watercolor dogs

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: watercolor dogs

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

watercolor dogs

I think I'm ready to call this one finished. This is a commision that has been giving me some trouble. The client was very specific about the things she wanted and she originally asked for pastels. I just couldn't get it to a point where I like it though, so I got her permission to do it in watercolor instead and I'm much happier with the finished product.

Any last minute crits before I give it to my client?

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fox, i think this turned out pretty nice The only thing i'd say is that it doesn't really POP enough... the contrast is a little lacking, of course this might from the scan or the photographing, but from what I can see, looks pretty decent. If you have gouache, you might want to go into the whites opaquely to get them to really shine. Also, the grass got a little muddy, but I don't think it necessarily hurts the piece. How big is this anyway?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good job, you have a good handle of the medium. I do have a crit though: the portrait on the top is a little off because it looks like a profile, but the eye is suggesting a 3 quarter turn, so that seems a little off. Also the snout of the dog on the bottom seems very thin, The bridge of the nose that connects the eyes to the nose just reads weird to me. I don't know if you can fix that in time, but I noticed those two things.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.