Sketchbook: Jamie Romoser's Sketchbook - Page 30
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamie Romoser's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn dude. serious improvments since the last time i was here. i was gonna write you some crap here about not getting down on your art but there are a lot of great comments from people already. i go through it ALL the time and so does probably everyone. just struggle through it and come out stronger.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DeKal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really nice work, really like that book commission work

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jskotte For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lovely stuff, keepz posting!

My Sketchb00k regular updates
    -= i am looking for work =-
    DeviantArt . CGhub gallery . www.artofinca.com . Blog

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Artofinca For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    holy shit man, great stuff, i just went through your whole sketchbook in one go haha

gota love your dedication!

x

To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.
    My Sketchbook-
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=190017

SKYPE-
    nyealexandafrayne

Website-
    http://nyealexandafrayne.tumblr.com/

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NyeAlexandaFrayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey awesome stuff I really like the ipod one. i feel ya on the imagination thing... don't worry about using ref! its just like doing a study you'll learn more and more... I think sometimes drawing from imagination is less a battle on the paper but a battle in your mind. you have to overcome all the little tricks you've picked up and tap straight into your subconscious or something anyway blah blah blah awesome work!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to papervampire For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    JAMIE I LOVE YOUR FACE!!!! *kisses*

honestly dude your improving like crazy have a butt slap

"Fuck me with a spear!..." -- Quote a song of ice and fire

SKETCHBOOK

BlOG

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Benjie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi OmertA
    cool studies in here - I agree with your statement on post #856
    try to fix some anatomy and composition stuff before rendering too much
    although itīs awesome how far you can push it

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kristo Novo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    DUDE. Hi. How's it going? Great art here, keep it up! Normally I'd find it inspiring, but we're in the same pool for TC100 so so it's actually pretty scary...Heh. Good luck!

sketchbook blog tumblr

The key to getting better at anything is to do it a lot.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Samszym For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    doooont leave me omerta post your work!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Krato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn omert it's been way too long since i stopped by in here and u have seriously gotten some nice level ups through hardwork, liking the tenacity keep at it, look forward to the updates!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to snootchy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,110 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    HELL YES BRO! Everything's looking killer, such big improvements Jamie!

Quote Originally Posted by gutss View Post
    yesterday, God came to me in a dream and told me that if I don't become a comic book artist, he has decreed that I shall instead be a burlesque dancer.
    And I said, "But God, nice panties are so expensive!"
    And he said, "Welp, I suppose you better shut up and draw."

Blog
    SketchBook (updated)
    Company

22. The Following User Says Thank You to JailHouseRock2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    love ur bridgman studies cool drawings

but i think that there is something wrong in the first girl head

24. The Following User Says Thank You to CRYPT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey great characters, studies, colours... everything you need to do well in conceptart. Its great to see improvement through the pages too, you cant ask for much more than that...just keep improving.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to dannE-B For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 918 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Krato-indeed thanks for the encourgment Krato gona keep pushing it and keep burning those wacom nibs haha. Really diggin your updates dude

ThomasM-yeah guess just the reason why im being so hard on myself is cause im not having any schooling so im trying to work 10 times harder gets stress for me sometimes. and haha yeah that hump on that characters back is fkin wonky XD actually like everyone of my paintings are wonky really should focus more on perspective ect thanks for dropping by man appreciate it

Morten-hey thanks man yeah I look back on that study and I tottaly messed up the eyes T.T haha but overal was a very fun study think i learned something from it *shrugs* thanks for the link by the way bro! some great ref

jackpot_anjr90-yeah still trying to find the balence between everything its tough. I just see some artists do some realistic ass peices and say they used no ref and im like : O but yeah ill keep studying shit that im struggling with wich is everything haha

Eddieee-yeah blocks suck! really shouldnt question myself and just draw the crap out of everything. Always gotta remember why i got into art in the first place just to have fun. Not looking to be rich hell i just want something that will last longer then I will. I think it would be pretty cool to be dead but still be rememberd for what you do like the old masters. I want to push the level of art to a next level. Thanks for dropping by dude and the ecouragment

Kungfoowiz-hey thanks broda you got some nice progression going in your sketchbook aswell man. Keep burning those pencils and wacom nibs!

kingkostas-yeah haha its always cool seeing the stuff from years past but still its not enough for me XD always trying to improve always seeing what there is to learn. Thats why arts so fun and overbearing at times so many things to see so much to learn guess thats what makes it the most fun its the challenge wich keeps me going. Thanks for dropping by Kostas your killin it in your sketchbook alwaying cool seeing what your up to.

ismo-hey thanks man yeah gotta relax X3 and just paint the shit out of everything. Thanks for the comment dude

MattGamer-damn Matt always some awsome things to say really great crits.
    "once you've mastered the basic foundations of art, you can then mold them into your liking. then breaking the rules and revolutionizing other peoples ideas and ways of thinking. that's what we all do as artists. we give people visual stimulation for their everyday boring lives. we give them something to hope for. we bring their dreams to life. we change the world around filling it with our sense of beauty, feeling, and perception!" that was some inspiring words right there thanks Matt best wishes dude will keep an eye out for your updates.

teapo-505 brotheren whats good? yeah always gotta remeber by why i do art in the first place haha sometimes i just get stressed cause im not sure if im even improving or im just falling into the same shit. Great progress in your art buddy keep it up keep learning whats out there.

Devrak-Hey thats man that means alot. Not to sure? haha I just paint stuff till it looks kinda cool to me but none of it never does XD have a good one dude thanks for dropping by.

Erick Willand-ah na man its a slow journey. Im really not trying to rush anything trying to really take the time and see what it is im actually trying to learn. How light and color works man after doing still lifes its really made me see the world in a diffrent view. Are worlds a beautiful place sucks that alot of people dont see it that way and just wana rush from point a to point b. thanks for the comment man

My57-ah im the complete opposite I suck at oils really wana learn *looks at my oil paints* need to go out and buy some new linseed oil haha. But yeah been doing tons of stuff im my sketchbooks just no camera or scanner that works X3 ill drop by your sketchbook sometime thanks for the comment appreciate it.

Black Spot-hey thanks for the ecourgment ^^ indeed hmm elbows will have to study on that never really studied how elbows work and stuff.

gutss-Thank you for the awsome comment. Yeah need to be more paicent about art. Need to stop rushing and see what it is im actually doing before i do it. just gotta keep with the struggle. Have a good one gutts will drop by your sktchbook sometime.

DeKal-o shit Dekal whats up man? dude saw your work in some art magazine think it was image IFX? that was pretty sick howd you get into that mag anyway? will keep with the struggle and keep burning those wacom nibs haha
    have a good one dude your works inspiring

jskotte-hey thanks dude characters are fun. I wana start telling storys with my art though

Artofinca-Thanks you aswell fellow crimson daggerian haha diggin your updates

nyje-aw thanks man. Yeah its either draw and paint or be flipping burgers for the rest of my life. Think ill choose drawing and painting XD

papervampire-indeed some good words of advice thanks for droppin by mean alot.

Benjie-BEN!! how goes it bro? haha noooo no butt slaps beat the shit out of my work lol beat it to a pulp haha have a good one dude keep up the hard work.

Kristo Novo-yeah right now im trying to really plan my stuff out before I do it. Well for imaginative work any way will studys I just go all in guess thats why so much stuff is sooo wonky X3 need to chill out and have fun thinking about what im doing before i do it. Thanks for dropping by appreiciate it

Vertical-hey sup dude? hows it going? good luck to you aswell man keep with the struggle and come out stronger on the other side. thanks for droppin by ill stop by your sketchbook sometime. have a good one man

Krato-ahhh i know been slacking with the updates. Think I might try and daily color study update thing going I donno though X3

snootchy-hey sup bro danm man same to you some really crazy progression in your sketchbook aswell. Thanks for dropping by means alot

JailHouseRock2-Hey thanks Matt! same to you buddy hope all is going well. Your sketchbook pages are looking fkin awsome great style your developing and evolving

inspectorsokar-ah yeah bridgmen that guys awsome havnt done any studys from him in awhile might have to break out the book. And yeah gosh so much stuff wrong with the FF study the eyes man I placed the high lights totally wrong X3 sometimes when you look at a peice for so long you forget whats actually wrong with your peice. But yeah thanks for dropping by bro

dannE-B-same to you dude! will be keeping an eye out for those updates.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    wow thanks everyone for the awsome repplies means alot
    wana start telling storys with my art now.
    lets see
    ~still life rushed it was alittle overbearing doing so many objects its really wonky I have the hardest time getting perspective and symatry right on stuff XP
    ~value bust study of apollo freinds parents randomly had this in there house and I stole it. haha na just kiddin they let me barrow it. alot more of these studys in the future
    ~ingres master study this was pretty fun his skin tones he uses are crazy
    ~Last teen left standing peice you can see the wips on the challenge forum thing.

Name:  47.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  131.9 KB

Name:  48.jpg
Views: 819
Size:  93.7 KB

Name:  ingres study2.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  151.4 KB

color and lighting are so off have alot of learn but overal was fun think i learned something from it. But danm hands are hard to paint XP gona have to do a ton of studys cause im not sure what im doing
    Time wages on battles fought beasts slain. All to remind her of her loved one who once stood bravley beside her. All that is left ragged bones blisterd by the heat of the sun. Isolated.. not knowing where the future leads.The flowers drift in the wind as she lets go of her memories the final good bye. Death.

Name:  LAST TEEN STANDING FINAL4.jpg
Views: 823
Size:  363.3 KB

have a good one everybody keep burning those pencils and wacom nibs!

Last edited by Jamie Romoser; September 25th, 2010 at 12:38 PM.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jamie Romoser For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fan-damn-tastic work! Thanx for sharing and being a constant source of inspiration!

- BLOG - ------------------ - Sketchbook - ------------------ - deviantART -
    "It's nothing really, all in a days work for us bicycle repair men"

30. The Following User Says Thank You to shambok For This Useful Post:

ThomasM is offline Artist in training.... Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 879 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    really nice value studies there - I will take a leaf out of your book and do one myself tomorrow!

Sketchbook: INSATIABLE CURIOSITY

Tumblr:http://lovegraphite.tumblr.com/

"We make our own fortunes and we call them fate" - Benjamin Disraeli

32. The Following User Says Thank You to ThomasM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    omfg jamie u talented hardworking bastard, u the man, i luv all the sketches in ur last post, not sure if i'm going to be able to fall asleep now cuz i'm having eyegasms!

holy moly, can't believe u did all those characters for the last strider, seriously let me get some of them artroids ur taking hehe!

keep up the good work ur definitely inspiring me and prolly many others to do better!!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to snootchy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The result of dedication and hard work is what you see in this thread. Very nice indeed Omerta.

Jay's CA.org Sketchbook:
    Jay's Conceptart.org sketchbook

Check out my portfolio:
    http://jasonrossart.carbonmade.com

Check out my blog:
    http://mind2pixels.blogspot.com

"Practice" DOES NOT make perfect...
    "Perfect Practice" makes perfect...

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Ross For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your doing Great progress man,
    Lovefull to see
    <common info: in hebrew "munchess"=snackes" >>

trickey

<<Scatches&Study>>
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=172511

Face Book:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php

Twitter:

http://twitter.com/manga_dll
    **Only A child Doesn't give up!!***
    ***And there's nowhere to surrender***

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Yuki_slider For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya there Jamie! I love what I'm seeing in here..Really shows how hard work pays off. Your observationals are awesome and I really like the ingres study. The skin's colors and brush strokes are great.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonia Leticia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,154 Times in 1,077 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey bro!! Ahh.. so that's what you've been busy on, great power in those character poses. I would say though, try more variation in them, for example you have a lot of red clothing and similar armours, try to add a bit more uniqueness to each of them so they become stronger individuals.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Kungfoowiz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really enjoying your work. Amazing progression from beginning to end. Keep it up!

Always Aspire.
    Anthony Sullivan - Writer, Artist, Software Engineer
    My Sketchbook
    My DA

*** TONS OF TUTORIALS ***

44. The Following User Says Thank You to AWSullivan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,193 Times in 1,056 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    *drool* you're getting there !! wait for meeee~ haha jk :3

Sketchbook
    Blog
    Drachen

Matt
    Jamie
    King
    Henri
    Lukas

available for commission/work
    email: mister.guiang@gmail.com

46. The Following User Says Thank You to teapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude, your still lives and studies are amazing.

"Artists who seek perfection in everything
    are those who don't achieve it in anything"
    ~Eugene De La Croix

Deviantart~♥~ twitter~♥~ Blog ~♥~ IFX ~♥~ Sketchbook

48. The Following User Says Thank You to GweNdZ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,320 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    yo dude, hows it going? by the looks of the recent updates you must be doing great keep it up!

50. The Following User Says Thank You to ~KJK~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    why have not ı see your sketchbook? your progress is amazing and post 886 so impressive.

Last edited by karantina; September 24th, 2010 at 02:00 PM.

52. The Following User Says Thank You to karantina For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 1,033 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Man, you are killing it dude, keep studying and drawing your ass off, the improvement is like whoa! Cheers!

54. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Konstad For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 918 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    shambok-hey thanks for the kind words cool I can get people to draw just have fun

ThomasM-yup I really enjoy studies I try and do 1 everyday but theres some studies that take awhile longer.

snootchy-Oh shit haha whats up man! haha thanks for the kind words dude! still so much to learn! If I can I wana study everything in the world! haha if only I could live forever.

Jason Ross-Thanks alot Jason will try and keep it up and try and push things further

Yuki_slider-thank yuki ^^ haha you always have cool things to say. <common info: in hebrew "munchess"=snackes" >>

Sonia Leticia-Thank you Sonia hopefully I could give some advice to you in your sketchbook. Keep having fun and studying

Kungfoowiz-ah indeed yeah got pretty bored with the characters I really want to start telling stories now. Keep up the hard work man

AWSullivan-Thank you still feels like in in the begining of this journey still though XD

teapo-thanks Mike keep having fun dude!

GweNdZ-still lifes are fun ^^ really made me look at the whole world in a diffrent view. SOOO much out there to learn. How light and color works its a trip haha

Parsakoira-Hey thanks yeah its going alright just painting and trying to study as much as I can. Will drop by and see what you have been up to.

karantina-Thank you ^^ the still life though was so wonky X3

Metal Fingers-man look whos talking dude you have exploded! haha but thanks dude will keep at it. Have a good one

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    just dropping these studies off
    gona be putting all my time into my teen challenge entry now

~Frank Duveneck/ Peter monsted studies -I wana travel the world someday and do some real plein air studies
    ~Still life 1:00 natural light
    ~Reily H figure studies
    ~and some thumbnails for the teen challenge

Name:  50.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  408.8 KB

Name:  51.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  129.7 KB

Name:  52.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  86.7 KB

Name:  last teen standing round 2 copy.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  148.0 KB

Last edited by Jamie Romoser; September 23rd, 2010 at 12:16 AM.

56. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamie Romoser For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really digging that last figure on the left the face was done nicely

Check out my sketchbook and comment/crit while you're there =)
    sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You have a gas mask? Won't ask why, hehe.
    Keep up the good work bro, can't wait to see what those thumbnails become.

Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 10