Sketchbook: Jamie Romoser's Sketchbook - Page 35

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1189
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great updates, and I like your studies a lot,I'm taking a notes to do this photo studies too

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to in2eternity For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I see you been whipping out the studies, keep it up man. That knight in post 144 is sick, im jealous. See you soon!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yoo jamie thanks for visiting my sketchbook m8

your work is awesome i really like it cool coloring drawings etc yeah you know what i mean

anyways stay with it i really dont have to say that cause your already at page 35 and its already in your sub concious to work everyday

Later

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tomskie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 781 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    loving those still lifes a few pages back. keep up the good work. i'm always watching. ;]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MattGamer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 917 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    sketchibo, Kungfoowiz,Mr.Thorne,oma,bpic-Thanks for the kind words everyone

ryanoir-Thanks yeah maybe some colored graff in the future maybe some simple color outlines would be cool on sketches. Keep it up in your sketchbook

devastacio-O man I was really a fiend for diablo back in the day. Game used to scare me when I was a kid haha. Maybe one day I can design some demons for a diablo game XD thanks for dropping

teapo-hey mike been doog just been trying to draw as much as I can. New york sounds fun hope all is well!

Seraph Fawkes-Hey thanks for stopping by Seraph you have a really cool sketchbook going. I'll deffinatly try and make a concious effort to think about what I should render and leave up to the view to make up.

kingkostas-Thanks Kostas looking forward to seeing that pencil update!

alexson-Yeah graffiti is interesting think im starting to see my graff lines kinda intermingle with my other stuff latley O.o been fun though. Keep it up in your sketchbook man thanks for stopping by.

jeremygordon89-Yeah he kinda does huh need to study up on some more horn variations they have always been fun to draw haha.

DSmith-Thanks dude ill have to stop by your sketchbook sometime.

dleoblack-I really do need to start up a new still life. Wana do one with alot of diffrent materials this time have a good one and thanks for dropping by.

Black Spot-thanks for the constant feedback.Seems my still lifes to me have been getting more dull X3 probly because im getting bored looking at them. Wana expirement with doing mores till lifes of weird stuff looking O.o

P-Pijus! your work is nice aswell! looking forward to seeing those updates man

LORD M-yo!have an awsome sketchbook going youself. Yeah will have to dive more into enviroments it is a weak area for me that I try and avoid alot I'm noticing now XD thanks for the crit always appreciated.

Puffynose-hm puffy nose *thinks of some furry animal* interesting name if your talking about the graffiti na I havnt really done much fully colored graffiti. Always just done some simple colored outlines. Might have to expirement more and see. Thanks for dropping by haha

in2eternity-yeah photos are fun to study. Though I think life is always better for colors. Want to get more into taking photos though thanks for stopping by ill have to check out your updates.

tomskie-thanks man yeah really its at a point now where I cant stop thinking about art haha XD Its cool stilll lifes have really changed my way of looking at things.

MattGamer-thanks Matt a new stilll life is in the order for brewing haha.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for all the crits and comments everyone always cool hearing what you guys and gals have to say
    I'll have to do more sketchy stuff in the past months ive been restricting myself to just doing longer studies.
    But this is a sketchbook and nothing has to be perfect and should expirement more. theres no one telling me what I cant and can draw so just gona have fun

~some randomness doodle
    ~character from mind and some unlegiable notes on the side haha XD
    ~Face/helmet studies and doodles some from ref
    Name:  68.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  70.0 KB

Name:  69.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  211.8 KB

Name:  70.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  272.4 KB

Last edited by Jamie Romoser; December 30th, 2010 at 03:15 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamie Romoser For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ~Another mind doodle from tonight. trying to keep my sketches just spontanous as possible. Just put some music on and let it happen. Alot of stuff wrong with it but just trying to get an idea out. If I wanted to refine it I would start gather refrence after this point. Probly wont like this when I see it in the morning XD
    Name:  female chracter1.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  132.9 KB

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamie Romoser For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for stopping by at my sb.
    The infested designs are sick! They are just awesome. The hunched over one is my favorite. The hunching but menacing motion. Just real cool. Nice line quality by the way.

The only crit I see is maybe Idunno if it's just me but figures 2,3's right arms are longer than the left arm that is closer to the viewer.

If you look you have made drastic improvements from the beginning of the month. And if you aren't convinced take a look yourself.

Keep on drawing man

-K

I'm out to conquer the world equipped with a pencil, digital paint and a Sketchbook
    and when I do achieve that goal...I'll conquer the moon too

"When you draw nervously you end up with a nervous drawing, so drawing strongly produces lines filled with vitality"- Nightow Yasuhiro

"Use the ability you already have, and use it, and use it, and make it develop itself."-Robert Henri

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sanakris For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great stuff man, my favorite is the one made to advertise that young artist contest.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lennon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great atonomy. or however you spell it

SketchPage
    Blog
    Facebook

CONCEPTART.ORG has BANNED this USER Ryan Walsh for unprofessional, disruptive and disrespectful behavior. He will not be returning to this community, nor participating in any TAD, ConceptArt, or MB related programs or opportunities in the future.

Beware burning bridges. The industry is small.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to CesarNostradamus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I haven't looked at you sketchbook for a while and I must say that I'm amazed Your improvement over last few months is massive

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Tadas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rad sketchbook dude, wish I could be this good. Thanks for posting

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Rubina8tor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man, nice designs ! keep working on them ! and
    i really wanna see more finished pieces ! c ya !

24. The Following User Says Thank You to kikindaface For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there,

These concepts are looking good. Its great you have included the characteristics of each character design too. Try to make them unique, don't fall into generic warrior/Mage types mate. Dont forget to design some props and trinkets for them as well. Hoping to see some of these concepts developed fully, in the future.

Keep up the good work mate. Will drop by later. Wish you a Happy New Year! Have fun!

My Sketchbook

Check out my friends?
    Lt.Plissken | Ramalooke | ThomasM | shiNIN | kiwigarbage | Kungfoowiz | Bethany K. | Sivonja | equilerex

What man is a man, who does not make the world, better. -Kingdom of Heaven

26. The Following User Says Thank You to devastacio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you have an awesome sketchbook here, keep the amazing work coming!

art is never finished, only abandoned~Leonardo da Vinci

28. The Following User Says Thank You to ezekrialase For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,154 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    ive got an idea
    you should do a street scene, or like a city or something, and your own graffiti everywhere. i feel you need to put your beautiful street art in your concept art
    everything here's lookin dope, keep at it!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ryan mcshane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sanakris-Hey no problem man. Drawing hunched over demon guys has always been fun. Deffiantly wana expirement more with the angles of the torso with demons and stuff haha. Thanks for dropping by

lennon-thanks had alot of fun with that one latley been just drawing need to get back into doing more painting.

CesarNostradamus-Ah anatomy still so much to learn and relearn XD

Tadas-Thanks man theres been a steady progression in your sketchbook aswell.

Rubina8tor-You can just draw everyday! and just observe everything around you.

kikindaface-yeah been just messing around with designs latley not sure where my style is going either O.o

devastacio-yeah deffinatly need to think more about my designs. There probly so rehashed ideas I think. But thanks for stopping by man. ill have to stop by your sketchbook.

ezekrialase-Thanks!

Ryanoir-ah man thats a cool concept would be interesting thanks for the continous feedback dude

====================================
    Not to happy with todays studies was lazy on alot of lines. Just alot of stuff off with everything so much to learn!

~Torso studies from observation
    ~heads non ref
    ~went back to a old Sargent Study
    Name:  dfbgd.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  161.9 KB
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  234.7 KB
    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  148.3 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mmmmm... i smell hard work ! awesome man ! i always have an eye on you, so keep climbing up the ladder that fast ! moaar

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Sebastian Gromann For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey jamie,love the horse painting,its so emotive and dripping in drama D: ..im also very fond of your anatomy studies...espcially the female heads page above,the simply but very effective hairlines are inspiring to me.

Consider yourself encouraging :3

oh and keep drawing.

Will

Never Attempt the Possible;attempt the impossible and even if you fail,you'll fall among the stars.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to FootstepsBeckon For This Useful Post:

I live in Northolt in Central London when I'm not at uni! :D
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for visiting my sketchbook! I really love your work!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,435 Times in 747 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'm loving your lines man. Interesting how they are all digital too...I find that lines are infinitely easier traditionally.

Sorry I don't have any crits for you, you are doing great. Keep up the hard work!

Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

"Complacency is the womb of mediocrity. " -- Jason Manley

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." -- Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, thanks for dropping by my sketchbook and providing some tips. I love your colors! They look very alive. Hope to get to where you're at someday

Just started a sketchbook! Check it! Then critique it!
    wessoo starts drawing for serious

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for stopping by my sb. You have some really good studies here, nice colors. Your characters are improving as well. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,606 Times in 1,975 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    great studies bro! love the nice loose gestural linework! has a great flow to it. keep banging these out man!

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Some Sketchbooks you should check out! --->
    (expect this list to change alot)
    Mattinian
    RazorB
    Albino-Z
    MatejaPetkovic
    Cold
    Jama

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    shit this looks good. i got no crits for you. lots of studies. the still lifes especially stand out, you've got metals down perfect. maybe too perfect in that they stand out in some pics. i find doing still lifes boring as hell, where do you find the discipline? your hand studies look real confident, like you're getting almost every line right where it should be first try.

maybe i can say try something out of your comfort range. if everything is lookin good, you must be comfortable right? lets see something that sucks. it'll make me feel better about my stuff at the very least!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello hello!
    Just been taking a good look through your sketchbook.
    No crits, your stuff is brilliant!
    Keep up the good work

Take a look? - Sketchbook - Tumblr -
    Also, why not check these guys too?

Krysjez - Clur
    Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    SnobbyOo-oh man same with you bro!

FootstepsBeckon-Thanks for stopping by Will. The Frazetta study was so much fun. Not even close to capturing the life in it like Frazetta did. He was able to capture so much information with as little strokes as possible a big inspiration for me.

ladyknowles-no problem and thank you! ill be keeping an eye out for those updates.

Andrew Sonea-yeah man lines in digital has given me alot of trouble still is. I'm really getting interested in trying to get my traditional pencil and painting into the digital world haha. thanks for dropping by dude you hav been improving alot in your sketchbook.

wessoo-Colors are still such a trip to me alot to learn but thanks you think they look alive thats kinda what im going for I think.

Rustveld-hey no problem man always cool seeing all the sketchbooks on CA

NickyBeats-Thanks man will do really having a blast with lines latley. Kinda nice almost relaxing in a way to just scribble some stuff up.

the_original_sean-oh man so much to learn still it feels XD so much out there in the world it really makes my mind boggle. But with still lifes yeah dude I feel you on getting bored and burnt out on them pretty much every still life ive done has felt that way in the end haha. I think what helped me with the longer still lifes is just trying to pick materals that you find generally interesting to look at. I have a new still life in the works this time got some weird objects. But i'd say im really not that comfotorable everything I do I still think its par to what has come before me. I think thats just how art will always be for alot of people. I'm really trying not to stress anymore and just enjoy the process of creating. Thanks for stopping by Sean ill be keeping an eye out for those updates

Naidy- Ello ello Naidy! Thank you will keep at it and try and have fun. keep it up in your sketchbook you have a good progression going.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Happy new year everyone!
    My new years resolution is gona be
    1.....To keep an open mind and not get trapped in thinking theres one way to do anything in art.
    2.....To have fun and enjoy the process of creating.
    3.....To do more oil painting and traditional work
    4.....to think more about every stroke of the pencil or bush and why im doing it.
    5.....more life studies and I want to copy the whole bridgeman book front to back XD

~Daniel F Gerhartz study. I'm really getting into alla prima styled painting Its the most eye pleasing for me I love really loose works yet there somehow realistic in a way. I'm trying to stay as close to a traditional oil painter as possible when im doing these studies. Working in 1 layer and just trying to focus all my energy into right color, right value, right stroke placement and edges. I'm trying to completely not use the undo tool anymore and just paint over my mistakes instead of undoing them. It's been making me think about what im gona do before I do it more.

~doodle from mind this one was fun.
    Name:  study1 copy.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  229.4 KB

Name:  Death scene copy.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  109.9 KB

Last edited by Jamie Romoser; January 1st, 2011 at 05:27 PM.

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jamie Romoser For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,435 Times in 747 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    That Gerhartz study is really nice (and I've never heard of him before, so thanks for introducing me).

I looked at the second picture though and was immediately struck by the fact that it is so different from the Gerhartz (great brushwork, edges, and strong colours versus line with very dull and desaturated colours). I think if you are focusing so much on brushwork and colour in your studies, you should try to incorporate that into your other work.

Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

"Complacency is the womb of mediocrity. " -- Jason Manley

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." -- Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Jamie, nice concept work and anatomy studies. I love that Gerhartz study, do more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice Gerhartz study! His crazy colors make for a great and interesting example to work from.

I like seeing how you construct the figure with simpler shapes and masses. You use the technique well.

Have you been doing much traditional work lately?

Here's my sketchbook!

48. The Following User Says Thank You to Blizzard5291 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,154 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    dope color study, good shit my friend!

50. The Following User Says Thank You to ryan mcshane For This Useful Post:

Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 10