14th, 2008 at 01:04 PM.

A.Thought's Black Book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey CA.org sorry it's been a while since I posted. I have been really tied up with all kinds of other work at the moment but came up with this sketch last night, it's two pages meant as one piece. I am going to paint over it in acrylic and attempt a new color style I have been working with and really see the visualization coming to life. I hope you like these and I would love to get some opinions on it. These sketches are both 5x7.

Last edited by Arrogant Thought; May 22nd, 2008 at 10:41 AM. Reason: size reason.

A.Thought's Black Book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, thanks for stopping by my sketchbook. Nice sketches here, I really like the variety of colors in the earlier posts.

"From here to the ears and eyes of the 'verse!"
    "There are three basic types, Mr. Pizer, the wills, the won'ts, and the can'ts. The wills accomplish everything, the won'ts oppose everything, and the can'ts won't try anything." - Vincent; The Black Hole
    -----------
    www.youtube.com/algae998
    DeviantArt gallery
    Zbrush WIPs
    Sketchbook

24. The Following User Says Thank You to AA-ron For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey thanks I do plan on doing a lot more color work. Right now I am just out collecting the proper materials on my free time to paint these sketches onto. If anyone would wanna collabo and do a color version of any of my Pen work that'd be sweet.

A.Thought's Black Book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there! New cool stuff! I would suggest you to do some speedsketches from real life. It would help you get even more confident in "catching the carachter"!
    Keep posting!

Hey, Come visit:

And also:

SuiraDefiledVision Snobby

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Dannelf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you for the TIP Dannelf.
    When and if I can find some time between work and everything I will try to show you some possible speed sketches of some real life reference.

A.Thought's Black Book

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.