Page 36 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    wow awesome master and photo studies!! very impressed (from a person who has still never learnt colours). your sketches are really cool concepts too! I especially like the drawings with poster-like composition keep it up!!
    ca | pn | cd | zbc | da | as | tumblr | fb | hire me

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to nim For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 917 Posts
    kingkostas-will do theres so much out there in the world to learn

Bummer6-Thanks

Dished-thank you ill have to do some more still lifes

Parsakoira-ill try i gotta start updating more often

Bellachime-thanks alot for the comment back

teapo-sup dude yup i used to do lines and then build my way up but it takes so long. so latley ive just been doing blobs of color then building up the form

nim-hey sup nim your sketchbook is so sick! thanks alot for droping i might have some color down but your lines are awsome so much better then mine.

------------------------
    first is a photostudy then a landscape from mind
    gona try and start posting more again even if it looks bad need to start improving. Feels like ive been kinda stuck at this point for awhile gotta break free from it again.

Attachment 883806

Attachment 883808

Thanks
    Thanked 1,453 Times in 823 Posts
    Man I can see a lot of improvement from ur early SB, good to see. Just some slight proportion issues occasionally, but ur practicing so much that bound to sort itself out

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GEB For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks geb ill have to keep my eye out for proportions they get me.

heres a sargent water color study interesting to see how rough sargents water colors look compaired to his beautifully renderd paintings. was fun though gona have to do more of these studys.
    looks horrible o well gotta stick to my word and post even if it looks crappy.

Attachment 884088

Attachment 884090
    Last edited by Jamie Romoser; January 19th, 2010 at 08:21 PM.

Thanks
    It's great that you're dong photostudies! I like the landscape you did as well...seems semi-realistic and the colors really set the mood. It's great that you're committed enough to post stuff that you don't like just to get the feedback

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jackpot_anjr90 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    jackpot_anjr90-thanks dude. yeah fersher for awhile ive been kinda hesitant on posting the stuff i thinks crappy i need to learn what im doing wrong and show people my errors im making to though. so just gona start posting everything now instead of shying away from it.

warmed up with a sargent water color study today.
    Ive realized that ive never studied any of my favorite digital artists.
    So gona start doing more studys of my favorite artists, heres a Robogabo study doesnt even compair though his edges are crazy.
    Then some character sketches from mind when im just hanging with freinds.

Attachment 884652

Attachment 884653

Attachment 884654

Attachment 884655
    Last edited by Jamie Romoser; January 20th, 2010 at 04:05 PM.

Thanks
    another sargent plein air speed painting study to start the morning off

Attachment 885400

Attachment 885401

Attachment 885402

Thanks
    photo study and a speed painting doodle from mind

Attachment 886154

Attachment 886157

Thanks
    Started a Frazatta study today im really enjoying it. For some reason it feels like i learn the most from studying his paintings. Gona try and finish it up tommorow. Felt like i forgot how to paint for acouple weeks think im finally getting back on track. Then a character from mind been working on it for awhile. Feels like my style is so inconsistent maybe its cause im using so many random brushes. Probly should get used to just using a few like in my frazetta study.

Things I need to work on.
    -brush economy
    -edges
    -form esspecially in my mind stuff
    -color
    -and proportion/anatomy

Attachment 886470

Attachment 886471
    Last edited by Jamie Romoser; January 23rd, 2010 at 12:32 AM.

Thanks
    There are a lot of cool shapes happening in the character concept in post #515. Also, great job on the studies. Looking forward to the character update

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 370 Posts
    Hey man, cool improvement, especially in your pencil work. There are a couple of things that jump out at me in your digital work at the moment. firstly, your colours tend to get 'muddy'. this is a term that gets thrown around a lot often without explantaion. What gives some of your work that look is to do with the relationships of saturation between your midtones, highlights and shadows. as a general rule of thumb for many lightsources it is the highlighs, and especially the transitions between light and dark areas that are most saturated. some of yours become a little too grey, which can throw off the colour temperature. Decide what kind of environment you are painting, and whether your light areas are 'cool' or 'warm'. Then, make sure that you compliment different areas with clear temperature contrasts. Using very desatureted colours can be a good subtle way to suggest areas of cool temperatures. Studying this sort of thing could help give your colours some vibrancy, to do your excellent lines justice. Sorry if this came across and rambling, and hopefully you can pull something useful out of this.

Take care man, its all looking good.

Edit: Oooh, and also, bigger brushes!

Thanks
    Very nice work! You asked what I think you should be working on, and i think there is no right or wrong answer to that. Keep doing what you're doing, keep having fun and always try and be conscious of what it is exactly you are learning when you do studies.
    Hope that wasn't too vague!

Thanks
    Really cool characters and studies. I love the dude in post #108 with the huge sword. Very nice sense of balance going on there. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Nightblue-thanks alot yeah I liked that sketch to, though I think it fails functionality wise. Gotta start thinking more about how my characters would actually be able to move in space instead of just random shapes. You have some amazing works going on looking forward to your updates.

Miles_-Hey Miles thanks for droping by my sketchbook. You sure have your art knowledge down. Probly one of the best crits ive heard in my sketchbook But your tottally right ill have to get on doing some more color studies. Ill really start keeping in mind if the lights cool or warm. Im having a hard time coloring my line sketches still trying to find a painting style that fits my lines. Really helpfull man thanks again. ill be keeping my eyes pealed for your updates.

D@niel-Thanks for droping by dude! Really means alot, but ill keep at it though, gona try before each study to really think about what im looking to learn in it instead of just blindly copying. Your sketchbooks so inspiring really shows that anyone can learn to paint and draw if you have the right mind set.

Sycra-sup man thanks alot that characters sooo old haha feels like that was so long ago. Balance though seems ive kinda forgotten about that another thing I will have to keep in mind.

--------------------------
    warm up sargent plein air painting study. Its cool to study sargents rough works because it feels like your doing the first steps as sargent would do him self if he was tackling a painting. also been trying to make sure my paintings work in thumbnails.Pretty much all my paintings from mind fail in thumbnails so much more I have to learn.
    Attachment 887256
    Attachment 887257

worked alittle more on my Frazetta study was lazy today on it
    Attachment 887258

a character painting from mind. so stiff, colors are wack,forms wonky and its not functional at all
    Attachment 887259
    Last edited by Jamie Romoser; January 24th, 2010 at 02:13 AM.

Thanks
    Cool, you got some nice comments, try learning from it . Thing I noticed, I think you could draw the hands a bit larger, on both drawings (woman and robot). Other then that, jsut keep drawing .

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Lyno For This Useful Post:

Page 36 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast