Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Dino Bird Link Confirmed

Thanks

Dino Bird Link Confirmed

Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but I thought this was pretty interesting! T-Rex Protein Confirms Bird-Dino Link
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,685 Times in 5,022 Posts
    Interesting? Very. Surprising, at this point? Not at all. Although I'm dying to hear Larry Martin or Alan Feduccia's spin on this.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    I agree, totally not surprising at all. The Mastodon/Elephant link seemed pretty obvious as well!

Thanks
    yeah, i just wish the scientists would make up their mind. i'v been hearing about the dino/bird link forever. so i'm glad they are finally deciding to stick to a theory.
    The tiger lies low, not from fear, but for aim.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,685 Times in 5,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarashi View Post
    yeah, i just wish the scientists would make up their mind. i'v been hearing about the dino/bird link forever. so i'm glad they are finally deciding to stick to a theory.
    That's not how science works, kiddo.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    yeah, i know. it can be annoying sometimes. math is straightfoward, but science isn't always so straight forward. sigh.
    The tiger lies low, not from fear, but for aim.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarashi View Post
    yeah, i know. it can be annoying sometimes. math is straightfoward, but science isn't always so straight forward. sigh.
    What would you rather have them do?

The fact that the study of science is an iterative process, corrective, and sometimes wrong is one of the beauties of it. It allows progress. I'm currently pretty glad they didn't just stick to the aether.

Also, a small pet peeve in science discussions; the way you used 'theory' is not they way the word 'theory' is used in science.
    Your 'theory' mean hypothesis, while in science the word 'theory' is more seen as as close to fact as science is able to get. Such as the theory of gravity. Or... the theory of evolution.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wassermelone For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Evolution doesn't really qualify as a theory in my book though, and never has. It is a hypothesis in the midst of testing (as far in as that can be done... not very much at all really) and is constantly being reiterated, following the scientific method.

Regarding this specific dino-bird link. All species of life share an astounding amount of DNA and strands of protein. To say that this is confirmation of any link that one species eventually formed modern day birds is absurd. Add that to the fact that National Geographic is guilty of perpetrating almost all of the mainstream dinosaur-to-bird-link hoaxes really causes me to doubt any such "provable and testable" connection. Also the fact that the artists employed by National Geographic have been found to have created several "jackalopian" reconstructions as artistic renditions of skeletons that aren't even 1/10 complete and all they were given was pictures and casts of those skeletal remains and the line that "we need you to come up with what this creature looked like as a 'link' (there's the line there) between such and such a species based off this skeleton you see here." Sounds alot like the creature construction process often used at this very site.

Yes, I am a creationist, and I realize there are many problems with current creation outlooks. However, there are just as many, if not more, problems with current evolution outlooks. It's just that creation has one very big thing that people don't like and don't care for and that's God. And no matter what happens regarding "proofs" or "evidences" either way people are going to believe what they believe based on their life experiences.

All creationism is to me, is a hypothesis that IF God really did cause these miraculous events to happen then this would be the outcome of biological history. In my outlook, Creationism says: nobody has the answers, but it is possible that this may have occured and there is room for it in logical thinking so let's use the scientific method (even though "God" is not testable, the rest is) to uncover the truth.

What I think is most interesting is that soft proteins were found at all in a fossil that is puportedly ~65 million years old, and the fact that soft proteins are being found more and more so in fossils and that evolutionists constantly claimed (although now recanted) that soft tissues could never survive in fossils.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joshua Fountain For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Fountain View Post
    Regarding this specific dino-bird link. All species of life share an astounding amount of DNA and strands of protein. To say that this is confirmation of any link that one species eventually formed modern day birds is absurd. Add that to the fact that National Geographic is guilty of perpetrating almost all of the mainstream dinosaur-to-bird-link hoaxes really causes me to doubt any such "provable and testable" connection.
    Other biased and subjectively reached conclusions aside; How long did you think that claim could stand without providing any sort of backing?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 561 Posts
    I don't believe in dinosaurs. i think they are our modern myth.
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Artstation

Or my stream on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/wwsketch

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by N D Hill View Post
    Other biased and subjectively reached conclusions aside; How long did you think that claim could stand without providing any sort of backing?
    Sheesh sorry, I meant perPETUATING not perPETRATING. That was a massive brain fart on my part and totally changed the meaning. Go go checking your posts after writing them >_>.

How I know this is NG is always backpedaling and recanting these findings. Such as: this. But of course, not before they put a massive "MISSING LINK" headline on their magazines so they sell better.

And I am just as biased and subjective as almost all of my science teachers have been. So go figure. Sorry for having my own mind and looking for answers on my own.

Thanks
    The truth is that we will never know for sure about the past. Science is basically just guessing untill proven correct or wrong. The majore error in what science is today is our media. They report theory as a truth when it is not. Take global warming for example there is no evidence that CO2 is causing the earth to warm up its just a theory mind you by the same person that in the 70's said that CO2 was causing the earth to cool and that we should be in a frozen waiste land now.

Now is CO2 causing the earth to warm I don't know. But I can not buy it when the so called scientest and non scientest that get hundreds of thousands of dollars in grants to say it is argue that the sun has no affect on the tempature of earth.

Oh and all you Al Gore worshippers can flame away at me all you want. Maybe you should not listen to a politician for you scientific theories and count them as facts. Try researching it your self and that meens both sides of the story and not just one. Then come to your conclusion.

As for the dinosaurs go I can say this. They where big amazing and no longer here. Chickens or not I'm glad I dont have to hide from a TRex on my way to work everyday.
    "The only thing we have to do is die. Everything else is a choice."

Thanks
    Just because there's evolution does not mean there is no God.

Georges Lemaître, a Belgian physicist and Roman Catholic priest, developed the Big Bang Theory and Charles Darwin was a devote religious follower....so what's all this black and white bullshit thinking anyway?

Hey, they found dinosaur bones. They use to exist...deal with it. The Earth is older then 10,000 years old.
    Last edited by NoSeRider; April 30th, 2008 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Doh! It's Charles....
    My New Neglected Sketchbook
    You Ain't no Nina!.....

"Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- John Fitzgerald Kennedy
    "My mind is made up. Don't confuse it with facts." -- Terence McKenna

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast