Page 33 of 92 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 83 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamie Romoser's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 917 Posts
    zhonked-hey thanks for the point outs man sometimes I get blinded by my faults, its always nice hearing what I need to work on. Theres really so much wonky stuff going on with that peice, I need to stop diving into rendering so fast all the time and work out my proportaions and stuff. Ill try and stick with it though and take it to finish. Thanks for droping by man!

walnut-Haha think im good at color? I think im pretty crappy at it to be honest guess its getting better over time though. Yeah refrence, its really another one of the things im not good at, like trying to balence your peice with refrence and imagination its hard. Ill deffenatly look around for some ref though the feet and legs are killing me. I dove into rendering way to fast one of my biggest mistakes im seeing. Thanks for the drop by dude! your sketchbooks badass.

AlexTooth-Hey sup Alex thanks man! I do need to work on more enviroments and finishing up more work.

-----------------------------
    shity Carravaggio study today. If you hear me up there Carravaggio sorry for making your paintings look like crap!
    just started my game job project thing its really cool!
    Everythings under NDA so wont be able to post any work I wish I could show you guys though. in the future
    Attachment 843115

Attachment 843117
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamie Romoser For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,190 Times in 1,969 Posts
    The life study looks really great.The rendering is nice smooth and complete.Thats the feeling you must give to the illustration with the woman and the dragon.Now it still look strange, with outlines here and there and such.But keep working it, you will earn a lot of exp ahh + the bonus experience from your concept art work.
    Gratz.Keep going

Thanks
    I agree...always crazy seeing your old work and the progression you've made. I made a post in my SB (can't remember the page) where I remade a character I had drawn exactly a year ago from that time. It's a good thing to do when you feel like you're not getting anywhere and then you realize you are...slowly but surely Keep it up man!

Thanks
    kingkostas-thanks for the help man yeah I was kinda trying for a new style just experimenting I guess. Hopefully all my still lifes im doing show through with my imagination stuff. It doesnt feel like im learning anything but in the back of my mind I have to tell my self I am learning.

jackpot_anjr90-yup slowly but sherly. Thats a good idea though im gona have to re do a character form the begining of my sketchbook haha should be fun. Thanks for stoping by man

--------------------
    a still life today.. my dads gas mask from desert storm.
    so many things wrong with it cant even name them all
    I had a very hard time getting the shadow on the cloth right ><
    I think im getting alittle faster at these.
    Attachment 843962
    Attachment 843964
    Last edited by Jamie Romoser; December 2nd, 2009 at 06:43 PM.

Thanks
    Hey thanks for stopping by my sketchbook! The gas mask is cool, it is great how you try many differnt media - just keep on with you studies it's the best thing you can do!
    when you get to hell, tell them I sent you - you`ll get a group discount

My Sketchbook

kischisart.com
    available for freelance

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kischi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Gas mark looks great man, you're too hard on yourself!

As for still life's helping, I am certain, that subconciously you're picking up a lot about the way light works in the real world - it's will definitely rub off in your personal work I'm sure, just give it some time

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AlexTooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,190 Times in 1,969 Posts
    It looks nice mate.Just in some places it needs more work and fixings.Edges of the shadows, how good is the construction, small and edged highlights(just a point of highlight).Details like that will make them to the other level.But what you have to do is just keep up.And actually it feels like you learn.The big learning will be when you understand why you do somethings as you do them(when you draw from life) so that you can then pass the knowledge to the works of your mind.
    Keep going

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    woooo, looked through your book, tons of improvement, and some creative designs. Keep rockin trhough itt! Ill watcch. CRIMSON DAGGGEERRSS!!!
    Last edited by agelaos; December 3rd, 2009 at 01:08 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to agelaos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 1,092 Posts
    The pages from your traditional sketch book on the previous page are really nice!
    I just love seeing traditional work, and so varied too!

I really like the fact that you show us how you did your digital work once in a while, and i am really looking forward to see the next ones!

About the mask..hey!! We ALL have our good days n bad days, not that i am encouraging slacking off now but it just happens..not all your work will satisfy you, no? I know i hardly ever get satisfied lol but don't forget you're getting better nevertheless!! Perhaps retouch that shadow and the values to make it better? And some texture around the really highlighted area?

Anyway,like Alex said, don't be so hard on yourself!
    And try to do some contours like he is doing to boost your confidence and line quality?

See you
    Sketchbook - I really appreciate comments and critique, please visit!

Danny_K Icecold

"Good artists are the crappy artists who never gave up!!"

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cristina Zabava For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Wow,you work fast!
    How the hell can you do that?
    Very inspiring work and such diversity. Love it!
    Keep up with life studies! Big improvement since your first digipainting.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Temperowka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    kischi-Thanks man will do

AlexTooth-Ill keep at it just always trying to find out what i need to improve.

kingkostas-Thanks for the help i have a hard time with edges I alctually need to do some studies about edges in paintings. Ill try adding some more detail in high lighted areas.

agelaos-Crimson daggers 4 life! haha

BlackDelphin-Thanks for droping by my sketchbook Ill add some texture to the high lighted areas fersher. The varied works kinda weird to me haha im not sure if i should try and stick to 1 style and just keep expanding it or just keep expirementing to find a style that i like. Its fun though

Temperowka-Im not sure if im fast or not looking at videos of other artists i think i work pretty slow to be honest. Thanks though ill keep up with the studies.

-------------------
    so what do you guys think should i try to stick with 1 style and grow from it or should i be expirementing with styles? Still feels like i havnt found my style yet maybe its just me. Or should i not be worrying about it and just keep studying and worry about style later?

worked on my still life alittle
    Attachment 845258
    Last edited by Jamie Romoser; December 4th, 2009 at 01:37 AM.

Thanks
    thanks for commenting on my sketchbook! thanks for the tip, i hadn't realized until recently how useful it is to copy loomis's stuff for practice. my bridgman book's coming soon yayay
    ps...it's cool to see how much you've progressed in painting. i'm getting a wacom soon, and hopefully will learn myself

21. The Following User Says Thank You to gabs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I love what you do with colors man. You've got a really unique style. Keep up all this excellent digital stuff. Thanks for stopping by my sketchbook and giving me a chance tot peek at yours; I'll be dropping by to check your updates for sure.
    --==]> My Sketchbook <[==--

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Gasbag For This Useful Post:

Page 33 of 92 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 83 ... LastLast